What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

av8or's PPK - First Grow

av8or

I'm wondering when I should be bumping the feed to 600 ppm. This is what one of the Dr. Funkenstien's top looks like.

Attachments

• IMAG1729.jpg
    IMAG1729.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 9

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
500 to 600ppm is pretty safe for the entire plant life.

mm I have grown in several of heaths designs and theres still a flooded tube set up in one of my old residences that the newer tenants are running.
Its all depending on your environment. In my rooms theres no way that 600ppm can keep up with the plants demands because of light intensity. Check snypes thread post #300.

I would not be afraid to bump up the feed, if they start showing signs of too much food you can take a couple gallons of solution out and replace with plain water or weaker solution. Look for the claw on newer growth that usually means you've got to much food.

av8or

Thanks MM. I figured they were ready and upped their feed.

I'm working on building the cloning system like D9 showed on his thread the other day. Waiting on a few parts to come in the mail, then it's full speed ahead.

Also, I tracked down some Jillybean, 9 Pound Hammer and The Flav seeds from TGA. Jillybean is up first. I've never grown anything from seed before...here's to hoping research pays off!

Miraculous Meds

Cool, the guy I was talking with at the cup was really talking up the 9lb hammer. But I already had my heart set on the agent orange and marionberry. We traded a couple nugs, he had the marionberry and it was delicious. If ur a flavor guy ur gonna be happy. Plus the hammer comes with some high thc!

Miraculous Meds

mm I have grown in several of heaths designs and theres still a flooded tube set up in one of my old residences that the newer tenants are running.
Its all depending on your environment. In my rooms theres no way that 600ppm can keep up with the plants demands because of light intensity. Check snypes thread post #300.

I would not be afraid to bump up the feed, if they start showing signs of too much food you can take a couple gallons of solution out and replace with plain water or weaker solution. Look for the claw on newer growth that usually means you've got to much food.

Nice plants there hl45. Ive ran the flooded tubes as well. Love it, just not into clone factories anymore. Especially since I learned u can get massive gpw with large plants, like u have shown. I do follow a lot of heaths advice, and in his tree thread he grew those massive plants with 1.2ec. I do 1200w in 2.5' squares. I don't know how u calculate watts per sq ft in vert, but I think that's a large amount of light per area. 1.2 ec is all that is needed for me. I know u can have success with a higher ec, just I don't think its needed is my opinion, and I do know for sure that overfeeding will cause a lot worse problems than slightly underfeeding. And u hardly have to flush a plant that has only been fed 1.2ec, unless its in a medium that can build up salt. At any rate u have proven that u had success with the higher feeds. I love the x grows but I haven't tried one yet cause my backs not the best and im afraid of having to crawl and get between the plants to tie up branches.

av8tor, u want some inspiration bro, look at hl45's pics over in snypes thread. Redonkulous!!! Anyway brother, u got a lot of good, knowledgeable people here chiming in and offering help. Ur in good hands.

av8or

one of these things is not like the other

one of these things is not like the other

I have three Dr. Funkensteins in 5.5" pots getting 600 ppm every four hours. Right next to those are three Sour Urkels. Pictured are the Dr. Funks. They have some sort of issue going on and I have no idea what it is. Only the Dr. Funks are showing this. All other plants are absolutely fine. Any help? What is this, why is it happening and how do I correct it? Thanks, all!

Attachments

• IMAG1832.jpg
    IMAG1832.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMAG1833.jpg
    IMAG1833.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMAG1835.jpg
    IMAG1835.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMAG1839.jpg
    IMAG1839.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 12

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
I have three Dr. Funkensteins in 5.5" pots getting 600 ppm every four hours. Right next to those are three Sour Urkels. Pictured are the Dr. Funks. They have some sort of issue going on and I have no idea what it is. Only the Dr. Funks are showing this. All other plants are absolutely fine. Any help? What is this, why is it happening and how do I correct it? Thanks, all!

that looks like early broad mite damage. i hope not!

Mister_D

Veteran
Looks like one of three things to me.

1. You sprayed the plants with something that burned them
2. There's some blueberry in those genetics
3. You have bugs

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
Do a heat treatment by getting your room up to 120* f. You'll need a laser thermometer to verify your temps. Bring your bulbs down low towards the ground and shut off your ac and ventilation. You may need an electric space heater also.

MM have you had broad mites before?

Miraculous Meds

Do a heat treatment by getting your room up to 120* f. You'll need a laser thermometer to verify your temps. Bring your bulbs down low towards the ground and shut off your ac and ventilation. You may need an electric space heater also.

MM have you had broad mites before?

Yes I have unfortunately.

Sounds like ur confident he has them, since ur telling him to use a heat treatment?

the leaf edges folding up is an indicator of bm, and the damage in the new shoots, cause that's where broads like to hang out. Better safe that sorry, get a 60 to 100x scope and check out the leaves for bm's. Look toward the new shoots for the live ones, but they are hard to find. Its easier to spot the eggs on undersides of leaves. Look in the bm thread for pics to identify with.

But I think ph, or low/high rh, can cause that stipling. I hope its that vs bm's though.

av8or

I'll take a closer look tomorrow after I buy a microscope. Shouldn't mites be causing trouble for the other plants? It's only the Dr. Funk plants that are effected so far. Ugh. This better not be broad mites.

av8or

All of my clones have come from the same source and it (the source) has never been an issue. Again, the only plants seemingly affected are the Dr. Funks. There are three Sour Urkels juxtaposed with these three Dr. Funks and the SUs don't seem to be having any issues whatsoever. I'm confused...shouldn't the mites be attacking all my plants? The two vegging Strawberry Caughs are strong and bushy as ever. I'll buy some glass in the morning and see what I can see. Hopefully there are no creepy crawlies to report. Mum's the word, right?

Mister_D

Veteran
...shouldn't the mites be attacking all my plants?

Not necessarily. Mites, hell all pests, tend to attack the weakest plant/s in the room. Also certain strains tend to be more attractive to certain pests than others. Similar to how some strains are more susceptible to mold than others :moon:.

Miraculous Meds

All of my clones have come from the same source and it (the source) has never been an issue. Again, the only plants seemingly affected are the Dr. Funks. There are three Sour Urkels juxtaposed with these three Dr. Funks and the SUs don't seem to be having any issues whatsoever. I'm confused...shouldn't the mites be attacking all my plants? The two vegging Strawberry Caughs are strong and bushy as ever. I'll buy some glass in the morning and see what I can see. Hopefully there are no creepy crawlies to report. Mum's the word, right?

Yes u r correct that the mites will eventually effect all the plants, but they could start on that strain because its weaker or maybe ur source, got that plant from someone else that had them infected already. U cant replace scoping urself to make sure, but if u know ur clone provider well and trust their word, then u could ask if they are experiencing mite problems, or even the same symptoms u have with those clones. If their same genetics aren't showing this damage, then it must have come from ur environment.

Are those plants that are damaged in the same medium as ur healthy plants? Are u feeding them at the same time with the same strength of nutrients? If all is the same, it seems that bugs might be the likely culprit.