What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

autoflowering strains

Greens

That male Guerilla Gold looks nice, Mr. Smokes. I can tell by its profile that you have it in a small container, but that is totally fine. It looks like a GG2 or 3, but I can't tell for sure.

How many weeks under 24 hours of light is it? Did you find a nice female?

Well, looks good man. Talk to you later,

Greens

Mr. Smoke

Thanks Greenz! I not sure how old he is, I had it dated on OG butt thats gone now. Your right he's in a small container, half a 2 liter pop bottle. I also got a nice female thats starting to bud, it's already making some seeds on the preflowers. I'll get a picture of the female later today. :D

I was going to also pollinate my MMxAK47/peak19 but I think I'll keep it for clones and make a lot of seeds outdoors instead. :yummy:

Last edited:
G

man i wanted to snag a pack of that guerilla gold. she would be perfect for my back yard

Wrecked

Here are some pics of my Gg#1 i have some pics oin my gallery from a few days back... I didnt get a male gg this time so i am flowering the gg#1 in a room with a burmese x purple pineberry male to make some seeds to play with outdoors next year in my backyard... I didnt get the best of germ with the mix... These are about the only plants in my setup untopped.... They deffinitly started to autoflower on 24 but once they started i just moved them to a different boom room and they are now 2 nights into 12/12... PeAcE

Mr. Smoke

Ok boys! Here's a couple pictures of my GG Female. I think she's doing good, I just transplanted her from a half 2L pop bottle. I can't wait a few more weeks and she should be frosty! :wave: :woohoo:

Wow, looks good Wrecked should be a killer Cross. :woohoo:

Last edited:

Greens

Wrecked, she looks good. (Burmese x P. Pineberry) x Guerilla Gold#1 will be some great outdoor seed to grow out. That sucks you didn't get a good germ rate with the mix because I know most people have got 100% germ rates or very close with all of the GGs including the mix.

Mr. Smoke, wow, that's a nice female as well. She sure looks healthy. I'm guessing she's in a bigger pot than the male? That's what you want to get more seeds of course. You are going to get some very nice early seeds by choosing an early autoflowering male and female.

Greens

sm0kateer4204

Veteran
does any one know where i could get ahold of some of these gorilla gold seeds? sounds like a great strain to attain. reminds me of a strain that african seeds released called tazmanian somthing i cant seem to find it now and the afican seeds site isnt working. but it auto flowered at 4 weeks

Last edited:

Mr. Smoke

Well my Guerrilla Gold Female is doing great, she's all knocked up. :D I counted around 35 good size calyx with seeds, I just rubbed the last bit of pollen from my dying male onto the Female. I should end up with around 70 or more seeds hopefully. If so I can then make a lot more seeds outdoors later. :joint:

I got a question for ya Greenz. I was wondering if the female GG 1,2,3 have different smells in bud? I don't know what mine smells like but I like it. :yummy:

Well Hope everyones stays safe! :woohoo:

Here's the pictures :dueling:

Last edited:

sm0kateer4204

Veteran
how large do they get? i presume quite large considering it has 8 weeks to do its thing but anyone have any photo's of full grown plant's?

goldking

Smoka, i waited 4 months for 3 pks of Tanzanian magic from SD, the males started maturing after 6-8 weeks but the females never did auto flower after 157days in the 24/7 sun. some of the 12 (females)showed a few presex hairs but thats it.

requardless of what Landrace strain is called a Auto flower ,every country they came from has a Photoperiod, maybe not 12/12 but still a photoperiod..so budding under 24/7 light doesn't really happen..in my experiance only :)

i did make a sack of fresh Tanzs beans for further breeding.

when brought indoors under 12/12 the Tanzian magic finished OK. very slender wild looking /tasting buds maybe rated as a 7/10 high.

I also had 2 pks of GG, for me the males matured at 7"-8" seedling stage under Flour. lites, the females did grow out to be very heavy hard budded quality unique plants under 12/12.
But their was no auto flowering under 24/7 light..which surprised me because the males grew /ripen just like lowryder under 24/7 lite??? 'but that was for me only', most of the females presexed.but did,nt bud intill put under 12/12 at 10wks of veg.

never the less, GG is a great strain

i was disapointed with both these strains because i needed a auto-flower that produces at least a oz. outdoors under the 24/7 mid night sun..NO PHOTOPERIOD AT ALL, so i,ll have to keep looking, or maybe cross these 2???

thanks for the great strain Greens,and any stressed rely won't change how things went for me.. stay safe GK

Mr. Smoke

What GG's did you grow out goldking? I'm happy with mine they flowered under 24/7, but I now have them under 12/12 no point wasting power :woohoo: I'm never gonna lose this strain. :dueling:

My female is 2 feet tall exact under a 3yr old 250MH. I think Greenz were about 5 footers outdoors. :chin:

Last edited:

goldking

Mr.Smoke, I can't tell ya which # they were, but they were the first to be offered for sale,and i got 2 pks for $45/50.some went for $200 i think.

how long under 24/7 did you veg them before they started to bud?? i gave up at 10wks in veg...

none the less,its a great strain, but because seeds are living things and there are many different enviroments,things don't allways end up the same..

a pic of a male GG in this thread looks like a normal mature plant, my GG males produced pollen at 7"/8" in veg. 24/7 light..

I had a whole breeding program layed out to produce a heavy Auto(Budding) flower strain to change the whole Outdoor grow scene in the Land of the Midnight Sun
(there is no outdoor grow scene)

I had (still have many f2s of each)
Tanzanian Magic
Lowryder
Ruderalis Indica.
i crossed every thing with everything LOL

Tanzian/lowryder
Ruderalis Indica/lowryder
Tanzian /ruderalis Indica

but none of the cross's will produce Buds under the 24/7 sun.

Lowryder buds under 24/7 but even though i grew them in Soil,and NFT outdoors and soil and flood/drain indoors. i only received 1-4gms per plant??? if i had yields of 7gms per plant average as advertised, i would have taken my extra old pickup to the Soil pit and fill it half full of top soil and planted a 1000 lowryders in it, and could park in the garage on stormy days,etc and no one would see the lil buggers in the back of the truck.. a good plan LMAO

i,m sure with even a 6 hour dark period i would get better results outdoors..but you can,t change the enviroment.

I,m still working on it..do you know of any available auto-Budding under 24/7 lite strains?? let me know.. stay safe GK

Mr. Smoke

My male started budding around 8 weeks flower not to sure exactly. My female was about 3 weeks later say around 11 weeks hard to know exactly when cause I didn't switch to 12/12. My female started showing signs of budding on it's 22nd node. :yummy: :dueling:

Last edited:

goldking

Mr Smoke, i just dug thru my barrel of pks and found the GG, it is GG#2 and i have 4/20 left. guess i,ll do these last 4 and if there are m+fs. i,ll make a new lot of seeds, it is a great strain.

I,ll let these go 12 wks under 24/7 lite and if they start to bud by then,, i,ll just let keep going under 24/7..after all 24/7 is double the growth in 1/2 the days.

Smoke, did you happen to make a batch of GG seeds from your grow???

allways looking for a swap????(can i say that here?)

22nd node, damn..most of my ladies are long dead and burned by their 22nd node LOL

take care GK

Mr. Smoke

My seeds are still growing on the plant. I won't have a lot until after the outdoor season. I'm not sure which of Greenz GG were the earliest,
I know he has GG #1, #2, #3

Greens

Mr. Smoke, the female you have looks good. Hopefully, you end up with a bunch of seeds in the end. Make sure to let the seeds get totally ripe. As for the smell, I find that they usually have a sweet seasoning/spice smell or sweet bread with fruity undertones.

Goldking, ah that sucks you didn't get stuff that autoflowered quickly. I bet they would have autobudded if you let them go a couple more weeks in 24 hrs of light. I find the males almost always start about two weeks earlier than the females (or even earlier in many cases). I've grown out many of those GG#2s and trust me they do eventually autoflower. You are probably right that if there were at least some dark (even just a few hours per night) that they should autobud quicker. I'm quite sure the GG would work for you outdoors better than pretty much anything else. Just start them indoors before May 1st and take them out by June 1st. I'm pretty sure you get some darkness by the end August/early September, so that will quickly finish them up.

As for the question about the size of the plants. Outdoors, I find they are usually about 3.5 feet tall. That pic in my Avatar is of GG#2. The yield outdoors is fairly good for a small autobudding strain and the average is about 2 ounces per plant.

Alright, ask more questions if you have them...

Greens

Greens

Goldking, I wanted to also point out one other thing. If you are trying to get the GG to autoflower indoors, I'm quite sure that the flouro lights are going to REALLY slow things down. See, the GG buds according to age, but also according to size and maturity as well (and probably other factors I'm unaware of). I find the females will not bud until they are two feet tall (and yes that would be around 22 nodes for the GGs).

I mean, you are saying that your plants never even make it to 22 nodes before you already chop them. With my indoor setup (1000 + 400 watt MH in DWC bubblers for veg room), the plants reach 22 nodes after about 6 weeks in veg (so very quickly). Because GGs grown under these conditions would be large and mature, they will begin to autoflower much earlier than if they were grown under flouros. The same goes for outdoors because the plants grow pretty much just as fast under the sun outdoors as they do in my bubblers (very close anyway).

I'm guessing Mr. Smoke used a stronger light than you did, GoldKing.

Later,

Greens

Last edited:

goldking

Greens, howdy bud-dy, it sure is a shame that C-B-a-y is gone isn't it.?.not so much fun breeding now.. Boo Hoo.

I start seeds/cuttings on my seedling shelves under Flous. lights and then tranfer them to the veg table under 400wt MHs and then when their big enough to Bud under (6)600wt/1000wt HPS.

the GGs males never made it to veg table but matured on the shelves.but their not what i was concerned about anyway.

yes after 10wks in veg i transfer the GG#2s to bud room where they finished as some very Heavy Duty rock hard fat colas, is there Mity mite in them.

if they start budding at the 22nd node??i haven't counted any nodes latey but i have 3'/4' plants finishing now(cross,s and landrace) that i doubt if they have that many nodes,and their not stretched or weak either. i,ll count them just for fun..

such is life, not many plants mature with out some darkness, melons don,t even do well here with out a photoperiod..cabbage loves the 24/7 sun and gets to be 70/100lbs during the summer..But i don't smoke cabbage LMAO

stay warm GK

Mr. Smoke

Mine are only under a 250 Metal Halide. You should be reaching 22 nodes pretty quick, especially when the plant matures and the nodes are altered. Id say my GG smells fruity.

Here's a pic. The trichomes are growing. Sorry my Camera is kind of broken got wet and it's stuck on Sun settings, low res. lol

:lurk: :dueling:

Last edited:

goldking

Mr.smoke, she looks very healthy and is budding..how old is the one in the pic??and is it under 24/7 light or 12/12 now..looks good and yes it is a fruity potent strain..stay safe GK

Latest posts

Latest posts