What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Basement Buds in Bed

G

Oh wow that 3 Queens should be epic. I've just finished a Wifi 43 hybrid recently and it is stupid fire!!

She's showing some nice frost...hope she has a good flavor!

Harvest should be nice, dopey!!! Im interested in the beds second round and your choice of plants?

I'll probably run 1 or 2 of the current girls again, and planning to pop some Chem D S1 and Chem 91 S1 from CSI, and Sowahh from Karma. Keeping it stanky next round.

@Mattbho thanks for taking the time, all great points! I was worried that the calcium def would get worse, but it stopped progressing almost as soon as I noticed it. I intended to just let these plants grow, do their thing...but plucking leaves to keep air flowing was a necessity. Especially VG Bubba, man she grew out on me. I think this pheno is too vigorous for my room, but we'll see how she smokes before I decide.

Day 42 flower

picture.php

Sugar Puffs
picture.php

VG Bubba
picture.php

CSI Bubba
picture.php

picture.php

Peace
DM

G

These pics are from yesterday...

Mendocino Purple Kush day 32-33
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Three Queens day 43
picture.php

picture.php

Peace
DM

G

Day 44 flower

Sugar Puffs leaves fading fast
picture.php

CSI Bubba got a sweet smell from her today, almost grape and that was before I stuck my nose in any other plant.
picture.php

VG Bubba showing some issues today. I noticed some progressing dark purple fade on some leaves up top, and looked under a big fan to find what looks like mildew on the leaves underneath.
picture.php

I plucked a whole bunch more leaves today, top to bottom...only to discover some balls n weiners near the bottom. Turns out I have (had) a not-insignificant light leak under the frame of the pocket door about 3-4 inches long. Caulked it up tonight. Also cut all the balls/bananas off (6-7 spots) after turning off all fans and spraying all areas before and during removal to halt as much pollen drift as possible. Still saw one little yellow cloud disperse. Oh well, nothing more I can do about it. I culled her backup clone today.
picture.php

picture.php

Peace
DM

G

Day 45 flower

Just for you, moses!

Sugar Puffs I'm starting to appreciate a lot of her characteristics...can't wait to get a taste!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Peace
DM

G

cont...
Thought this was a cool shot showing three different girls...front-to-back: CSI Bubba, Three Queens, VG Bubba
picture.php

Mendocino Purple Kush day 35
picture.php

CSI Bubba 45
picture.php

picture.php

Three Queens 45
picture.php

Peace
DM

G

Sugar Puffs is looking so thick, what is the cross?

Bubblegum x Mendo Purps by CSI: Humboldt. I left all the larf down below on this first run. If I keep her, she would definitely benefit from some earlier pruning.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

CSI Bubba so frosty
picture.php

Group shot
picture.php

Peace
DM

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Wow that CSI Bubba looks like a white strain.

Have you found any pistils that are pollinated? Male flowers that appear on the lower branches, stress induced, are often completely sterile. At least in my experience. Let's hope that is the case!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi DMS, shame about the light leak and nanners on the VG Bubba... tbh i think that is the first report of any intersex traits.. but i s'pose there is a fairly good reason for it if it was localised to the light leak..

The purple fade is genetic and not temp related, good that you got it growing well.. it can be quite vigorous when happy and plenty of root space..

How is it smelling ?

VG

G

Wow that CSI Bubba looks like a white strain.

Have you found any pistils that are pollinated? Male flowers that appear on the lower branches, stress induced, are often completely sterile. At least in my experience. Let's hope that is the case!

I haven't found any pollinated pistils yet...at least I don't think...

There's this strange growth inside the very top of the MPK girl, you can sort of see it in the 2nd picture from my post on Dec 11th. It looks like a teeny tiny seed, but no bract around it. Just sort of sitting at the top where the flower growth terminated. I might have to dig it out to see what's up...

Hi DMS, shame about the light leak and nanners on the VG Bubba... tbh i think that is the first report of any intersex traits.. but i s'pose there is a fairly good reason for it if it was localised to the light leak..

The purple fade is genetic and not temp related, good that you got it growing well.. it can be quite vigorous when happy and plenty of root space..

How is it smelling ?

VG

I didn't spend much effort looking for balls since I can't recall a single report of intersex in all my browsing, either. The light leak was right in front of her, and the veg room lights only go out for 6 hours each night, so she was getting hit with light for 6 of 12 hours of supposed darkness. Big oops, sorry mate...really wanted to represent better for you!

I'm still a bit lost on the smell, I can't really describe it. It's not terribly pungent, sometimes I get a hint of an earthy-type smell, but mostly sweet. Not doing much for me, but I don't judge until the smoke...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Peace
DM

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
These things happen.. great that there was a definite cause that you could identify and fix... Often with the bubba you don't get the full terp profile until you break up the dry buds ...maybe because they are very dense.

The taste is what sold me on the bubba as much as anything so hopefully you will get something you like. It certainly looks good and frosty !

(bubba can look ready quite early but i always let it go at least 8 weeks)

VG

Mattbho

You murdered the Vg bubba clone??
That was harsh , Its 2020 bro we don't discriminate anymore. All jokes aside ive had a few nanners show up on a perfect seed run. completely disappeared when I grew out the clones.

Defoiliation
Don't get me wrong .. I'm a stripper . I just do a major strip day 21 after the stretch . But a leaf would really have to piss me off to get plucked during the stretch.

Good catch on the light leak how did u figure it out ?

G

Good catch on the light leak how did u figure it out ?...

I didn't really figure it out, per-se...I just remembered that I had yet to seal that part. What can I say? I'm a stoner :joint:

Here's some CSI Bubba from last night
picture.php

And Mendocino Purple Kush
picture.php

Peace
DM

eyesdownchronic

I haven't found any pollinated pistils yet...at least I don't think...

There's this strange growth inside the very top of the MPK girl, you can sort of see it in the 2nd picture from my post on Dec 11th. It looks like a teeny tiny seed, but no bract around it. Just sort of sitting at the top where the flower growth terminated. I might have to dig it out to see what's up...

interesting, this exact thing has happened to me before acouple times. think maybe once it was white skunk x lbl from GLG freebies. always seems to be from a little bit of stray herm pollen.

G

hahaha, that cracks me up.
*takes a fat rip* "Oh shit, did I ever finish sealing my grow room?"
ive definetly done some shit like that before.

I've accepted it as part of the life, wouldn't change it for a thing! ;)

Looking closer at all the girls now...CSI Bubba has joined the sausage party. These are both pics of a single banana on her towards the top.
picture.php

picture.php

I know moses is probably waiting patiently for more Sugar Puffs pics. All I have is this crappy one, though...
picture.php

Peace
DM

Latest posts

Latest posts