What's new

Balancing Soil Minerals

Status
Not open for further replies.

milkyjoe

Veteran
btw...if you do add compost and top soil it could change the numbers quite a bit. I would do that first and then retest. Amendments would then be based on the new test.

Be careful to make sure you still have good drainage after adding those

oct

I'm really looking forward to no-guessing ganja farming....I got by lucky enough but it's tI'm for the switch...

I remember when you and caligabe were disagreeing. He said testing is vital and you didn't really think so..said something like you hadn't had any problems in 7 seasons or something and never tested. Did a patch have issues or you just decided to get more in-depth?

Besides plant health, testing saves you a bunch of money. Knowing exactly what and how much of something to put in your dirt keeps a lot of money in your pocket.

Top_shelf_farms

I remember when you and caligabe were disagreeing. He said testing is vital and you didn't really think so..said something like you hadn't had any problems in 7 seasons or something and never tested. Did a patch have issues or you just decided to get more in-depth?

Besides plant health, testing saves you a bunch of money. Knowing exactly what and how much of something to put in your dirt keeps a lot of money in your pocket.

Yep I had a good run but got some pm last year.... on top of that just a much deeper passion for the entire process of growing cannabis, soil included. Sometimes it's hard to break an old habit, especially if your making $$$$$

Dreambig

Hey milky. That soil is 1 year old. Last year I think around August I added a small amount of langbeinite, manganese sulfate, fertibor and copper sulfate as top dress. I'm guessing manganese is high because it's only mixed in in the top layers. Same with all the rest of the amendments.

reppin2c

Veteran
Caligabe/mountain had alot of good things people could learn but few listened. RIP bro and this one is for you

@milky joe

I was reading an old thread where you and vortex power went back and forth a lil bit about the use of carbonatite.(Spanish river carbonatite)

How did that work out? Did you run any tests or deem it useful?

Thanks for sharing.

milkyjoe

Veteran
It looks like great stuff but I have not used it. If it were local(ish) I would definitely give it a shot.

VortexPower420

Veteran
Carbonatite is the only non local input I use. But it being only 1% of all rock types it's kinda hard to get local.

You can not beat it's diversity or forms of minerals.

The P is apitite so it is available when the plants roots make it available and doe not complex with anything else.

I don't soil test and go only by feel. I know no what this thread is about but the ratio of CA:mg:k is almost albrecth ratios.

It's really interesting stuff and would love to see a side by side. I just don't have time or space.

Thanks.for the details. I grabbed a bag a while back. The Canadian dollar was weaker vs US so the deal was just a minor splurg.

Ive only used it on a few plants with too many other variables to make any judgement. But current crop is jubilant.

Are you just talking shit or is there reason to casually slander him?

Attachments

• talking_shit_1245475.jpg
    talking_shit_1245475.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 28

FoothillFarming

The reason I am asking was clearly displayed. Michael was taking a very long time to even respond to people, let alone give them recommendations. I was interesting in using him, but not if he bailed on a fair amount of his customers.

FoothillFarming

I didnt see the "clearly displayed" part. Where is that found?

My apologizes, for my rep comment as well. I totally miss read what you were saying. I thought you were saying what I was asking is unclear, but I think you are saying, where is the evidence of my claims?

I thought I read that he was taking a really long time to get back to people in this very thread. That or another site I used to frequent. I have no problem being told Michael came through on every order, in fact, I prefer to hear that. :tiphat:

Michael did right by me

Thanks for sharing. How is your soil working out for you so far?

orechron

I think what happened is that he came on here and then got flooded with consultation requests. One of the guys I'm helping right now was waiting around 4 days or so before he heard back from him. I don't think he was purposefully ignoring people, probably just got to busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.