What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Autoflower Buyers Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrek

There needs to be a standard set for classifying TRUE AutoFLowering strains, TRUE AF strains are ones that flower in continuous light 24 hours a day, after a certain age of healthy growth is reached. Anything else is actually just very early flowering like, such early flowering strains stay in VEG in 24 hours light but will flower in such light as 18/6. These strains have a very short critical light period to induce flowering. Some version of Mighty Mite are an example of these strains. These plants dont share the same genetic trigger as TRUE AFs like LowRyder and its hybrids. That being said here is a list of TRUE AutoFlowering Hybrids.
What I always understood about Mighty mites(I've never grown them) is that some plants in a given batch will bloom and finish early(late aug for june planting), and some will act like a "normal" early Indica and finish in late sept.

Starting with a ruderalis and a potent "normal", how many generations does it take to create a stable true AF with decently potent buds? :smokeit:

averagejoe

Does anyone have experience with snowryder fro sensi seeds? I want to try to grow it outdoor next season and i would like to know how much it yields and stuff. Pictures are very appreciated :)

an autoflowering cannabis variety is a variety of cannabis that will flower under any amount of light ie you have no control over the flowering process it will happen no matter what you do!

ps
there fantastic you should try them ;)

ronbo51

Veteran
Puffer, Autoflowering is a trait developed by plants to overcome a short growing season and successfully reproduce. As you move away from the tropics the difference betweenthe number of daylight hours vs nighttime increases dramatically.That's why you have the "midnight sun" in the polar regions. Most plants are photosensitive, meaning they flower in response to day length. Marijuana does that. However you can imagine that if you are in a 24 hour light period you will never get the trigger to flower until late in the grow season, too late to flower and produce seed. It is thought that autoflowering is the natural response to defeat long daylength. So, as Gene says, autos flower under 24 hour light, usually between day 14 and 21

Midas

stitch why doesnt short stuff seeds sell through the boutique?
can anyone tell me about growing a autoflowering outdoors? ive been think of Russian Rocket Fuel and sour60 . i am concerned the yield and the potency might be lessened by the lack of light (by not doing 20/4) especially in the 1st planting mar 15 to apr1. i like to get 2 good outdoor harvests before the non AF harvests early to late oct.

I plan on doing the same thing Midas. I have one RRF female right now in a cab. I have some RRF pollen I collected from a male and I plan on hitting up a few of the side buds with it to make enough seeds to grow two rounds of outdoor next summer.

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
Outside I hope = bigger plants, leafier, greater yield.

I have Sour 60 set for March...contemplating another strain too but can't decide...onyx perhaps.

I would say get those babies in big pots and let em rip it up!

JahsGarden

Mdanzig Blue Ryder

Mdanzig Blue Ryder

Hey guys,

I have a few quick questions re. this strain. I am new to autoflowering strains but not new to growing.

1. 18,20 or 24hrs for germ thru veg?
2. do they like hydro? or stick to organic soil?
3. I know they don't like nute overkill but how much is too much?
4. are they cloneable (i know LR is not cloneable)?
5. If not cloneable, are u able to get mature seeds from a pollinated female??

Thanks in advance!!

Mr.Meds

Hey guys,

I have a few quick questions re. this strain. I am new to autoflowering strains but not new to growing.

1. 18,20 or 24hrs for germ thru veg?
2. do they like hydro? or stick to organic soil?
3. I know they don't like nute overkill but how much is too much?
4. are they cloneable (i know LR is not cloneable)?
5. If not cloneable, are u able to get mature seeds from a pollinated female??

Thanks in advance!!

1.24/0 for the first 2-3 weeks then 20/4 is ideal. 20/4 works just as good just keep your lights close during those first few weeks
2.I've seen them grown in every method you can think of...Don't top/pinch them.
3.I never go more than a products recommendation, they respond quick and will tell you when is enough.
4.No they're not cloneable...well they are (I've done it) but definitely 100% NOT worth it
5.You can definitely get a good seed crop from a pollinated female.

ronbo51

Veteran
Anyone wondering about growing AF's outdoors, just go through the massive amount of info on Biggy Smalls outdoor grow. That should lay to rest any doubts.

autos are kick ass for outdoors any one with half a peanut rolling around where there brain usually is will be able to grow autos there that simple..

JahsGarden

Thank you Mr. Meds! I appreciate your response. I'm a medical patient suffering from digestive issues so I'm hoping the blueberry x helps.

Anglen

I've seen them grown in every method you can think of...Don't top/pinch them

New grower trying it all. Going to try Auto Fuel and want to do it right and everything is new to me. So pinch don't top? I understand the top but pinch is a new term and when.

Mr.Meds

New grower trying it all. Going to try Auto Fuel and want to do it right and everything is new to me. So pinch don't top? I understand the top but pinch is a new term and when.

When I said pinch I meant Top/Prune/Split. :xmasnut: sorry for any confusion.
I have pruned/topped a lot of strains of auto-flowers out of stubborn nature and the majority of the time it is flat out not worth it. It adds time and space while losing yield. If you insist, then the strain I have seen respond the best to it would be Himilaya Blue Diesel from Short Stuff Seeds. Top before the plant reveals it's sex or you'll yield even less.:watchplant:

Status
Not open for further replies.