What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Autoflower Strains - Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
Autoflowers are for noobs who haven't really discovered or dont have access to true elite genetics. It's pretty obvious isn't it? This topic has been covered dozens of times on endless forums. They have nothing else so that's what they grow.

One day they will grow real plants and learn how much time they wasted, but until them let them fail. Who cares, more good cannabis for the rest of us. Let them grow their shwag.

One day noobs will grow up.

You know what they say about assuming.

Look little boy, with your 2010 signup date and your 75 posts, you know nothing about the people on this site. You appear to know nothing about growing cannabis. You make ludicrous assumptions.

Son, I've grown more weed in my life then you ever will, I promise you that.

I live in the "The bay" so don't talk about elite gentics. I generally get "elite genetics" months if not years before I hear a peep about it on ICMag or in most Dispensaries. I don't care about 'elite' genetics because they're mostly hype. What is your elite genetic? Some pheno of Super Skunk?

The second you grow the fuck up and open your eyes to possibilities is the day you wont be a little boy anymore. I would have written a kinder post that would have attempted to show you the light, but I don't like you, and you aren't worth my intellectual effort.

Sandnut

Look little boy, with your 2010 signup date and your 75 posts, you know nothing about the people on this site. You appear to know nothing about growing cannabis. You make ludicrous assumptions.

I live in the "The bay" so don't talk about elite gentics. I generally get "elite genetics" months if not years before I hear a peep about it on ICMag or in most Dispensaries. I don't care about 'elite' genetics because they're mostly hype. What is your elite genetic? Some pheno of Super Skunk?

The second you grow the fuck up and open your eyes to possibilities is the day you wont be a little boy anymore. I would have written a kinder post that would have attempted to show you the light, but I don't like you, and you aren't worth my intellectual effort.

you just killed it

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think the assumption that AF's are for newbs is stupid, even people new to growing can change a timer. Also if you grow AF's without reading up on the best methods, ie to avoid stunting them in their critical veg period then yes you can get shitty results..but how many noobs growing regular strains make a fuck up somewhere?

If people want to grow AF's for any reason then leave them to it.. why the hate? Everyone has their own personal circumstances/wants/needs etc.. and it's no ones business on here to tell people what to do.

I only have one small indoor space, so the difference between growing AF and regular strains is a 2 month cycle instead of 3 - roughly. So I get 6 harvests a year instead of 4.

Another reason is they are fun.. you can make a new cross, or keep inbreeding your best specimines each time until you have something stable you can call your own. You can keep your work in seed form and not have to keep a mother alive forever.

bromhexine

newbs make the dumbest mistakes. autos make things a bit easier. you take for granted your knowledge in growing. alot of smokers dont want to figure it all out they just want to have something to smoke as soon as possible with the least amount of headache. autos are the best for providing that. they arent for everyone though but they're a godsend to some. dont like em? dont grow them! but if you look at sales lately theres more autos being sold than anything else. about inbreeding though it doesnt take long before it does downhill.

Psycho Paul

So let me get this straight... Because I prefer to grow/smoke quality cannabis I am a little boy who doesn't know anything and you've grown more cannabis than me? Poor little me and my 75 posts and my Sept join date I must know nothing.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

You proved right there why autoflower growers are ignorant and lame. Keep growing your trashy genetics because honestly nobody even cares, we all look in on this forum and laugh at you all behind your back. Every single day you are the joke of the cannabis community. hhahaha.

have fun.

NOOB.

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
I should have been more specific,

my breakdown of cost was based on this guys comment on autos somehow consuming less power than regular 12/12 strains.

it was just an example of cost.

The cost is considerably less with AF's though.
Here is the truth:

Standard strains:
Germination...
The seedling stage is completed within 4 to 6 weeks.
The vegetative stage is usually completed in the third to fifth months of growth.
Sexing usually requires 1 to 2 weeks but may take longer.
Flowering usually lasts about 1 or 2 months, but usually continues longer if the plants are not pollinated. Typically done under 12/12 lighting.

Auto-Flower:

The seedling stage is completed within 3 to 4 weeks.
The vegetative stage NONE
Sexing NONE
Flowering usually lasts about 1 or 1-1/2 months. Typically done under 12/12 lighting but some growers opt for 18/6.

Since Af's are grown from seed, there is no mother to maintain and care for.

well this elite strain angle is how i take someone like nicoli, i mean whats he bragging about? If i order a elite bunch of seeds and im an instant pro like him, answer is basically yes i am, its its not a bad thing its called progress, breeders have done a great job (some of them) the ego on growing cannabis is way way overblown imo, its all luv, its all sharing, its all good, leave your petty hobbiest egos at the door-

I have an "Elite strain" of AF... It has been developed over many seasons by people who have grown and bred for dozens of years. Beginning with a Ruderalis. If that fact alone doesn't place the AF strains into a legitimate "Elite" category then I don't know what would.

I think the assumption that AF's are for newbs is stupid, even people new to growing can change a timer. Also if you grow AF's without reading up on the best methods, ie to avoid stunting them in their critical veg period then yes you can get shitty results..but how many noobs growing regular strains make a fuck up somewhere?

If people want to grow AF's for any reason then leave them to it.. why the hate? Everyone has their own personal circumstances/wants/needs etc.. and it's no ones business on here to tell people what to do.

I only have one small indoor space, so the difference between growing AF and regular strains is a 2 month cycle instead of 3 - roughly. So I get 6 harvests a year instead of 4.

Another reason is they are fun.. you can make a new cross, or keep inbreeding your best specimines each time until you have something stable you can call your own. You can keep your work in seed form and not have to keep a mother alive forever.

It damn sure wasn't a "newb" who developed the Ruderalis/X strains.

Sandnut

So let me get this straight... Because I prefer to grow/smoke quality cannabis I am a little boy who doesn't know anything and you've grown more cannabis than me? Poor little me and my 75 posts and my Sept join date I must know nothing.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

You proved right there why autoflower growers are ignorant and lame. Keep growing your trashy genetics because honestly nobody even cares, we all look in on this forum and laugh at you all behind your back. Every single day you are the joke of the cannabis community. hhahaha.

have fun.

NOOB.

Yes please, get that screwdriver out of your brain so you can think straight. Take your time and read through your post, try to find anything that make sence... don't worry I'll wait.

YOU must really care about what we grow, what are you doing in the auto forum whining anyway?

If you don't like autos, so what? dont grow them! you tryina school everyone here like you suposed to know what we should be doing, do you expect people to take you seriously ?? gtfo....

you are so immature, you take the price for taking this to a totally new level - "I grow this im good, you grow that, you suck, you are a noob"

always like this asap we got a thread about autos, morons like you and Nicoli join in to fuck around with ppl

two words of advice for everyone in over two words= use your ignorelist and grow autos :tiphat:.

one other thing that ive noticed in people is that very health conscious people tend to believe there is something called nutritional enlightenment, it does alot of good for all people to master there health but healthy or sick were all pretty equal, what ive noticed is that people do believe in cannabis enlightenment, they actually think there differant people casue they smoke differant erb, its truly pathetic. the raw foodies are very rawligeolous like this and plenty of pot heads are cannabaligeolous, its much like sexual obsession or abstinance, rawfoodies an pot head snobs share the same destitution in disquise.

Nicoli

Veteran
always like this asap we got a thread about autos, morons like you and Nicoli join in to fuck around with ppl

And you're an expert with your louzy little autoflower grow? You are just some punk kid, very likely living in mom and dads basement, growing a hemp cross, and you actually think you have room to speak? LOL

Pffffffff.

Get a real strain already jesus christ.

Learn to spell also :)

Iwannatokenbone's ignore list must be 90% of the site, half of his posts have been rated negatively, what a contributor. ROFL

I seriously have no problem if you wanna grow your autos, just dont act like they are superior to quality genetics, because they dont even come close. Everyone with more than 1 braincell knows this. As i've said time and time again, they are better than nothing and they have a good use outdoors in cold/short climates but other than that, they serve no logical purpose.

smokefrogg

Veteran
i still don't get the hate

"all autoflower growers are ignorant and lame" psycho paul, that's a real ass hat thing to say

ALL blahblah are blahblahblah, stereotype much?

i don't get why some of you come into the auto forum at all, just seems like a real ass hat move

blahblah SHIT TALK SHIT TALK blahblahblah SHIT TALK SHIT TALK *yawn* keep screaming at the brick wall, have fun with that =)

i heart ruderalis

Travis82

you know you can get some awesome smoke from auto's just as good if not better as regular strains. Just you gotta not stunt them in the veg stage. I grow them because its just easier for me. I live by the equator so i have a veg cab. So its nice to flower outside and veg inside and between chops I can get a few oz's of some auto for my friends and family.

Auto's are great it just depends on the grower who grows them. I have regular strains also but I enjoy the auto's more.

Really if you just talk shit about autos you really need to a. get a better strain. or b. fix your mess up you did to give you crap results.

The only downside I see to them is you cant clone them that's it.

Later all :tiphat:

fatcat0491

why come to a autoflower forum then trash talk autoflowers? Its like a Non hydro grower going into a hydro grower forum and listing every possible reason to belittle there Hobby and there choice of what to grow!. I <3 Ruderalis aswell

i luv checking threads and seeing the two people who never say anything but nonsense have there post blocked, and to see u guys have to deal with it also cracks me up, good ol weed enlightenment from are fellow elite smokers who are on that other level of hooking up a timer, setting it to 12/12 and being so high that we dont even understand what they say :artist: -if anybody is curious, this little pac man is painting a asshat-

Sandnut

And you're an expert with your louzy little autoflower grow? You are just some punk kid, very likely living in mom and dads basement, growing a hemp cross, and you actually think you have room to speak? LOL

Pffffffff.

Get a real strain already jesus christ.

Learn to spell also :)

Iwannatokenbone's ignore list must be 90% of the site, half of his posts have been rated negatively, what a contributor. ROFL

I seriously have no problem if you wanna grow your autos, just dont act like they are superior to quality genetics, because they dont even come close. Everyone with more than 1 braincell knows this. As i've said time and time again, they are better than nothing and they have a good use outdoors in cold/short climates but other than that, they serve no logical purpose.

enough of your bullshit, what is infact the truth here is the fact that YOUR posts here are rated 90% bad, this should probably give you the feeling of what people think about you, is it the ego with no respect for others? or the fact that all your statements are based on what a pig would say if he could talk?

And man, I find it very amusing that you actually took the time to check through my profile to diss me about my grow, I haven't claimed anything that's the funny thing, at the top it says very clear "this is my 1st grow" Also the spelling is probably because english is about 1of the 5 lenguages i speak, you know there's people living outside of the country you live in right?

and how do you even bother to make up a story of how someone else is living and how old I am, you dont even know me, But I can tell you aint old homie cause people with ur attitude dont last homie

Nicoli

Veteran
Oh no, my posts have been rated 90% by a bunch of hemp growing fucking retards.

Oh god, im worried.

Hahahahahaha.. Maybe you should worry about what you're going to be for halloween you cumguzzling retard. :)

Also: people who call people homies are generally dumbass gangster wannabe and/or juggalos or other white trash breeds.

Keep growing your trashy cannabis, it fits you well. :artist:

There will always be a ton of retarded noobs in this world, and you guys surely fit the bill. Congrats, as Paul said, you are the laughing stock of the cannabis community, no matter what you say. I love it, you spend 70 days on a plant that MIGHT yield you a half oz? And then you brag to everyone about how convenient and efficient it is? rofl.. hahaha, you are truly the elite status of cannabis growers. rofl.

Hopefully someday your mothers kick your retarded asses out of her home(s). rofl.

Psycho Paul

enough of your bullshit, what is infact the truth here is the fact that YOUR posts here are rated 90% bad, this should probably give you the feeling of what people think about you, is it the ego with no respect for others? or the fact that all your statements are based on what a pig would say if he could talk?

And man, I find it very amusing that you actually took the time to check through my profile to diss me about my grow, I haven't claimed anything that's the funny thing, at the top it says very clear "this is my 1st grow" Also the spelling is probably because english is about 1of the 5 lenguages i speak, you know there's people living outside of the country you live in right?

and how do you even bother to make up a story of how someone else is living and how old I am, you dont even know me, But I can tell you aint old homie cause people with ur attitude dont last homie

Hey folks we've got Mr. expert hemp grower here...

Lookie at this kid, he grows a fucking hemp plant and he thinks hes god damn Jorge Cervantes, ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, ok kid, let me ask you this, have you ever grown a real plant? Or just from the hemp variety? ROFL you have me rolling you fucking dipshits are unreal. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.