What's new

bad backs and the weather.......

Hank Hemp

Veteran
Darn it stoner you got a bad back too? I knew there was something I didn't like about you, our bad backs. I'll do some reading here when I get the time, which I've got a lot of. subscribing.

Last edited:

Drift13

Weathers been changing by me. Hip & knees are giving me how to & what for. Time to go hit my bottle from the VA and wash that back with a groove.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Long Story Short... I raced motorcycles for for 18 years and have broken everything but my neck back twice so yes I feel you pain. You will forever know the rain is coming a few days b4 anyone else and might suggest a hot tub and some Horse Liniment from the Farmers Supply Store.

This liniment is made for people as well but to get it requires a prescription but to get the same stuff for your horse you can buy so go figure.

On really bad days have some Epsom Salt laying around and run a bath as hot as you can stand it and pour in a half quart of the Epsom salt in your bath. The heat on the water open your pours and then the salt can get into your flesh and tenderize it like a steak. Once you relieve the pressure the pain goes away well for a little bit anyway.

Those Inversion tables help as well. The idea of stretching you back joints so that the oxygen infused blood can get between them and help the healing.

I could have ever damn pill they make but I choose to take NONE of them for pills are evil and imho are the worst dealers in the world.

I will get a name for the Liniment and pm it to ya and post hear so all of you can try it instead of the nasty ass pain pills.

Be Well
Wags

thnx bro, I see we graduated from the same school.......

It All hurts. Too many years workin hard and playin harder. We All done it. Thats what Mary's best at! -in a bed, in a bed. by the waterside I will lay my head. listen to the river sing sweet songs.....and rock my soul-

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

no major 'pops' out of my lower spine yet but a couple of small ones has allowed me some comfort, just got some really good meds which helps a lot.......

EDIT:
and damn, I'm so close to getting that pop.

Last edited:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

took a long nap but medicated myself hard before floppin' down. 2 Gabapentin, 2 aspirin & 2 Aleve, I woke up to a raging thunderstorm. I've never heard anything like it, whereas I've heard 'rolling thunder' in the distance many times but it sounded like the source was my backyard this time.

I lost 6-8 jack pines with two of them blocking the state highway before anyone could brave the weather to cut them, power went out for about 1.5 minutes and came back as soon as I'd gotten to my generator, my 5500 watt genset will even handle the a/c for me along with fridge, big screen, computer and electrical consoles. I just don't tap into my home power supply so I'm missing general illumination when I'm on genset power, no big deal.

amazingly enough throughout all of this I found my back to be pain-free, now that the storm has passed I feel me tightening up again, I do the tighten up.......

[YOUTUBEIF]_8hC6YnBiFo[/YOUTUBEIF]

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hope the crispy treats helped ya Hank.......

I used to butter (dairy) warm toast and butter (dairy again) it on the other side then smear a bunch of canna-butter on one side & fold it in half, I could eat/swallow that in 2 bites and almost never taste that overpowering green butter flavor. I was a firm believer in "I ain't gotta chew or taste the stuff, just get it in my belly," I recall usually having a milk w/that as well.

Piel

Veteran
I recommend powerlifting to all that want to suffer joint pain in their "golden years",

I recommend powerlifting to all that want to suffer joint pain in their "golden years",
yea, Piel, I wrasseled bar-stock iron and oxygen cylinders around for a decade or two, my brother-- cases of refreshments. We both enjoy wondering what it would feel like to REALLY relax. Mary is a blessing! -come on along,or go alone. He's come to take His children home- - gonna leave this broke-down palace-

junior_grower

well thanks you old crusty bastards. I'm 29 and hurt some-days but you all make me realize that 10 more years of snow boarding and wake boarding are gonna mean nothing but pain.

But hey its fun and i love it so i guess ill keep going plus in 10 years they can just replace any part that hurts Right?

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well thanks you old crusty bastards. I'm 29 and hurt some-days but you all make me realize that 10 more years of snow boarding and wake boarding are gonna mean nothing but pain.

But hey its fun and i love it so i guess ill keep going plus in 10 years they can just replace any part that hurts Right?

gotta have your fun son.......

yeah your back's gonna hurt later but not half as much as a heart full of unfulfilled ambitions.

junior_grower

I hear that. I have 3 long journeys planned, each will take a huge toll but in the end I will have done something very few have ever done. Only time will tell if I make it through. I have knee surgery tomorrow, so the next 6 weeks will be interesting

yeah your back's gonna hurt later but not half as much as a heart full of unfulfilled ambitions.

AMEN, Brother! No one coulda said it better than that! At my age I have both, but I can live with the back....the ambitions are water under the bridge, but never out of range of your memories. -g'mornin Mr. Benson, I hope you're doin' well. 'Cause if I had me my shotgun...-

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

never mind swimmin' I'm awash in pain, friggin weather's been changing w/frequency here, just wreaks havoc on my spine.......