What's new

Autoflowers dont get you high?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ChynaRyder

Good lord, here we go again. Yet another that knows not the first thing about plant breeding spouting off again and spreading bad information cause THEY DONT KNOW SHIT! Casltevetro, please dont comment on things that you clearly know nothing about. Just cause you smoked 3 different autos does not give you the knowledge to comment on plant breeding, and its possibilities. Go do some reading on classic plant breeding and the power of the back cross and subsequent selection, and then maybe you will realize what an ass you just made of yourself.

fookstick dont call me names, consciousness is bigger then intellect, its a spiritual fact and very democratic one, exercise your rights, smoke autos like i have and enjoy your first person experience n opinion like me, mine is there a decent smoke n thats it, u dont like it too bad bra-

ruderlalis has been around since the 80's, like doc budd said ''when are u going to get it right''

im not like most of you guys who belive theres 600 varieties of cannabis out there im very sorry, name most certainly is not of what it is in any form of capitialism like the seed industry. a handfull of unique strains grown many differant ways with alot of brand new second hands renamed some fancy thing that people insist is new becasue it has more vowels in it or something.

theres a reason while eugenics isnt practiced, its called law of regression to the mean, u should start with this before u start with me on breeding, theres no seeds out there with uniformity ten for ten, even with repetible seed banks like mr nice n serious, why is this? because heriditary instincts or traits are aquired atavisticaly throughout nature, things skip around, sure you can get two things to skip in unison for a little while but not as some say ''locked down'', that dont exist.

but in a nutshell crossed with lowryder i dont care, its a thread about autos and if they get u high, answer is a big YES they do...

G

Greyskull

expect some decent to good smoke in 70 days aint much to complain about, but if your serious about growing theres no reason to run them, out doors yes. inside u have much better options.... commerical erb will get u just as high most of the time

i've not grown any autos.
i've little to zero knowledge of breeding.
but i smoke a lot of pot. a lot of really good pot. at least to me - i know how i like to get high!

i was helping with a friend's outdoor harvest (25'x75') this fall in oregon. while i was there i got to smoke a few different autos (3 or 4... dont remember all the names but one was completely black) that came down a few weeks before i got there.
as it stands based on what i saw/smoked AFs are not something i would choose to grow/smoke regularly. they did provide a head change (yes, they did provide a head change!). Just not really the way i prefer to get high - they were a little lite in the high department. i left oregon with pretty similiar feeling about autos as Castelvetro describes above.

that said, i hope the breeders working with AFs seriously are selecting properly because AFs do have something going for them in being done so quickly. seems they can turn one outdoor season into 'a couple' if you planted right. a stable highly potent fast finishing seed line would be highly desirable i imagine... GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR ENDEAVORS

The main problem you are going to find for a few more years to come is that a lot of people have tried Lowryder once and they base all other Autoflowers on that. Now that we are seeing more and more AF's come out they are going to get better.

^^^^I can totally vibe on that.

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
fookstick dont call me names, consciousness is bigger then intellect, its a spiritual fact and very democratic one, exercise your rights, smoke autos like i have and enjoy your first person experience n opinion like me, mine is there a decent smoke n thats it, u dont like it too bad bra-

ruderlalis has been around since the 80's, like doc budd said ''when are u going to get it right''

im not like most of you guys who belive theres 600 varieties of cannabis out there im very sorry, name most certainly is not of what it is in any form of capitialism like the seed industry. a handfull of unique strains grown many differant ways with alot of brand new second hands renamed some fancy thing that people insist is new becasue it has more vowels in it or something.

theres a reason while eugenics isnt practiced, its called law of regression to the mean, u should start with this before u start with me on breeding, theres no seeds out there with uniformity ten for ten, even with repetible seed banks like mr nice n serious, why is this? because heriditary instincts or traits are aquired atavisticaly throughout nature, things skip around, sure you can get two things to skip in unison for a little while but not as some say ''locked down'', that dont exist.

but in a nutshell crossed with lowryder i dont care, its a thread about autos and if they get u high, answer is a big YES they do...

Cool we have it down that you do not like Autoflowers...great.

Now can you at least either contribute something here or move along ?

S_a_H

masque

my opinion - homegrown autoflowers are really pro and mostly stronger than any regular weed you can find from street dealer!

i'm smoking improved masterlow (grown on Advanced Nutrients) right now and that's one of the most ass kicking weed I've ever smoked! (I smoked Jack harrer, c99 and any other top strains). this masterlow is totally resin coated, looks like 1st class weed, taste the same. so... every person which tells that AF's don't get you high is just a weed noob as Bighill said. when I tell to somebody that's ML is autoflowering they can't believe it!

I have experience yet with Sourbubbleryder, diesel ryder, ak47, great white shark. all were great smoke!

C

cyber echo

like doc budd said

If doc budd understood genetics he wouldn't say that nonsense.
Just because he has showed his growing skills doesn't mean he knows much about breeding.

Read ICC's post about using backcrossing and inbreeding techniques (its stickied in this sub-forum) and all will become clear. You simply CAN produce elite strains that only inherit the AF trait from their AF mother, and all the rest from whatever non-AF strain you were crossing it to. There is NO reason why you can't.

No need for name calling or assumptions, only read his post and see if you can agree with his logic.
We need less negativity around here.
Peace m8

bromhexine

so its not possible that the autoflowering might be locked in with the characteristics that we dont want thus making conventional breeding pointless?

harold

there are some very decent autoflowers today, i probably wouldn't have said that 5 years ago... but the innovation in recent years has been excellent. I wouldn't base your assumptions on 1 or 2 AF's you've tasted, as i wouldnt base my opinion on weed after trying only 1 or 2 strains.

harold

its possible brom but thats the point of breeding to shed off the unwanted traits, its a long and winding road.

Last edited:

Xtensity

1st of all, the world spiritual and fact can never be used in a sentence.... All spiritual is based off believe.....not fact, if it was fact there would really only be 1 religion.

In genetics things don't "Skip" around, there is a science behind it, Dominant and recessive traits. With enough breeding you can rule out certain traits. Things don't just "skip" around.

You said you don't believe there is 600+ different types of cannabis? Why would you not believe it with fact right in front of your face, all the pictures, different traits that show up etc. What?

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You said you don't believe there is 600+ different types of cannabis? Why would you not believe it with fact right in front of your face, all the pictures, different traits that show up etc. What?

How many are still out there unknown or it least haven't made it to the internet ?

S_a_H

*mr.mike*

In genetics things don't "Skip" around, there is a science behind it, Dominant and recessive traits. With enough breeding you can rule out certain traits. Things don't just "skip" around.

Please check out Barbara McClintock's very old (50 years plus) work on "jumping genes" or transposons in maize and bacteria (humans have them too!) which led to her Nobel prize.

Things certainly do "skip around." Dominant and recessive Punnett squares are great for nursery school... just not in the agricultural nursery.

Nicoli

Veteran
Thanks for the opinions, I didnt think this would cause a problem by asking. I wanted to know if what I was being told was true or what the deal is

Bighill

so its not possible that the autoflowering might be locked in with the characteristics that we dont want thus making conventional breeding pointless?

I have asked myself this.. What i ponder is this:

When working on a line, truely wanting to improve it. There is always a need to sample the phenos to determin which are the drug kind and those which are not. With normal flowering plants we can clone the mom and dad. We can then smoke the mom and test the dad.

This can't be done with auto's. The only ace up our sleeve is, we can preserve the male pollen for at LEAST 2 generation's (or more). So we have the ability to use the male for back crossing, if desired.

The females are some thing else, it is almost like you would have to pollenate "some" portion of EVERY female. That way if you have a true keeper you have some sort of preservation of it's genes, how ever un-desirable it may be.

This is what i think about....
BH.

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Please check out Barbara McClintock's very old (50 years plus) work on "jumping genes" or transposons in maize and bacteria (humans have them too!) which led to her Nobel prize.

Things certainly do "skip around." Dominant and recessive Punnett squares are great for nursery school... just not in the agricultural nursery.

Yes MrMike U R correct
and any one who has been breeding Cannabis
for a few years
has been Frustrated more than once
by Ms.Cannabis
(She is NOT a Fruit Fly or a Sweet Pea)
and her Ability to appear
On track" for 2-3 gen's
then "Toss a Monkey wrench in the Mix"
and show ya something U were quite
Certain was gone..:smokeit:

Y a live and Ya learn
Sam says it well
"I Believe what I see....NOT what I want to see"
it can be frustrating to many
but that's why 100 lots
(Growing out 100 seeds of a Strain to select for Breeding stock)
can't be
Called a true representation
of the Strain.....
1,000 lots and 10,000 lots even Better
BTW....this Happy Guy Below
:window:
Maybe he can Help?

mdanzig

ICMag Donor
Veteran
forget the imaginary thc reading seedbanks give out, there way overated n largely myth. autos are part garbage, its just that simple. half ditch half cannabis cup winner quality you do the math.

no matter how u breed garbage with gold u always get part garbage. autos get u baked, much like commercial weed.

expect some decent to good smoke in 70 days aint much to complain about, but if your serious about growing theres no reason to run them, out doors yes. inside u have much better options.

and they wont really be getting much better, its really hard to only get the auto gene and not the low potency , low bud weight gene from the ruderalis.

ive smoked 3 very pop autos, i enjoyed them but commerical erb will get u just as high most of the time.

Totally 100% disagree. Try some of the Sour 60 S_a_H grew out, and it will blow your mind. Id say it was as good as nearly anything that I have ever smoked. I'm not saying that just to try and push my strain. or say they-all-suck-but-mine attitude. That is not it at all, I was actually quite surpriseed at the excellent quality. So my brother, I garauntee you we will find a way to be breeding the highest of quality.

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMO. i love growing auto's. they're fun little projects but regular seeds do have much more potency. some of the auto's such as blue streak are really good. although they're not all up to par with blue streak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts