What's new

back from the cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
All this talk of growing in co-co-coir....

I actually grow coconuts.....and harvest around 2tons of copra (the dried white meat of the coconut) every 3 months from around 600 trees (I cut a few down to build a house 2 years ago or there would have been more lol).....I reckon that I will do a thread on the coco harvest to let ya'll know about how we do it e.t.c.....and how the coir is produced....usually they just use the coco-coir (what many of us canna growers use to grow in) to dry the coconut meat out by burning it.....and then they use the shells to make charcoal to cook with....

H

Hazeseeker

Sorry getting off topic here.

Yes Jamaican 1-10-0 Indonesian 0-13-0 Mexican is no good 10-2-0. Im going to try the Indonesian and use as top dress.

just checked the NPK of the Vintage Bat Guano i'm picking up later today,
NPK is: 3:10:2,
it seems to have ample N in this 1 as well?:chin:, when you used the guano ojd did you have to reduce
your other ferts dosages quite dramatically?, i'm using Bio Bizz Grow + Bloom,
usually the highest i'd go with the Bloom at the peak of flower production would be 2ml/l,
i'm guessing i shouldn't go any higher than 1ml/l when using the Bat Guano?

peace

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi hazeseeker
when mixing it in soil i didnt have to lower the nutes,but i akways used haf nute strength
but with a tea or top dressing maybe for first few feeds i would lower the feed

soma knows alot about bat guano
maybe shoot him a pm
peace

M

mosca negra

I have begun testing some Cambodian Guano for Ed from Delta-9. His recommendation is 1 tsp per gallon of H2O. My testing is being conducted on flowering plants and is being compared to Canna Coco nutes. Will keep everyone posted on the progress.

Mosca

Ickis

Veteran
All this talk of growing in co-co-coir....

I actually grow coconuts.....and harvest around 2tons of copra (the dried white meat of the coconut) every 3 months from around 600 trees (I cut a few down to build a house 2 years ago or there would have been more lol).....I reckon that I will do a thread on the coco harvest to let ya'll know about how we do it e.t.c.....and how the coir is produced....usually they just use the coco-coir (what many of us canna growers use to grow in) to dry the coconut meat out by burning it.....and then they use the shells to make charcoal to cook with....

Hot coco tip of the week....

Take some of your coconut and lightly toast it under the broiler until light golden brown. While still warm sprinkle it over some coffee ice-cream and cover with chocolate syrup.

Oh and be stoned with the munchies before eating.

Enjoy!

Burt

Veteran
have you tried the roots organic HPK?
i can't believe the density of my SAGE nugs-truly rock hard and all i did differently this round was use an endo/ecto blend and lots of HGF

dkmonk

Glad everyone enjoyed the cup (even though some pretend they didnt) One day i will attend, can you still get shrooms there?

Since on the topic of bat guana what is the cost of a bag, and what are some good brands?

THC123

Veteran
shrooms where made illegal cuz a few dumb ass tourists thoguht it would be a good idea to take mushrooms and then jump off a bridge.

Of course this was the fault of the mushrooms and not in the slightest bit the fault of their stupid behaviour , so now they are illegal.

But i am sure if u ask in a smartshop here and there , they will point u in the right direction or sell it under the counter.

Hawaians or mckenna mushrooms are the trippiest , truffles are mellox and the mexican shit is crap

theherbalizor

Veteran
Hey guys,

I use the GuanoKalong Extract at a rate of about 500ml per 10lt of feed, every feed until flush.

This is what cranked my sssdh scrog to the monster she was. The terpine profile was off the hook, best I have tried yet. But do not buy the extract, its a rip off at £40 for 10 lts. Its best to make your own by disolving a kilo of powder into 25lt of water and let steep for a while.

I found it doesnt effect ec and can keep feeding at same rates with your bases.

The the powders and granules, when mixing into soil / coco/ medium its best to let it sit for 30 days or so before planting out to allow the guano to become fully active in the soil.

And I believe there is a brand of Guano called Cavenmans Bat Guano (google) and he does a veg Fresh bat guano with 8%+ N and a flower Rock Guano with less than 1% N.

I am happy to say that SSSDH is now a commercial runner on the south coast. Saw a few klicks knocking about the other day, looks so sexy in a containers. Really 20/10 for bag appeal.

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
Soma uses the Guankalong bat fert as well and most can vouch for his unbelieveable tasting herbs!!Truly some of the most flavorful organic buds I have sampled,,,period!

ojd,you should post a pic of your cup trophies for the thread...So folks can see what you won!The honey oil was over the top!!!

Take care all............................................CC

H

Hazeseeker

Have you ever tried the Vintage Bat Guano before Herb?, picked up a 1kg tub yesterday,
gonna be testing it on the FFA,
i read 2-4 scoops per pot (sprinkled on top, watered through) is supposed to be about right?, but i reckon i'll just give 1 scoop per pot since it's the first time trying out this stuff, i'll be buzzin if it works half as good as it did on that Scrog grow you done:yes:

peace

theherbalizor

Veteran
No I havent tried the vintage as yet. Caveman's is my next stop. I def prefer to use as an extract / in liquid form.

The dif on my last sssdh was massive. It was a different smoke all together. No where near as lemony and zesty with out the Guano. I will always be using from now on.

I can see a guano comparison thread coming on. Pellets vs powders vs extracts. And brand comparisons. Argh.

H

Hazeseeker

I can see a guano comparison thread coming on. Pellets vs powders vs extracts. And brand comparisons. Argh.

that's a good idea:yes:, i remember someone done the same thing with Bio Bizz - different combinations on the same clone:

Grow + Bloom
Grow, Bloom + TopMax
Grow, Bloom, TopMax + Heaven (this combo came out top - taste, yeild etc)

never seen anyone do a guano comparison tho, should be interesting

peace

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Cheers for the guano info guys, rah too many new products to buy.

the mexican shit is crap

I grew Psilocybe Cubensis (Mexican) when I was at Uni. They were most certainly not crap.. well, depends on your definitions I guess.. but as Psilocybin-containing mushrooms, they definately weren't crap - pretty potent!

THC123

Veteran
sorry if i have offended you , what i meant was that i like the effect of the hawaians better as they are more psychedelic/trippy/visual ;)

Mr.Dissent

For flowering make sure you get the guano high in P. Depending the part of the world the guano is gotten determines if it is higher in N or P. I'm not an expert but I believe bats that feed on fruits are higher in P.....

I understand that sources will differ but,

Bat guano that is high P is fosilized and therefore is a very very limmited commodity. The quality of this has been going downhill for decades. It seems high P bat guano today is mostly cave dust and of poor quality compared to what was available decades ago. Most old-timers I know who are in the know stopped using high P bat shit long ago, it's generally thought of as a rip-off. However the high N (fresh) or the more balance ("mocha", aged) bat guano is still very high in quality.

High P sea bird guano is of higher quality. Supplies have not yet been totally raped as is the case of high P bat shit as it is exposed to weather thus going through the transformation from high N to high P much more rapidly than Bat shit - thus creating a more sustainable supply. :2cents:

G

guest123

Quality will vary with the source (where it was mined etc) but,

Guano that is high P is generally fossilized and therefore is a very very limited commodity, the quality of which seems to have been going downhill for decades. Most old-timers I know stopped using high P bat guano long ago. It's generally thought of as a rip-off and mostly cave dust composed of high P rock. However the high N (fresher) or the more balance bat guano seems to be still very high in quality.

High P seabird guano seems to be of higher quality generally. These mines are exposed to weather and go through the transformation from high N to high P much more rapidly than bat guano (N&K are mobile/leached), creating a more sustainable supply.

This is not to say that high quality high P bat guano does not exist, I'm sure it does. The thought though is that there is likely more high quality high P seabird guano on the market than high quality high P bat guano and therefore the seabird may be the wiser choice for most farmers.

In my opinion, some of the various high P organic liquid formulations may be the best choice of all. They are immediately measurable and available nutrients that linger less, giving the grower maximum control over what's happening.

theherbalizor

Veteran
Thanks for that CF.

I think I remember BH saying that he got better results using sea bird guano than with the bat. Better tastes etc. Yet another test that needs to be done.

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
sorry if i have offended you , what i meant was that i like the effect of the hawaians better as they are more psychedelic/trippy/visual ;)

LOL nah, no offence caused whatsoever! :yeahthats

I do agree with you too, as it happens. Mexi shroom trip is a confusing headfuck! Just didn't want people running round munching them like smarties, thinking they aren't potent.. :abduct:

Status
Not open for further replies.