What's new

bad backs and the weather.......

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Stay strong and medicated...or strongly medicated...don´t know what´s best.
Same on these parts my friends, worst Summer since i moved to England.
Might be the last tough ;) My bones need warmer climates.
Get better soon S4L

Drift13

S4L, know what ya mean about the weather changing and increasing the pain level. As crazy as it may sound a float in a warm to almost hot pool does a bunch of good for me. Well that with my VA meds and a smoke. Every little bit helps, unless it's one of those days....

junior_grower

Quick question for you older types. How many of you take/ did take glucosamine, chondroitin, ect? And if so have you found any benefit?

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

as young as you are jg you might benefit from any number of remedies, for me it was too late to try any glucosamine or chondroitin as it was an accident that brought on my pains.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I feel your pian...

I feel your pian...

..I'm awash in pain, friggin weather's been changing w/frequency here, just wreaks havoc on my spine.......

S4L this barometric pressure thing is killing me! This summer has been the worst ever for changes, and changes a couple times a day. Too make things worse I have a large BP screen right next to my PC so I can keep track and document my pain vs BP change. But a couple times a day is not normal.

Every time that rises or lowers we feel it, and for me that depends on the sharpness of the rise or fall. I've been awakened at night more by it this year. The BP changes don't have to low pressure systems with clouds associated with them to affect me, any change causes pain.

I'm going to see an "arthritis Doctor" in a week, I'll report back what this "new" expert has to say about it as my old surgeon did not believe it true. I felt like grabbing him by the neck and getting in his face to convince him..LOL. I hope you all have a pretty good day..be well...DD

Last edited:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I used to be able to tell you when it was going to rain.

I used to get back pain when a big pressure change came in.

Then in '07 I was in a car wreck and went through tons of pain therapy and doctor bullshit. Pills up the ass and performance issues in every aspect of my life. Massive pain when the pressure fronts came in, way worse than before.

I don't feel shit now when the pressure changes. *shrug*

Over the last 2 years I've cut all chemical, processed, refined and "wrong for my blood type" foods from my diet. The changes have been dramatic and many.... the lack of pain in my back is just one of them.

The only pain I really have now is from my birth defect and that's handled by cannabis. I'm completely blown away and can't recommend changing your diet enough.

Diet may not 'fix' any of your issues... but I don't see adding to them, simply by choosing to put the wrong foods in your body.

Be prepared... the chemicals in your foods are addictive. I've gone through withdrawls of sorts and everytime I smell that crap I feel like a smoker who hasn't had a cig in a week. That's really been the rudest part of all this. The public is a slave to addictive chemicals that are totally and completely legal.

I am simply amazed at how 'controlling' these foods I don't eat are, just by smelling them.

Case in point... I LOVE red meat. Ate meat and potatoes all my life and drank dairy like a champ. My blood type is "A" though and I'm not supposed to have red meat, potatoes or cow milk. Feta and mozzerella are my diary, maybe some goat milk.
I'll cook meat for my family and I LOVE the smell and would LOVE to eat it... but I don't even have the desire to taste it... because I know what it does to me.
Those muffins from the big-box stores make me feen for them in seconds, with just one wiff. Wow

It's definitely been one of the most difficult things I've ever accomplished. My willpower is waaaaaaaay stronger now. :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

Farm Hero

I thought I was the only person that thought the weather messed with my back, glad I'm not alone yet sad to see so many people suffer from the same problem.

Drift13

Getting old is not for the weak of heart........

I have said for too many years....I can tell that the weather's gonna change.
What the change is? I don't know but it's changing.

HH,I'm further south than you(I think) and we just been starting rainy season. That's really late for us.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
S4L this barometric pressure thing is killing me! This summer has been the worst ever for changes, and changes a couple times a day. Too make things worse I have a large BP screen right next to my PC so I can keep track and document my pain vs BP change. But a couple times a day is not normal.

I hear ya DD, up or down on the BP & I'm a twitch, it's only when it levels out in fair weather that I can find some relief.

sorry to hear it gets to the both of ya Hank.......

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
the weather system is a real mess,,

the electromagnetic state of the earth is increasingly unstable so i'd expect it to get worse as well,, field lines are moving, rocks changing polarity, more extremes in electrostatic conditions in the weather cells,, air streams moving and ocean currents shifting..

junior_grower

well brace is off the knee and I began rehab therapy today. Girl said I was one of the toughest fellows shes met. Truth is I smoked a huge bow beforehand. Its worn off now and my god the pain is unreal. My knee feels like there are a half dozen nails all through it. Therapist wants me stretching it 2 times a day plus the once a day she beats on it. I HATE SURGERY.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey S4L, I was wondering if you ever tried out the topical oil recipe that I sent you , and it's results if you had. I've found a much quicker way of making it if it would be of any help.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

haven't tried it rives, up here in northern mn I don't have access to many of the ingredients or the quantities required. my best meds are smoked.......

This post hits home. My life partner / better half sufers 24/7 from extreme neuro pain and shocks and other neuro damage from a severe back injury. I would cut off my right arm if that would stop his pain. Has anyone looked into stem cells yet? They have had good luck with them in this area.

How did you deal with having to slow down and not do as you used to. Was that difficult for any of you. Chronic pain controls ones entire life so how have you guys adjusted to this and try to have some normal life of sort

BTW has this concept been thought of yet?
Big Pharma is just a legal drug dealer

its all about money people

they rather give scripts that make you sicker and need more meds
than to use a natural plant that actually works

the more pills you take the richer they get

Drift13

This post hits home. My life partner / better half sufers 24/7 from extreme neuro pain and shocks and other neuro damage from a severe back injury. I would cut off my right arm if that would stop his pain. Has anyone looked into stem cells yet? They have had good luck with them in this area.

How did you deal with having to slow down and not do as you used to. Was that difficult for any of you. Chronic pain controls ones entire life so how have you guys adjusted to this and try to have some normal life of sort
My pain mangt. is done thru the VA. Getting anything cutting edge ain't gonna happen. Unless you have all kinds of $$$, which I don't hence VA.
How do you deal with loss doing what you love to do....it isn't easy and it's a day by day thing.
One of the few things that helps me manage both chronic pain and my head is my smoke. The really hard times for me is when I have to do without (like right now) because the VA might Whiz Quiz me @ next Dr.'s appt/bloodwork. And using other methods of passing a W/Q don't work for me because of diabetes,high blood prs.....Some times all you can do is just hold on tight to the one you love and wait for it all to pass.

Latest posts

Latest posts