What's new

Automatic Hindu Kush

Bighill

crossed. I'm kind of dreaming about an Automatic Purple Kush. It sure would be an easy thing to do.

There are some nice PK cuttings you could use to start with. Dunno if it'd be easy but it's worth a try. Breeding out the slow veg and low yeild would be nice :thank you: I would keep the line pure to the kush if it was me, the mossy jem doesn't taste like purple kush i've smoked, so you might have trouble getting that to come through. I feel you'd get enough purple (PK x AHK) in the resulting "F's" that you'd be able to select color from only kush progeny.

A kush line is useless to me if it doesn't have that creamy skunky roadkill stench. If i tell some one it's kush and it taste like fruit/floral, that'll be a hard sell. If you got that coffe/skunk smell in the dried nugs you might be ok.

Your little ones are lookin good mate, can't wait for the bud shots.:)
Bh

Here's the whole bunch of Automatic Hindu Kush now. Considering that the seeds didn't look good to me at all, I'm pretty happy with the results.

Notice the thermometer right on at 80f degrees.

I'm a bit disappointed that the Purple Jems didn't get here this week. They're in the country now but it was a holiday Monday so there's a bit of a backlog in the mail I guess. Keeping my fingers crossed. I'm kind of dreaming about an Automatic Purple Kush. It sure would be an easy thing to do.

When did you order them?

When did you order them?

Well I'm not worried yet I ordered them a week ago on Wednesday but my last order I placed with this company was ordered on a Sunday, shipped Monday and received Thursday. So I'm expecting them any day.

Hopefully since I am near the beginning of a new release I will get some nice dark seeds.

I would keep the Kush seperate from the Jems but every once in a while cross the two. The result would probably bump up the volume and hopefully the vigour. I wouldn't mind getting a few different autoflowering phenos. Maybe a nice sativa popping up here and there.

First of all I need to make a stock of seeds, then worry about what to make.

Well I'm not worried yet I ordered them a week ago on Wednesday but my last order I placed with this company was ordered on a Sunday, shipped Monday and received Thursday. So I'm expecting them any day.

Hopefully since I am near the beginning of a new release I will get some nice dark seeds.

I would keep the Kush seperate from the Jems but every once in a while cross the two. The result would probably bump up the volume and hopefully the vigour. I wouldn't mind getting a few different autoflowering phenos. Maybe a nice sativa popping up here and there.

First of all I need to make a stock of seeds, then worry about what to make.

I would love to get some Purple Jems, I just wish there were Feminized ones, not just regular.

Okay I'd like some feminized ones as well, but I'm going to try to make my own with colloidal silver. Since I have the generator anyway, why not give it a try.

All I know is when I make my own seeds they are far superior to store bought seeds and if I get to make feminized seeds they will be strong healthy large dark seeds and I can try and use my psychic powers to pick out the strongest one to grow from among 100's.

By buying feminized seeds you will never be able to make your own seeds.

An interesting observation about the Automatic Hindu Kush seeds is that the smallest seeds were the fastest to start and the largest seeds seem to be slower to start.

I rearranged the space. I put the smallest plants into the bluest light and put the largest plants into a redder zone. The light still blends back and forth but there are zones. The old middle row is now repotted which went well and the pots moved. I do like these square pots. They're not too heavy for my arthritis and the plants seem to like them. Now that the two oldest ones felt the extra space for their roots they've stretched a tiny bit because they know they'll be able to support more weight above.

Attachments

• 001b.JPG
    001b.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 8
This is the smallest plant and you can see the stalk finally as it's opened up a bit. It looks good and sturdy to me. Lots of little buds are forming down below right down almost to the soil.

Attachments

• 006b.JPG
    006b.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 14
This is the largest plant on day 25.5 and it's starting to really move. Compared to yesterday when there were just a few flowers showing it has a lot more now. Look at those long white pistils. Even the top is now starting to sprout a lot more hairs.

Attachments

• 011a.JPG
    011a.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 013b.jpg
    013b.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 10
  • 012b.JPG
    012b.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 010b.JPG
    010b.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 9
You got what, 37 days left?

Hindu Kush is done at 9 weeks, right?

It's listed at 70 days or 10 weeks from sprout to finish so about six more weeks left and if I get a male to make seeds probably longer as I can't see a variety with DNA as smart as an autoflower dieing before the seeds are ready. I need a male to flower in the next few weeks to get good timing for seeds. If the #2 female flowers for another 6 weeks it could be quite impressive.

It looks like neither of the largest two seeds are viable as they have been soaking for three days and refuse to split properly. I see one other grower of autos threw out his seeds if they didn't sprout in 72 hours. The largest seed has not split at all and the smaller one has split but nothing else is happening. It looks almost black inside so I don't have high hopes. When I first looked at these seeds they didn't look good. I really hope to get some seeds made on this run as my own seeds are so superior to the crappy seeds the breeders send out. One of my Blueberry X Adam Afghani X Burmese Pure seeds is almost 1/4 inch and heavely speckled.

So it looks like seven beautiful plants right now and hopefully some of the younger ones turn male as although I thought the #4 seed was male it has me guessing at this point. Neither the #3 or #4 seed has shown sex yet although tomorrow will be day 21 for them. This kind of points to females a bit.

It's hard to tell the females of this variety at the beginning. The tiny pointy leaf bracts that grow out of the nodes have a thin line along one edge of kind of transparent creamy tissue paper like growth that looks a lot like a pistil. I've been fooled a couple of times.

The bad news is the No.4 seed showed itself female big time with several long thick hairs and I think they were there yesterday although I wasn`t sure. So no male in sight yet. The No.3 seed also showed female. The good news is that`s 4 females and three are strong looking.

So that`s 4 out of 4 for my guess as to which seeds were female as these were the 4 smallest seeds. No. 5 seed was lost and No.6 was a larger seed so that should be a male. This will be the test.

And not only did I get my Purple Jems today but the No.9 seed decided to send out a bit of a root after all.

I really must appologize for the bad rap I gave the Automatic Hindu Kush seeds. Even though I thought they didn't look good, every one has sprouted, even #9 and #10. #9 is planted and waiting to come up and #10 is soaking but it has a nice root just starting to come out. So I got 9 out of 9 if these last two get above the soil which it looks like they will. But the observation still stands that the smaller they are the faster they sprout. #10 is on it's 4th day now. Too bad I lost #5.

Latest posts

Latest posts