What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

B10naryBuds Stealth Computer Grow - 2nd Attempt **PIC INTENSIVE**

b10narybud

i bougth a adjustable power supply dc inverter for like 10 bucks at walmart used to charge multible dc appliaces....3-12v..variable

b10narybud

LIGHTING QUESTION

LIGHTING QUESTION

Hey guys..they are growing great. some are getting alot of white dots on em allready..

Question I have for you is this...

SInce lowryder is a autoflower...

Should I be running 2700K or 6500K lights right now? I'm mainly running the cool whites.....4 cool whites..(veg)..and 1 other.(flower)...

should I swap them out into more flowering friendly bulbs?

b10narybud

Well guys, its time for a update again as promised....especially after my cruel April Fools Joke I got alot of you on.

Needless to say, the plants are fine and most are actually doing quite well.

The new ones have taken off and the old ones are starting to bush up and one I think is starting to flower. Some are really glistening in the light from some of the emerging trichromes. Still really small, but enough to make it glisten.

I've started the 15/5 light cycle and will be experimenting with this throughout the grow. I'm really liking the dark cycles....The plants come out of it just sceaming for light and reaching for the sky...absolutely beautiful.

Should I be running more 6500K light...or 2700K light now?

Roots are taking off quite well and filling the pots.

One thing I might want to address with the community:
One problem I dont have is stretch. If anything....I dont have enough. WHen my plants are growing..they seem to bush and go out...but get little if anything grown in height. Is this something I should keep as is...or try to get some more stretch from these babies? Stretch is just non-existant....so, I think they are really just LOVING the light they are getting. I think i've got it dialed in great honestly. But, like I said..I wouldn't mind higher plants...any opinions or suggestions?

Heres some picture updates....

G

small and compact might be better for when you switch to flower so you still have a bit of space just in case...:joint:

b10narybud

what would be best to use right now guys? 6700K or 2500K (i might have transposed some numbers cause i'm krispy high...so forgive me if i did...i cant tell if its right or not)

G

are you still vegging or wanting to start flower?

6500k = veg

2700k = flower

:wave:

b10narybud

they are autoflower..so as far as they say....it dont matter....just wondering whats best to use on a autoflower..they are still young though

b10narybud

Hey guys, just checked on the plants.... The biggest of the 2 really old runts has showed PISTILS today.....i was so happy to see the white pistily goodness popping out of the stem buds, and the main colas. Looks like i'll have a nice little nug...lol...

G

i would suggest a mixed spectrum with more 2700k so when they decide to flower the light is already tailored to their stage of growth

Teh_Baker

Hey B10, I think if you use the 2700K you might be able to get your babies to stretch more while they are still veg stage(I know they are autoflowering) The 6700K just gives them too much light and they have no need to stretch. I think your plants love the hell out of you. BTW have you ever tried growing Mummia?

Teh_Baker

b10narybud

actually, just yesterday i switched to soft white (i think 2700k) cfl's...just got enough money to buy them from wally world.

your talking abut switching to the more red light..flowering spectrum right?

b10narybud

oh, also, about roots.... I'm thinking of not replanting...but pulling the bottom out of my planter, adding a new layer of dirt, and sealing it back up again..it'll give them more fresh dirt at the bottom and wont actually be a transplant..just adding new soil to the bottom where the majority of the roots are.

What are your guy's opinions on this?

The roots arent COVERING the bottom, but theres alot of visible roots however and i'm thinking it might help them grow some more.

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Slick job with your new cooling design bro.

Tagged. for sure. so are you doing the shot glass in a computer case?...ha..didn't clue in to that earlier.

Peace Man...lookin good in here.
BG

b10narybud

Yes. i'm doing the shot glass thing in their too.

Idk...they arent moving at all though for me. Just wont grow in the shot glasses....and one of them is budding...(the one that grew from seed)..its funny as fuck, but really pathetic looking. I did a root wash and repotted in new soil last night on the shotlgasses and ice cube tray seedlings....see if it helps..idk. If i dont see much noticable growth..i may just chuck them as room is becoming a problem. LOL

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
lol...you make a good point....mine are at a plateau as well. that's why I haven't updated.....DOH!!!!!! I forgot to water them this morning....DOH!!

thanks for the reminder...ha ...maybe I'll do the same in the morning. I still see lots of dirt though. shouldn't be bound... :chin:

b10narybud

i also just started implementing MOLASSES in my water. Gonna hope it helps.

Any ($) cheap nutrients that would be suggested right now? I'd like to give em some nutes now especially since they are such small pots. I think it'd help them DRAMATICALLY.

Can you get nutes at walmart that would work good?

Or, any cheaper small portions of good nutes I can get online that anybody would advise?

dont have much money though..just found out i overdrew my checking account..so..i'm...BROKE....have just a little bit in cash and what not...and a bit in the account again..but definaltly not much

Latest posts

Latest posts