What's new

Autoflower Orgy!

A

arcticsun

Lets have a look at a Sisu F1 aswell, this is just a random Sisu I was given by a friend who had gotten some strains mixed up and thought it was a Snowdog. I was supposed to get a Snowdog, but got a Sisu instead. Turns out it wasnt a bad thing after all. I have later aquired the Snowdog, so I have that too!!

There may be many pheno variations in the F1 generation of the Sisu. A friend of mine is currently running 10 original F1 Sisus, im hoping he will allow me to share pics from his grow later on. But im definitively exited about this strain, Its undeniably looking good. However im worried about hermie traits in late flowering as in the Finx. Sisu is AK47/Finx. Finx is a lowryder hybrid, the exact heritage is described in page 1 of this thread.

Sisu F1 <-- by arcticsun---<<

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Seedling

Beautiful Sisu, very impressive tric coverage and stature on that plant. Is that one bread for the out doors as well, taking mold resistant and traits like that in to consideration when selecting? Tahnk you for the detailed grow log, always good reading mate.

A

arcticsun

Beautiful Sisu, very impressive tric coverage and stature on that plant. Is that one bread for the out doors as well, taking mold resistant and traits like that in to consideration when selecting? Tahnk you for the detailed grow log, always good reading mate.

Hey seedling, yes it is bred with the intent that they could be grown outdoor in Russia, Scandinavia and Balticum predominately, because there is a great lack of modern genetics in the area.

Testers are going to be growing some of these strains at different locations around the world this summer. The thought is that I hopefully will receive back some offspring that is acclimatized to outdoor conditions to continue the work on. Then rinse repeat.. etc..

My inclination is towards thinking that the best plants are produced when breeding outdoor. I therefor intend to limit the indoor breeding as much as possible. The sooner I can get them grown and acclimatized outdoor, the better. And the further north it is, the better it is for everyone.

Flying Goat

Arctic - If you need any testers in flaming hot South Alabama, holler me up!

Awesome info on those "interesting" leaves... I'd be interested in growing them out just to see what happens... Remember - both White-Out & the Post-It Note were discovered by accident...

Seedling

Thank you for the reply Artic. The next question is were and when are you going to release these seeds. Im in the north my self and have been using Danish genetics before the Autos came in to play. Last year I gave the outdoors a go with autos as the Danes grow so big and are a lot harder to keep under cover. It was all good except for big problems with mold. The Diesel Ryders were just getting it all over, had one more auto going that did a bit better but it was still not mold free. The summer was crap and that had a big impact but you could just see that the plants were bread for indoor use...

Having higher hopes for this summer though As I have about 10 different strains to put to the test. Hoping some of the medium super Autos will do lots better and some of the regular once like the MI5 that has a good amount of Afghan in them will do good. Just waiting for the weather to turn, snowed here yesterday so guess I will have to wait for another 2 weeks or something until i get going.

Good luck with your projects mate and take care.

A

arcticsun

Arctic - If you need any testers in flaming hot South Alabama, holler me up!

Awesome info on those "interesting" leaves... I'd be interested in growing them out just to see what happens... Remember - both White-Out & the Post-It Note were discovered by accident...

I is going to be interesting to see what happens to the pehkuruders in terms of its form and behavior when grown outdoors in Alabama. Im sure there will be need to test the next gen aswell ;)

Ive got a million ideas for crosses spinning around in my head, there is a very close genetic connection between indicas and ruderalis. Its the common view that ruddies developed from indicas through acclimatization of indicas feral in northern climates.

However my personal, unsupported and largely untested view, is that its rather the other way around, that the indicas are a result of a southern acclimatization of autos. (..how dares he disagree with the likes of sam and dj short right?). :pirate: I cant lie, that is my view, and its from that perspective that im working. I find that a lot of pieces falls into place regarding cannabis when I take that view and im constantly finding confirming information to support the thesis.

In order to investigate this view and develop it, ill need to grow plants in as widely different geographic and climatic habitats as possible and study their acclimatization process over time. So, yes it will be immensely interesting to see what outdoor acclimatization to 30N will do to the plants. From that perspective, your location is perfect, 30N is the percieved limit for as to what counts for the natural habitat of tropical sativas. It is also pretty much dead on at the latitude of the pyramids in Egypt :D. Only next time, ill have you test some plants that are bred outdoor over time in the same location so we can see how they change form when grown in a different habitat.

Im not expecting to see any leaf querks in any other grows with these strains, im pretty confident its a result of the conditions and treatment they have received.

Hugs FG, im sure that together we will learn a lot of valuable things. Personally im not afraid of being wrong, if that means that we can shed light on what is right.

Thank you for the reply Artic. The next question is were and when are you going to release these seeds. Im in the north my self and have been using Danish genetics before the Autos came in to play. Last year I gave the outdoors a go with autos as the Danes grow so big and are a lot harder to keep under cover. It was all good except for big problems with mold. The Diesel Ryders were just getting it all over, had one more auto going that did a bit better but it was still not mold free. The summer was crap and that had a big impact but you could just see that the plants were bread for indoor use...

Having higher hopes for this summer though As I have about 10 different strains to put to the test. Hoping some of the medium super Autos will do lots better and some of the regular once like the MI5 that has a good amount of Afghan in them will do good. Just waiting for the weather to turn, snowed here yesterday so guess I will have to wait for another 2 weeks or something until i get going.

Good luck with your projects mate and take care.

Hey again buddy, thank you yourself for asking questions and posting in here, its much cozyer with some company :D

Those that would like to read only what I write in this thread and not all the comments and replies can click my nickname on the left side and one of those hotlink rollerbars will slide down under the nickname. Somewhere at the bottom of that slide down menu will be a button where it says "Filter posts by arcticsun"!!.. That function will filter out all other posts excepts those that ive made.

Hmm release .. talking hypothetically here.. IF I find a strain that I am 100% certain holds ground in competition. That means vs the Danish 55N hybrids and vs Mdanzigs Sour60 for example, yesterday I read about an auto Thai landrace release. There are auto OT haze crosses also on the release like LBH's crosses. Strains like the ones ive mentioned are 5-10-20 years in the making by some very clever people. Honestly, realistically im thinking at least 3 years of acclimatization in arctic natural 24h light conditions while continuously and rigorously testing and seeking to cooperate and learn from the master breeders. Say maybe in 5 years time, I MAY have something worthy of a commercial release. hehe..

However im not working with a commercial release in mind, im working to gain a deeper understanding of the plants form and qualities. The ultimate goal is to reintroduce the autos to a natural 24h a day sunlight habitat, for the sake of acclimatizing the plant to the benefit of the community and not for any personal gain other then the pleasure of growing them locally outdoors and maybe the gratitude of my local smoking community.
Im hoping to leave some type of legacy behind for the online community also after I finish the hyperborea project. I intend to go underground for a while to work in peace with my ideas after the hyperborea project. Im thinking I should leave a little zumzum for the community when I shut down this account as kind of a thank you and cyall later.

However ill never have my name mentioned anywhere as a pollen chucker or copycat or one thats innit for a quick buck. Ill do my very best to create something completely unique, the uniqueness will come from the personal touch of the nature culture in the far north and the acclimatization to a habitat with a dead on perfect natural light regime for autos that is to be found only in one small area on this planet. That is the magic behind the whole project, until ive done that, there is nothing unique or release worthy about my work. This process will take time, but I have this northern stubbornness and patience to lean on, and a culture of people that is deeply committed and linked to nature.

M

mossy

arcticsun..you make me Proud to call you Brother..:grouphug:

Your attitude is Great..
Personally im not afraid of being wrong, if that means that we can shed light on what is right
Absolute #1

(..how dares he disagree with the likes of sam and dj short right?). I cant lie, that is my view, and its from that perspective that im working
Just remember..Anyone elses perspective is simply THEIR point of view..
UNTIL YOU CAN PROVE IT OTHERWISE..:good:
(remeber they said you Couldn't clone AF'S...:biglaugh:)

Your homework is extensive/relevent/impressive.

IF anyone can make this cross you can.

Muchos Kudos Bro...

as soon as I am good..I'm gonna rake the thread from start to finish.

A

arcticsun

Thank you mossy and LBH for the kind and inspirational words. Its the best reward and its highly appreciated on my side. I take my hat off for you lads, :tiphat: Its great to have you around, your posts today has given me many answers and many questions that im currently trying to sort out.

Heard a wise man say today that for every question one answers, two new ones appears. Heard you say that the strains resembles their owners, that freaks me out a little tbh hehehe..

Flying Goat

I very much enjoy your teaching, Arctic! I had been wondering myself, "How are these plants, bred to perform under 24-hour light much kinder than our sun, going to perform in the sultry sweatbox that is Alabama?" I figure, judging by intensity, the plants should receive as many lumens of light in about 6 hours of Alabama sun that they do under 24 hours of northern light... What do you reckon regarding that?

I have identified 1 male (to be brought indoors today, sadly, to prevent his jizzing up the neighborhood ladies)... He will be labeled, photographed & placed in a sunny window location until his pollen can be collected & preserved.

There are 3 vigorous little females out there as well... These little darlings will be interplanted with my tomatoes in the main garden, or perhaps the corn.

Of course, I have 2 females & a male indoors as well. They seem to be slow starters, but at week #2.5 they are rapidly catching up.

Regardless of potency, I'm interested to see if the high CBD levels can help my patients & I.

Just remember - one man's "setback" can be another man's "breakthrough."

M

mossy

arcticsun...just got a chance to get a bit further back in your thread m8..and all I have to say is....
dont you Dare cut that leaf anomoly out....:noway:

You have heard me saying about the distinct leaf anomoly I picked up on the Blacks...
guess what it is...
YUP..11 fingers..and 2 rabbits ears.

Yours are just in the wrong place ATM.
I suggest a slightly unstable genetic..(OR..your conditions..)
BUT..Strengthen it out...
I THINK you'll find it Worth it..:good:

I'll bring you a photo of mine.

Seedling
except for big problems with mold.
Cut the ferts..
AF + less than perfect conditions..especially dank..= Mold in AF's.
I run ALL my AF's on my Off season without ferts..or Very dilute.
give it a try
and let me know your results...I Swear by it.
Best of Luck..:good:

A

arcticsun

WRAAAHHH!!! .. damnit how annoying is it not when one spends an hour writing a comprehensive and detailed post and then the webreader freezes up and one looses everything.. how annoying is it then not when it happens twice?

Thanks for the great posts guys, ill be back to respond once ive shaken this urge to attack the computer with a sledgehammer..

IF I shake that urge

A

arcticsun

Ill try again.. hehe

arcticsun...just got a chance to get a bit further back in your thread m8..and all I have to say is....
dont you Dare cut that leaf anomoly out....:noway:

:D I have many plants with leaf anomalies, I do however have a plant with perfect 13 fingered leaves and a plant with 3 branches on each node. Thinking ill cross them to eachother and call the strain 313 ;)

You have heard me saying about the distinct leaf anomoly I picked up on the Blacks...
guess what it is...
YUP..11 fingers..and 2 rabbits ears.

Were the 2 rabbit ears displaced in any sense? I would love to see pics.. I have somewhat of an idea of that this may be caused by light.. ill get further into it in the next post.

Yours are just in the wrong place ATM.
I suggest a slightly unstable genetic..(OR..your conditions..)
BUT..Strengthen it out...
I THINK you'll find it Worth it..:good:

I'll bring you a photo of mine.

The genetics is unstabile, these are mega-hybridized strains, all kinds of phenos.. it may be related to the lowryder in them, but it may also be related to them being strongly hybridized and subjected to loads of light energy. Energy fluctuations/alternations causes leaf mutations in the end as a result of habitat adaptation..

I was just writing a long post for Flying Goat regarding her questions on what would happen to the plants when placed in her habitat. Ill link up some good scientific articles on leaf senescence and how some specific trees are adapted to different kinds of light scenarios and how they are adapted to the environment.

I would LOVE a photo.. thanks for the input, its highly appreciated.

Seedling
Cut the ferts..
AF + less than perfect conditions..especially dank..= Mold in AF's.
I run ALL my AF's on my Off season without ferts..or Very dilute.
give it a try
and let me know your results...I Swear by it.
Best of Luck..:good:

THANK YOU for the outdoor tips, this may prove very valuable tips for my outdoor grow this season. Im expecting major mold problems.

Blessings mossy, having you around here is surely very very helpful. Youve pushed me over quite a few thresholds already, thanks mate ill try to keep the pic updates coming steadily. :wave:

HookaHittaH

Ahh arcticsun that has happened to me too many times to count. Now I Always copy what I've typed before trying to post it....

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
arcticsun I have a question? or anyone for that matter

I have 5 SSH f2 x Pehkruder in a month i will be determinng sex to only have females go outside..i put them under 1000W HPS for 10-12 days and as soon as i see balls i chop and as soon as i see 2 stigmas i put back under natural light to get it back on its veg cycle...

Question..do you think this will effect the SSH F2 x Pehkruder due to the Pehkuders auto flower properties...Will I be ok or should I just let them grow out and try and determine sex naturally with these???

PLEASE HELP..i have never dealt with auto's before

peace
Chefboy

A

arcticsun

On to the topic of habitat adaption.. Very good question you pose my dear friend FG.. ill try to explain with my limited ability. I have found some material on the subject that I think may be helpful.

I very much enjoy your teaching, Arctic! I had been wondering myself, "How are these plants, bred to perform under 24-hour light much kinder than our sun, going to perform in the sultry sweatbox that is Alabama?" I figure, judging by intensity, the plants should receive as many lumens of light in about 6 hours of Alabama sun that they do under 24 hours of northern light... What do you reckon regarding that?

I am afraid the sun puts out much more lumen then the plants are able to utilize, they have a number of defense mechanisms connected to this. I have heard the plants utilize approximately 10k lumens.. the rest is waist..

The plants are however very intelligent beings, they adapt very quickly to the environment, this is visible in its great amount of forms. The process of adaption is called leaf senescence. What happens is that the cells that cannot handle the stronger sunlight dies, these cells are replaced in a very systematic and intelligent order in the leaf senescence process by new and better cells.

The plant is thus "reprogrammed" and cells are replaced... this process creates genetic diversity. The answer to how many plants do you need to not be a hack is 2.. Any plant can only have two parents anyway, in fact a single plant is needed to create all the genetic diversity you want. The sign of a "real" breeder is not how many plants he or she has, its whether or not he or she can do magic with the very few plants available..

Take half the offspring of these 2 parents grow them in Alabama, take the other half and grow them in north Norway, then switchover, rinse and repeat. The term "open pollination" only means, "we dont know who the father is".. and those who say "real" breeders have a gazillion plants and thats the only way... tsk tsk.. more homework guys!!

Another term we should investigate in debt and discuss is the term; "photo down regulation".. Lets get back to that in relevance so it doesnt become too much we are heading into very complicated material when we start to investigate exactly how the plant reacts physiologically to changing habitat. Senescence is the process, lets discuss this first, and take the different problems and symptoms related to the problems related to senescence in order of appearance.

Its important to realize that senescence is a continuously ongoing process, even in clones, so an old clone passed around for generations will suffer a fair bit of genetic transformation as a result of being grown indoors.

Here is some more in-debt reading on the subject.

http://www.ias.ac.in/currsci/sep25/articles19.htm
Leaf senescence: Physiology and molecular biology

Basanti Biswal and U. C. Biswal

School of Life Sciences, Sambalpur University, Jyoti Vihar 768 019, India

Leaf senescence although deteriorative in nature, has been recognized as the last phase of the organ’s development, a highly ordered process regulated by genes known as senescence associated genes (SAGs). Till now, more than 30 SAGs have been isolated, cloned and characterized. The leaf when young and mature, accumulates nutrients and exports them to growing parts of the plant during senescence. The macromolecular degradation and their transport during senescence are reported to be strictly controlled by genes. The genes are also reported to actively participate in energy metabolism and supply metabolic energy for the transport of nutrients. Through genetic regulation, the senescing leaves maintain cellular integrity and potential not only for nutrient transport, but also for effective transcription and translation of proteins. Although the genes specific for induction of senescence have not yet been precisely identified, the down-regulation of photosynthetic genes has been proposed to be the possible signal for up-regulation of SAGs and induction of senescence. (note by arcticsun, when the cells capacity for light efficiency is saturated, photo down regulation occurs, basically it means these cells dies as mentioned in the next line.. sry carry on reading) Leaf senescence is recognized as a process following a programmed cell death (PCD). The regulatory elements of some of the SAGs are characterized and their response to senescence inducing factors indicates scope for further studies on the molecular mechanism of signal response coupling during foliar senescence.

(..)

Since senescence constitutes an internally regulated developmental process, it has a logic in plant life and therefore, carries significant physiological implications. A programmed senescence, is basically an adaptive mechanism and the death, its consequence, therefore, takes place on the organism’s own terms. In nature, senescence in leaves is the best example that fits into this concept. Leaf senescence has extensively been investigated in the last few years. The process, however, is not only concerned with death but involves several events associated with massive mobilization of nutrients in a highly ordered and regulated manner from senescing leaves to new leaves, developing fruits, seeds and buds, thus contributing to the nutrient cycling. The senescing leaves carry out these events and therefore remain viable and active. Although there are limits for generalization and extrapolation of the mechanism of leaf senescence in understanding the process in whole plants, the study however, provides vital clues to the knowledge of basics of senescence as a process.

Senescence of a leaf is temporally regulated in a co-ordinated manner1,2. The cellular components in the senescing leaves experience a sequential dismantling with a perfect order3,4. Although the process operates under the active control of genes, it is known to be modulated by environmental signals5. The precise triggering mechanism of leaf senescence still remains unclear but it is proposed to be induced by intrinsic and environmental factors5,6. In green leaves, the process is mostly characterized by a loss in total chlorophyll7. In addition, the degradation of macromolecules, namely proteins, nucleic acids, lipids and a decline in photosynthesis, remobilization of nutrients and the dismantling of cellular organelles are other major events associated with the process3,6. The genes regulating these events are known as senescence associated genes (SAGs)5,8. More than 30 SAGs are isolated, cloned and characterized in different plant systems.

This review describes the expression of the SAGs associated with macromolecular degradation and mobilization of nutrients from senescing leaves. It also describes the genes for maintaining the viability of senescing cells. The review very briefly covers findings on chloroplast degradation during leaf senescence and down-regulation of the photosynthetic genes as the possible factor for induction of leaf senescence. Regulation of senescence-associated genes, with particular reference to study of their promoters are also discussed. Some of the questions in this area, still unanswered, are addressed in the concluding section.

Ok so that is the process.. the result is the question tho, I highly advice everyone to read the next study. It relates to a specific type of tree that originated on the north pole in the days when the whole world was tropical, this tree is known as the Metasequoia, it has a genetic programmed adaption to a continuous light environment. It is efficient in utilizing continuous light, however the primal north pole was often covered by a could cover which made the light not so strong. You know these trees as the giant redwood trees, they are also known as simply "primal tree". They present a first class example of a plant that has made the exact same transformation from a plant adapted to a continuous light environment to a southern latitudes plant as my suggestion regarding the cannabis says. The redwood trees survived the ice ages in China.

This study im about to link revolves around how does the offspring from this primal tree react when grown in a habitat with continuous light. I highly recommend that everyone who works with cannabis reads this study. Its a bit lengthy and may contain loads of words that the common man like myself has problems with understanding, but whoever doesnt have an education in biology or the flora can do as I do and take some time to google definitions of words.

http://treephys.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/reprint/26/3/353

Physiological responses of three deciduous conifers (Metasequoia
glyptostroboides, Taxodium distichum and Larix laricina) to continuous
light: adaptive implications for the early Tertiary polar summer

M. ALEJANDRA EQUIZA,1 MICHAEL E. DAY1,2 and RICHARD JAGELS1
1 Department of Forest Ecosystem Science, University of Maine, 5755 Nutting Hall, Orono, Maine 04469-5755, USA
2 Corresponding author ([email protected])
Received January 26, 2005; accepted June 11, 2005; published online December 15, 2005

Summary Polar regions were covered with extensive forests
during the Cretaceous and early Tertiary, and supported trees
comparable in size and productivity to those of present-day
temperate forests.With a winter of total or near darkness and a
summer of continuous, low-angle illumination, these temperate,
high-latitude forests were characterized by a light regime
without a contemporary counterpart. Although maximum irradiances
were much lower than at mid-latitudes, the 24-h
photoperiod provided similar integrated light flux. Taxodium,
Larix and Metasequoia, three genera of deciduous conifers that
occurred in paleoarctic wet forests, have extant, closely related
descendents. However, the contemporary relative abundance
of these genera differs greatly from that in the paleoarctic. To
provide insight into attributes that favor competitive success in
a continuous-light environment, we subjected saplings of these
genera to a natural photoperiod or a 24-h photoperiod and measured
gas exchange, chlorophyll fluorescence, non-structural
carbohydrate concentrations, biomass production and carbon
allocation.
Exposure to continuous light significantly decreased photosynthetic
capacity and quantum efficiency of photosystem II
in Taxodium and Larix, but had minimal influence in Metasequoia.
In midsummer, foliar starch concentration substantially
increased in both Taxodium and Larix saplings grown in
continuous light, which may have contributed to end-product
down-regulation of photosynthetic capacity. In contrast, Metasequoia
allocated photosynthate to continuous production of
new foliar biomass. This difference in carbon allocation may
have provided Metasequoia with a two fold advantage in the
paleoarctic by minimizing depression of photosynthetic capacity
and increasing photosynthetic surface.
Keywords: allocation, carbon balance, leaf area, light-inhibition,
paleoecology, photosynthetic end products.

I think you should find this study interesting, but be warned its a bit lengthy so to all that intends to start reading it, you best put some tea or coffee on and roll up a joint before you start ;)

Hope that helps a little on the subject FG

I have identified 1 male (to be brought indoors today, sadly, to prevent his jizzing up the neighborhood ladies)... He will be labeled, photographed & placed in a sunny window location until his pollen can be collected & preserved.

There are 3 vigorous little females out there as well... These little darlings will be interplanted with my tomatoes in the main garden, or perhaps the corn.

Of course, I have 2 females & a male indoors as well. They seem to be slow starters, but at week #2.5 they are rapidly catching up.

Regardless of potency, I'm interested to see if the high CBD levels can help my patients & I.

Just remember - one man's "setback" can be another man's "breakthrough."

Indeed well said, ones persons setbacks is anothers breakthrough, thats why we have to lean on eachother :D

Great to hear they are coming so far along, other reports are also saying the pehkuruders were a bit slow to start with but came with a boom as soon as they started flowering.

I have seen 2 "fake" males in my own pehkuruders by the way. Its hard to describe, looks like a male banana, but there is no bananas in the shoot, eventually a female hair grows out of the shoot.

This may actually be a undeveloped hermie trait, i have been wondering if they start out male and turn female very early. I may have mentioned that I have heard of a tendency to sprout a single herm shoot on the 4th node on female pehkuruders.

So watch out for that, could be a "fake" male, you will find out soon enough.

Senescence is also the process that is responsible for creating plants with high CBD and THC levels, thus its a matter of finding the right habitat ;) IF the pehkuurders does not show promise this year, we will re-test the offspring next year and see what the results are of senescence. Yours will naturally adapt to the strong sun, whilst also adapting to a dark periode every day. Mine will adapt to a milder sun with a continuous light source.

The difference should logically be that yours should loose their automatic traits in advantage of an ability to store energy to utilize in the time when there is no light. The logical result should be similar as in the study with the sequoia trees.

Thus I hinge my work on this thesis and continue to withold the thesis that the automatic must have originated in a true continuous sunlight environment.

Time is precious in saving these autos, IF I am right, it will not be as DjShort and Sam says, that there will be more and more fully automatic Ruderalis genes in the wild. But rather the opposite, the auto genotype of cannabis, which could very likely be the motherplant as given example of in the study of metasequias, IS IN GREAT DANGER OF EXTINCTION UNLESS BROUGHT BACK TO ITS ORIGINAL HABITAT!!!!

If my logic holds true, we are under time pressure! We MUST bring the autos back north or they may be gone and it may take forever to acclimatize a non auto to an auto plant. While it takes but a short time to work them the other way, because an auto will always flower further south, but a non auto will not flower further north.

Thanks all for the attention, im only doing show-grows at great danger of my own security to alert some attention to this potential disaster. I cant do this alone, I may be the only one that can grow them outdoor in natural light, but I cant do it alone.. If im wrong im going to take my pepper, ill surely not keep shouting if im wrong..

But then again if im right?

Everyone is talking about how we should not use ruddie genes to destroy the "pure" genes.. im saying, stop for a moment and think, dont hold any authority on a pedistal or anyones word for truth.

Dont hold these words for truth, but please take alert to what im saying.

Blessings all, 69 out!

A

arcticsun

more questions I see while I had my brainfart just now.. ill just need some food to get the blood sugar levels up again. be back in a flash guys

C

ChynaRyder

Arctic, you have outdone yourself, my man...brilliant :bow:

I believe your thesis may hold merit, and you ruined my hopes for sleeping in this morning...was up early to medicate my aching ass, and thought a short read may help me go back to sleep, but no.

Thank you for the info on the Metasequoia....I have been around this plant since the 80's, when I was a young lad working on a tree farm...planted 5000 of em in the summer of 86...hated the tree at the time, but love it now....Metasequoia, Larix and Taxodium have long puzzled me about the deciduous conifer thing....but never puzzled me enough to read why, and now I have...of course it makes perfect sense that the deciduous nature would be an adaptation to polar environments.

They also have an uncommon hardiness to them rapid growth in tough environments...tough as nails...hearts like lions, much like ruderalis.
Senescence is also the process that is responsible for creating plants with high CBD and THC levels, thus its a matter of finding the right habitat ;)

Interesting read on senescence m8, care to elaborate? Are you saying it is the senescence response to UV light that triggers trich and cannabinoid production to impart protection and hence remission of the senescence trigger???

Nutrient levels in the meristematic regions also play a role in leaf senescence...particularly low N levels trigger immediate senescence of the lower fans, and mobilization of the the nutrient content to the meristems...curious if the nutrient status of the plant, and the accompanying senescence process can play a role in cannabinoid content? Is N starved weed more potent? I believe it is as I note differences in potency and effects with proper flush....When I really get a girl cleaned out, she not only tastes better, she feels better...better high and effects.

I am curious if this holds any water...:wave:

Love the discussion m8, keep it comin :dance013:

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
arcticsun I have a question? or anyone for that matter

I have 5 SSH f2 x Pehkruder in a month i will be determinng sex to only have females go outside..i put them under 1000W HPS for 10-12 days and as soon as i see balls i chop and as soon as i see 2 stigmas i put back under natural light to get it back on its veg cycle...

Question..do you think this will effect the SSH F2 x Pehkruder due to the Pehkuders auto flower properties...Will I be ok or should I just let them grow out and try and determine sex naturally with these???

PLEASE HELP..i have never dealt with auto's before

peace
Chefboy

bump....SO CAN ANYONE HELP?? PLEASE