What's new

~backyard patio grow(ing)~

~backyard patio grow(ing)~

• Total voters
B

bonecarver_OG

the casey jones x DC might give some nice phenos indeed :D that thai bit in her :D

good luck bro :D

chemsteady

thanks yall...

thanks yall...

thanks for the encouragement guys, cant believe the seasons almost upon us! pretty excited over here :D

el rubio my man, these plants are just vegging along for the outdoor season. some will become moms, the chem, bubba, and headband probably, but the casey, ak47, trainwreck, are gonna get big outside!

this season, im going out earlier, using bigger pots, and probably going to go with an organic soil recipe, most likely tom hills.

these are the plants that are definitely going to be out in the sun, but the rest are still undecided. heres what i have thus far...

-at least three of my deep chunk girls will go out, 3, 4, and 8. they are the pick of my original 10 seeds, and later in the season, i will sprout a pack of deep chunk to search for males (and nice females!) to pollinate my dc girls and some of the other plants that will be out.

-i sprouted and am currently vegging 10 wonder haze from rez, actually 9, one never made it up. the girls will all go out, the boys will stay in, flowered indoors, and the pollen will be saved for a later time...or i might use it on a branch or two of a really nice wh female or two for some f2s :D

-each of my scbb girls will get a chance in the sun, # 1 and 6.

after that, well im not sure. this is one of those times when a multitude of options is kinda hard. let me see what i have, and maybe you guys can chime in with your opinions...
~c

chemsteady

ok, i made a poll...

ok, i made a poll...

so, as you can see, i have some deciding to do. i wanna keep my numbers at the ca state legal limit, which is around 20 plants outdoors. i figure i can run (along with what i mentioned) at least two of those strains, or a mixture of each. this is my rationale for each, pro and con.

-x-18- you can trust tom hill is going to deliver some badass genetics, but i also have a good number of indicas going out, (this is an "old world" paki) and i already have a good representation of toms work with his deep chunk.

-mental floss- never tried chimera, but from what ive researched, seen and heard, his gear is top notch. im kinda leaning towards these guys...(and girls)

-spice- see above. i really went more with breeder reputation than anything else, as you can see, and after seeing several grows with spice, man, that bud looks good! has the hawaiian factor also, as ive not had a good hawaiian bud since i was in high school.

-blueberry- thinking these might be tough outside, ive not really seen anybody (although i havent looked enough, im sure) run these outside. plus, i feel like i would need to really focus on this plant to get the best out of it. iffy...

-oriental express- this is basically casey jones baby momma. this is the line h3ad used as the mother to casey, e32 arcata trainwreck x thai. it sounds soooo nice, and i loooooove casey. hmmm

-the mix packs! from spice of life, legends, and canna biogen. another interesting option.

keep in mind, whatever i choose i will probably be pollenating with my deep chunk males--this is why i went with some racier sativa leaning plants like the wonder haze and the oriental express. tom hills deep chunk is supposed to combine well with those polar opposites, so im hoping to find some nice combinations.

ok, let me know what you guys and girls think.

later on
~c

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
BG's a good dude and OE is supposed to be the BOMB! I voted for OE just because I've heard so many good things about it. Outdoors, the OE would probably be monstrous!!!! Not to mention, I want to run it myself later this year.

Hemphrey

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
nice strains , i say oe and spice, then cross thoss, oriental spice sounds nice, i have some hawian genes and they rock, , nice thread, iread it last year

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i voted djs blueberry, shit looks bomb. i have been thinking of mental floss myself. so that was a close second.

now reading alittle more, maybe mental floss would be an easier grow outside.

chemsteady

thanks yall...

thanks yall...

damn, not what i expected so far, but then again, maybe people taking the poll are just going by name recognition...

feel free to post a reply supporting the line you choose, im giving rep to convincing arguments! (whoa, rep.) :D

keep the votes coming, whatever two (or three :D) lines are ahead come mid feb/ beg of march, will go out. icmag decides!

now, go take a bowl break!

~c

I voted Mental Floss, but the Spice is a strain i've always wanted to try and i've heard good things about it. Honestly, i don't think you could go wrong with ANY of those genetics.

I have only smoked the DJ Shorts Blueberry, not grown it but i did get a Blueberry pheno from the Blockhead i grew that was amazing. Pure purple and frosty as can be. Great smoke.

chemsteady

thank all!

thank all!

poll seems to be coming along, and it looks like a lot of people want to see the blueberry go out. thats kinda tough, it supposed to be an indoor strain, but i know that doesnt mean much.

im wondering if people are taking as close a look at the lines available, and not just choosing the one they recognize :D

mean mr m, its funny you mentioned that. i put the poll up and i was thinking, you know, i could just do like four of each strain, and not have to decide...but the poll went up and...

that still may be a possibility.

nobodys feeeling the mix packs, so maybe ill remove that option and put up a collective mix of all strains im using...

why not, its my thread, right? :D

~c

chemsteady

update.

update.

ok, looks like mr jjscorpio, supermod hooked me up with the changes! thank you sir.

so, the new option for the poll is a mixture of the above strains. vote away!
~c

rdy

I want to say first that you're a bastard for having a dope patio to grow out girls :biggrin:

2nd, you should do a mixture of the strains you have listed, but do what sounds good to you man, not what everyone's telling you. What do you value in good smoke? Taste, potency, soccer skills? Narcotic potency, enlightening of the mind? Do you have a place inside to grow? If so, maybe consider doing a strain that's more convenient outside? List goes on.

3rd, around what date are you putting them outside? I'm gonna try my hand out outdoor and am not too far from you.

Keep up the great thread, I'll be watching.

chemsteady

whaddup rdy!

whaddup rdy!

hey, i totally follow what youre saying, but i was doing the poll more for icmagers to get a chance to see something they wanted to see outside. i already have all these seeds, i just thought it would be cool to see what you guys thought, ya kno?

all the strains, with the exception of toms x-18 (i try and buy everything tom hill is willing to part with:D) were bought with the intention of eventually crossing with my deep chunk males.

actually, i got the blueberry all on its own too. i thought it might be nice to really spend some time going through those seeds...

i do a lot of research before i drop down some coin for beans...well except when i bought rezs wonder haze...and all the lines i have available are for very specific reasons.

did you vote btw?
~c

rdy

There, just voted. Voted for a mix of the above strains because I don't know the genetic makeup of all of them. I'm pretty sure x-18 has some Original haze in it, which is supposed to be killer. And the billygoat sounds like it has some Thai sativa in it, which I haven't had the pleasure of yet. If you can edit the poll, maybe put in parentheses the lineage of each strain?

At any rate it looks like blueberry's the clear winner, maybe cause it hasn't been done outdoors much? Personally I didn't consider voting for it but I have no doubt the flavor is amazing, might even taste more savory done outside.

Sounds like you haven't popped the beans yet so you won't be putting them outside for at least a month or so. I mention this cause I'm trying to figure out the best time to plant some fritillary seed ssh f2 freebies outside, I'm guessing around march/april?

Keep us posted, can't wait to see what you do this season.