What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

autoflowering strains

searkgrower

what strains are autoflowering? looking for some that will flower on their on for early summer harvests. hopefully i can get some advise on this
thanks

G

Lowryder, master Low and Power Stout are the only "autoflowering" strains i know of that are 100% autoflowering. there are many other crosses to lowryder out ther ethat possess a small % of AF pheno's. Check out the link in my sig for all things autoflowering.

DankBank

Correctamungo... There are those who would say LowRider isn't even weed, though.
I've heard it produces inferior smoke... I'd love to see pics of LowRider buds that look good... so far I've never seen a LowRider bud - period.. so I'm not the expert - just going on heresay.... in my opinion it would be better to run with something "normal" that just finishes quickly. Black Spice does alright (about 49 days).... good Nebula phenos can be taken at 49 days... both produce really nice smoke. BS is the relaxing "can't move" variety and Nebula is the "umm.. what were we talking about?" kinda thing. I'd say get your beans going under floros and once they've hit a foot or 2 take 'em out for mother nature to finish the job. That's the point where you'll be about 44-50 days away. Not bad, really... put 'em out around mid June they'll be done long before the end of August... that would count as a pretty damned early harvest if you ask me!
If you can't start them ahead of time inside, plan on putting the beans/babies outside in mid April... bet you'd end up with MONSTERS if your veg started in April.
take care,
db

Last edited:
G

Sagarmatha must have at least one variety that is auto-flowering, because I got an auto-flowering plant out of the Magical Mystery Mix that Gypsy is giving away as a freebie.

G

DankBank said:
Correctamungo... There are those who would say LowRider isn't even weed, though.
I've heard it produces inferior smoke... I'd love to see pics of LowRider buds that look good... so far I've never seen a LowRider bud - period.. so I'm not the expert - just going on heresay.... in my opinion it would be better to run with something "normal" that just finishes quickly. Black Spice does alright (about 49 days).... good Nebula phenos can be taken at 49 days... both produce really nice smoke. BS is the relaxing "can't move" variety and Nebula is the "umm.. what were we talking about?" kinda thing. I'd say get your beans going under floros and once they've hit a foot or 2 take 'em out for mother nature to finish the job. That's the point where you'll be about 44-50 days away. Not bad, really... put 'em out around mid June they'll be done long before the end of August... that would count as a pretty damned early harvest if you ask me!
If you can't start them ahead of time inside, plan on putting the beans/babies outside in mid April... bet you'd end up with MONSTERS if your veg started in April.
take care,
db

Lowryder produces some pretty decent smoke. Check out the link in my sig. for lot's of great lowryder bud shots. It grows from seed to harvest in 60 days. even the fast 45-50 day strains require a bit of vegging pushing them well past the 60 day mark that Lowryder sets. I've smoked pleanty of lowryder with med users at the co-op I use to volunteer at and they all loved it. It's not going to win any potency awards but it's a far cry better than a lot of stuff out there. I grow lot's of strains and have found this one to be fun and it produces some pretty decent smoke.

I attached a few shot's of some LR I grew a long time ago. i can't find the nice bud shot's I took but here are a few shot's of plants that were about 2 weeks from harvest.

G

DankBank said:
I've heard it produces inferior smoke... I'd love to see pics of LowRider buds that look good... so far I've never seen a LowRider bud - period.. so I'm not the expert - just going on heresay....

If it ain't weed, tell LEO, because I'll grow myself a big field of it! Seriously though, I grew one out this summer (1st 2 pics), and I found the smoke comparable to good mid-range buds. Yeild was about an oz. The last pic is a MasterLow that I have flowering now (about 1 month). Alex.

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Low Ryder isnt bad smoke. Grow it under 24 hours of light and it can get pretty hefty for such a little plant. Considering how quick they grow you cant really beat the quality to time grown ratio of Low Ryder. :joint:

cooked cook

bake at 420 until nicely toasted
CalcioErba2004 said:
Low Ryder isnt bad smoke. Grow it under 24 hours of light and it can get pretty hefty for such a little plant. Considering how quick they grow you cant really beat the quality to time grown ratio of Low Ryder. :joint:
I agree with Cal, here.
In particular if you go with one of the better LR crosses, you'll get a more worthwhile product.
I'd recommend Mdanzig's Masterlow(which I believe Gypsy carries.) I grew quite a few of his early Lowryder/Masterkush x Lowryder/Masterkush

Have fun with these lil plants.
cc

G

i was under the impresstion that lowryder was the fastast from start to finish 50 to 60 days from seed. true?

G

420KushMaster said:
i was under the impresstion that lowryder was the fastast from start to finish 50 to 60 days from seed. true?
I pulled my LR @ 65 days and I think that was too early. Of the 100% crosses, MasterLow is supposed to be 72 days. I'll see here soon. Alex.

G

I dig on Lowryder. It's not the only strain I grow but they do have a place in my operation for certian! The bud even tastes of williams wonder and makes some damn fine butter and QWISO. There are many many grow reports, photo's and conversations about lowryder, master low, power stout and dozens of other lowryder crosses on Highbred, the website devoted to autoflowering genetics. Just hit the link in my sig and you will be magicaly transported there! Lot's of arcade games and general stonerness as well.

I received some Oasis X Lowryder seeds some time ago and had a grea time growing them out and backcrossing them to a Lowryder male to produce Oasis X LR bX LR. It's not 100% AF yet but someday it will be!

omega7

ambre said:
Sagarmatha must have at least one variety that is auto-flowering, because I got an auto-flowering plant out of the Magical Mystery Mix that Gypsy is giving away as a freebie.

Exactly what I was going to say! I thought I was the only one. I seperated the seeds by look and size from 2 freebie packs and germed 7. 5 of the 7 autoflowered, 4 males and 1 female. All began flowering before 3 weeks old. Not complaining, just observing. I mean they were freebies for which I am very greatful, just cant give them away easy without risking security. So I germed some.

G

I experienced about the same thing, ambre. I germed 6 MMM seeds, all of which were the largest in the pack, and all of which were blonde in color. From those...all germed, and 4 were females. 1 of those autoflowered at about 7 weeks/1 ft tall on 18/7.

That particular plant is still going...and was put in a cab with a 2 female DJ Short "Flodica" plants and a female Flodica for f-2's. I'll take it anyday...as it's been flowering for 11 weeks and a few days now. (Hermied slightly at 10 weeks)

I took clones of this plant just as it showed sex....but they wouldn't go back into veg...even under 24/0. After about 3 weeks of trying, I gave up and stuck em in 12/12. Today I chopped 5 "plants"...all about 6-10" tall...@ 7-8 weeks...all of which is solid bud w/little leaf that is somewhat berry smelling...with maybe a hint of bubblegum or cotton candy. Each bud will weigh 7-10 grams or so from my guesstimation.

The larger/seeded MMM is gonna get the chop in the next day or so. I'll give some of these seeds a shot outside this summer (my first outdoor grow). Hopefully between the MMM and the Flodica it'll be a decent cross that will finish in our short season.
A coupla weeks ans we'll know what kinda smoke we got here...taste-wise/high-wise...even if it appears we may never be told what it is strain/lineage-wise.

good luck all

durga

G

Oh....BTW...the other 3 MMM plants are also down/have been sampled after a 14 day cure. Again....not sure what it is, but I can tell you that I could mix it in with the THSEEDS "SAGE" I just chopped and you wouldn't be able to pick the buds out after they were mixed...either visually...or by taste.

durga

G

Durga said one thing that you should know about an auto-flower strain. Is that you only get one, maybe 2, if you take cutting as soon as they are big enought, grows from them, as they will not go back into veg. If you want to get a fast flowering strain from these seeds, I would cross them with something that is higher in potency and then grow themout and select a pheno from these that are fast flowering, high potency and will re-veg. Then you won't have to buy seeds for every crop.

G

I should clarify/clear up my post above. Shoulda said I put 2 MALE Flodicas in the cab with a MMM female and a Flodica female for f-2's.

And thanks for the selection info, soulmate. Should be interesting to see what I end up with out of this cross.

durga

Wrecked

So has anyone heard of Guerilla Gold? Its a super early outdoor flowering strain and it autoflowers at 8 weeks. It is might might x afgahani x kona gold
It autoflowers at 8weeks old no matter what and yeilds better than lowryder and probably has better potency. I wasnt impressed when i smoked lowryder at all. I have some of his GG #1 going know and they do appear to autoflower under 24 hrs of light the cycle may needed to be reduced a little for it to fully finish but greens said they can bud all the way through on 24 hrs light. It could be awsome for outdoor where if you veg the 8 weeks prior indoors and get a super early outdoor harvest if its starts to flower the day you put out but the part that sucks is teh strain must be picked up at cbay which is no longer. Im sure happy i have another pack to crack for this years outdoor. I may snap some pics of teh guerilla gold sometime soon as its quite unique... PeAcE

Mr. Smoke

Do you have any pictures of your GG Wrecked? I'm also growing this strain, I got a nice male and female just starting to flower that I'm breeding for seeds.

Latest posts

Latest posts