What's new

Autoflower Orgy!

A

arcticsun

I think they are rare idd, nice to see you in here also pera :yes: Do you have any pictures maybe at hand of the pekin pehku?

You could re-do the pehkuruder, going pekin pehku/pehkuruder auto for example? or?

best wishes brother :wave:

Suomi-Prkl

Veteran
hello mate!

no, no pics of the pekin pehku's.. i've only seen few of them anyways even in the finnish forum. unnatureals being on of them.

but i will surely document them my self. the beans look ripe and good but can't really know the germ rates yet so we'll see. i'm gonna get them going as soon as i get back from mexico in april!

UnNatuReal

Wow, yes I'm originator of Pehkuruder, but not feeling that I need so much respect for it.

I just got nice pheno of Pekin Pehku outdoors, took some cuts of it what I pollinated indoors with male what I had selected earlier for other project as well.

Then I made F2 generation indoors, named it to Pehkuruder and spread few thousands seeds through Hamppuforum, hoping that I will see lot of different lines of it in future.

Funny it ended up to projects at ICMag more than in Hamppuforum :)

Much respect to all of you who have carry it way further!

N

NellaK

Numer einz meine liebe friend i will check this af orgy out soon as im finish remove doggy shit from my yard
Stay safe n high

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
arcticsun...wicked thread..and thanks to everyone else for the contributions...a real good read...I was gifted SSH F2 x Pehkruder(Arctic Haze)Thanks Arctic Sun..I am in Ontario Canada...I will will be taking pics once my seedlings become plants...I am very excited to grow these out..

peace
Chefboy

G

Guest129216

sAnta clauS dropped by my house aswell, and pehkruder will be grown on the westcoast of Norway this season too.:woohoo:. Will also post pics when the time is right. Can't wait for an update on theese, but i guess it's hard for arctic to get anything done with a constant orgy goin on.......:dancer::dancer:

Flying Goat

I so love the name SISU... and the mental pictures I get of the Finnish person with an AK-47...

Please all who have these beans come to their hands - make & keep some original seed in freezer for future generations...

A

arcticsun

Hey all, there is much to update on, ill try to keep it short and answer questions ;)

hello mate!

no, no pics of the pekin pehku's.. i've only seen few of them anyways even in the finnish forum. unnatureals being on of them.

but i will surely document them my self. the beans look ripe and good but can't really know the germ rates yet so we'll see. i'm gonna get them going as soon as i get back from mexico in april!

Hehehe Mexico sounds great my friend, I really hope you enjoy, and tell us all about the smoke there and your trip when you return. I may go to south America this fall if the heavens permit :blowbubbles:, blessings my friend, stay safe and green. Warm tropical karma thoughts your way brother :wave:

Wow, yes I'm originator of Pehkuruder, but not feeling that I need so much respect for it.

I just got nice pheno of Pekin Pehku outdoors, took some cuts of it what I pollinated indoors with male what I had selected earlier for other project as well.

Then I made F2 generation indoors, named it to Pehkuruder and spread few thousands seeds through Hamppuforum, hoping that I will see lot of different lines of it in future.

Funny it ended up to projects at ICMag more than in Hamppuforum :)

Much respect to all of you who have carry it way further!

Hey im all gratitude to you UnNatuReal, the Pehkuruder has maintained somewhat of a overgrow spirit to it and it has been a fun strain so far.. Its fun how it has been allowed to live on, it shows how its possible for us to make a difference and create something if we maintain the right spirit about it. So all respect and honor to you for starting this happy wave.. :thank you::groupwave:

Numer einz meine liebe friend i will check this af orgy out soon as im finish remove doggy shit from my yard
Stay safe n high

hehehe, hey kallen :wave:

arcticsun...wicked thread..and thanks to everyone else for the contributions...a real good read...I was gifted SSH F2 x Pehkruder(Arctic Haze)Thanks Arctic Sun..I am in Ontario Canada...I will will be taking pics once my seedlings become plants...I am very excited to grow these out..

peace
Chefboy

Hey chefboy6969 thats great news, ill be interested in hearing how they do. Blessings and all good wishes to you and yours my friend :wave:

sAnta clauS dropped by my house aswell, and pehkruder will be grown on the westcoast of Norway this season too.:woohoo:. Will also post pics when the time is right. Can't wait for an update on theese, but i guess it's hard for arctic to get anything done with a constant orgy goin on.......:dancer::dancer:

Wicked wiwicked my brother, its going to be so fun to see how they do down there, your projects this year is surely some of the ones im most exited to watch. Sit easy my friend :D :D Spring karma for you and your fam :dance013:

I so love the name SISU... and the mental pictures I get of the Finnish person with an AK-47...

Please all who have these beans come to their hands - make & keep some original seed in freezer for future generations...

Hehehe the term "sisu" is a well known Finnish term, I think its one of those terms that has more then one meaning actually. Can one of our Finnish friends explain the true meaning of the word maybe? So I dont make a mockery of myself again by misinterpreting another Finnish word. :D

Bear in mind tho that this SISU is a cross made up of western genetics mostly from; stuporsonic, K2, lowryder and AK47 if I recall correctly in the latest generation. These SISU's are F1 generation AK47/FinX crosses, and there is some selection and testing on them to be done. 10 females have been selected for testing by a friend of mine, if he permits I hope I can take some pictures later on for you, in a month or two. He is a grower with much experience and he holds a beautiful garden, so that grow will determine whether or not this SISU hold any promise. I do have as mentioned some pure FinX f6 beans that I can go back and redo the Sisu with on a later occation if needed.

How's it growing buddy? any funky-photo updates?

one love :rasta:

Its growing so-so.. Experiencing some puzzlings setbacks to sharpen my senses, nothing devastating, ill make a picture update and show you in a separate post..

Awesome looking plants. I spread the gospel of auto's to anyone whose interested. In this part of the world nothing else would finish here.

Jake

A

arcticsun

Here is the reason for the setbacks, I am experiencing some weird leaf anomalies on the F1 crosses. Im wondering if this is a genetic trait or whether its related to the growth conditions somehow.

They are definitely rootbound in their pots, I trimmed the lower 4 branches that were stretching off them like I normally do. I have watered sparsely and let them run almost completely dry lately to inhibith the growth a bit so the autos in the tent can catch up and finish their veg stage so i can determine sexes and use the tent for flowering males.

The weird thing is that this leaf anomaly is showing on all 3 strains in the room. Its showing in the Romulan Kush/Lowryder F1 cross aswell that I didnt make, this cross was given to me.

The leaves on these F1 crosses have 11 fingers, after they grow 11 fingered leaves they start producing these leaf anomalies with extra leaf fingers growing out of the center of the leaf as shown in these pictures below. Anomalies seem to only appear on 11 fingered leaves which makes me think it could be related to them being rootbound. Funny thing is that these threw 5 fingered leaves on the second node on their first set of true leaves, and some threw 9 fingered leaves on the third node. Its been real cold in the room at times and these plants have been vegged under 1200 w hps from seed, the light accounts for them shooting so many fingered leaves so quickly. The first 3 weeks under 24/0h light regime and then for a week under 16/8 with little water and nutes and in a quite cold room. Last 3 days they have enjoyed 12/12, still a few a barely showing sex.

Room after most of the males have been taken out and after a trim job.

28260.JPG

And the leaf disorders that I wonder may be related to the ruderalis in them not liking to be root bound. Im using quite narrow pots because i dont want them to grow very wide. These leaf disorders appear in almost all of the Cheese/SSH/Pehkuruders and AK47/PKRs.. and in one of the RK/LRs..

Pictures from different plants...

40097.JPG

66194.JPG

21050.JPG

5984.JPG

89046.JPG

89046.JPG

74194.JPG

15306.JPG

So.. there we go guys, ill not discard the grow.. hoping they will grow out of it eventually in budding, but this version of the Cheese/SSH/Pehkuruder is discontinued there is a myriade of phenos and only some are not showing this leaf disorder, too few for any descent selection. Ill continue on with the RK/LR and I may decide to drop the AK47/PKR aswell, we will see, there are some AK47/PKR's without the leaf disorders on still. My prettyest and dominant AK/PKR male is showing the leaf disorders, and he was superior to all the others... so thats a bummer, my best looking/largest most symmetric and dominant Cheese/SSH/PKR male also has these weird leaves...

But its no sweat, i have nothing riding on this grow, ill grow them out right and make some nice smoke from them if nothing else. It has crossed my mind to discard the grow and pop some new beans, but I have other more potent strains growing aswell in other rooms so if this becomes daytime smoke for me or community smoke for the smoke deprived/starved locals there is no real loss.

Ive upped the temperatures and the water/nute regime intensity in the room. Ive also switched to 12/12 from 16/8 some days ago as i mentioned after about a week of 16/8 because the cold tems etc didnt make them want to go into flowering properly so there are still a few individuals in the room of undetermined sex.

Ill come back with a proper update on the selected individuals and the auto AK47's and Pure Pehkuruders as we get things alittle more sorted and come into flowering properly. I intend to make myself some autoAK47/Pehkuruders & vica verca plus more of the pure AAK47 and PKRs for outdoor use later this summer.

Blessings all, :wave:

G

Guest129216

Too bad about the setback man.
That's life though, it goes up and down and up and down and up and down and down and up and up and up and up. Since you have gained such good karma there will be alot of up's for you though mate. lucky you!!!

Kaneh

Doesn't look too bad to me.:comfort:
Just looks like they're trying to grow too fast, maybe they continue that with turbo-flowering! ;D

Do you have that on different strains?
If so you shouldn't let that affect your breeding plans, cause it's not genetic. (IMHO)

If it's trait of some strain, that would be cool also, if it doesn't have an effect to crop. It would be kinda like an identification mark of some strain.

blackone

Veteran
I definitely wouldn't let leaf patterns like that hold me back! Your plants are strong and growing like weed - don't worry too much:)
Good luck with them.

A

arcticsun

Too bad about the setback man.
That's life though, it goes up and down and up and down and up and down and down and up and up and up and up. Since you have gained such good karma there will be alot of up's for you though mate. lucky you!!!

I do get hit by loads of good karma waves :D I shouldnt really have used the phrase setback, as it really isnt a setback in the grand scheme of things. This grow is unimportant, i have other grows in mind like the outdoor projects for this summer that I have more riding on then this.

Ill still do at least 3 pollinations from this grow in any case.

Maybe when they go into flower you'll get bud sites on some of the fans.

I expect that yes, ill try to carefully cut them off the leaves when they start developing i think..

Doesn't look too bad to me.:comfort:
Just looks like they're trying to grow too fast, maybe they continue that with turbo-flowering! ;D

Do you have that on different strains?
If so you shouldn't let that affect your breeding plans, cause it's not genetic. (IMHO)

If it's trait of some strain, that would be cool also, if it doesn't have an effect to crop. It would be kinda like an identification mark of some strain.

I have it on all 3 crosses in the F1 generations between auto/non auto. It could be a trait passed on from the lowryder.

I think id rather my strains get identified from yield and potency hehehe :D I dont think this is a good mutation. Ill not pass in on in any of my lines.

I definitely wouldn't let leaf patterns like that hold me back! Your plants are strong and growing like weed - don't worry too much:)
Good luck with them.

Not worried at all, ive got many baskets with many eggs, never all in one basket :D Its not holding me back, these strains is not expected to be stabilized until a year from now at least. Ill go back and remake them with a wider and better genetic basis from scratch. That has been the plan all along as far as the auto/non auto crosses are concerned, Ive considered this a learning grow from the beginning.. I have many more autos growing then only these shown in the pictures, there will be full updates on those as we grow along.

The aAK47's and pure pehkuruders are 2 to 3 weeks old now, running under 250w in a 1x1m tent- pretty tight squeeze, there are like 25 of them in total I think. They havent showed sex yet, but its not long until they do, the very first are just showing, it should be a week or two and they should all have revealed themselves.

blackone

Veteran
Nice - My Pehkuruders are growing pretty well now - 13 days since I received the seeds and put them in jiffys the same day.
picture.php

A

arcticsun

Thats wicked my friend, so glad to see them growing :D Keep us posted on them will you'? :D

Hey stlsoldier, sorry bro the pehkuruder is a guerilla strain, a Finnish underground phenomenon of sorts. The fins have been playing with auto genetics for quite some time, and they have pioneered this movement of new autos that keep popping up.

That is a beautiful strain bro..they look like mini Christmas trees...lol..:)

It's good to see so many leaps in the Auto world..

Well, I got me a seat..and some popcorn..i'll be here enjoying the show

A

arcticsun

Easter male update special today, lets have a look at some males. Sorry that some pics are a little out of focus, ill try to stand more steady next time :D

Cheese/SSH/PKR male, this guy stood out from the get go as the main bossman of the bunch.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

aK47/PKR male.. not many males of these that didnt develop the leaf querks, but this one is spotless. He is a candidate. Male tent isnt switched yet so they arent showing much balls.

picture.php

4 different RK/LR males out of the 6 in total. Problem here is that the 2 females has developed the leaf querks. Which supports my theory that its not a genetic trait, but its rather caused by too much light at a too early stage. The RK/LR are totally unrelated to the others in the room, they was given to me. 2 of the males has also spent less time in the 12/12 room so you can tell they havent come as far into flowering as the other 2.

RK/LR males..

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

lol sorry these are hopelessly out of focus, I must have worn my stoner vision goggles when I took them hehe

Leaf querk in a RK/LR male!!

picture.php

picture.php

Two auto AK47 males, for auto AK47s these are notoriously slow, just barely showing sex at this size. Im wondering if these will not auto on me, they arent originals but home bred copies from a Finland outdoor grow. However the breeder is very competent.
We will see how they develop, they are very stretchy in any case, seems they would like more wattage. The more likely candidate as a father in any crosses is the shorter one to the left.

picture.php

picture.php

Lastly here are some Pehkuruder dudes, as you can tell they are a bit shorter then the auto ak47s and they also seem quicker in flowering. However the Pehkuruder is a strange plant, ill get back to that as we grow along, I may have discovered a hermie trait in the lower branches of the pehkuruder, fourth node or so. But im not sure as I have not identified any bananas 100% yet, but it has some weird growth on the fourth node that may have made me think several of my females were males and I may have discarded/chopped some females that I thought were males prematurely. But as I said lets get back to that as the plants grows a little bigger and the "thing" gets recognizable.

picture.php

Pehkuruders in front, auto AK47 in the background.

picture.php

The female room... phenos are becoming more distinctly different from eachother. I hope that in a week or two they will start to show some trichs so we can get to looking closer at each individual.
For now, some are bushy, some are tall, some are lanky etc etc.. we've got the whole range, whats more interesting is which are stinky and which are sticky :D

picture.php

Peace n love all, watch out for them witches tonite. Happy Easter all! :wave: