What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Autoflower Buyers Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldnooby

She turned to just a bush of cola's by the harvest time. They were nice and hard and looked like a little field of Christmas trees.

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Hey everyone..
great plant oldnooby..
i am new to the autoflower grow thing so can anyone help?
i have just planted a seed that sprouted and was wondering what light cycle I should keep it on for the whole grow? Its an easy-ryder by the way and female

I am growing in a pc with 127 watts, I did have 147 watts but I just could'nt keep the heat where I wanted it. I have the temps now at a steady 77-78

I am seeing great results in this thread so thought it probably would be the right place to come!There is alot of great growers in this thread

Here are a few pics to better help.

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Thanks raz1012.. thanks for the info...
It just poked above ground now!.I'm taking pics as we speak so to say.. you can see it if you look really hard! sorry..just excited it has made it..I only germed 1 seed so thats not bad

I also discovered why it was getting hotter in my pc..the 120mm scrubber wasn't letting any air through so I took it off and its amazing the difference! I even was able to put in a 40 watt 2700k light with 2600 lumens...so now I have 9000 lumens total with 135 watts in there and the temps are only 76-77! SOOOO cool!

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
thanks oldnooby! are easyryders a good smoke?Any other strains you wonderful people have tried you would recommend for the next grow of mine?I'd like to order more seeds..
I got the easyryder from ***********

Last edited by a moderator:

oldnooby

Easyryder is ak47 auto x lowryder2 and is very good from the samples I've had. I have not grown this one myself yet but have the beans just waiting for their turn. I think from the looks of it that Sour 60 is going to be GREAT but might be a little large for your pc. Try Snowryder, Bluestreak, or any of the short stuff line. Good fast shipping and great quality on those short stuff. You might try the Russian Rocket Fuel from them. If you get the bush pheno then you could train it fill your pc cab from end to end. I should have done more work with this stain and plan to next year. It may be a perpetual bush. I found that the top buds were ripe and ready then when I would chop a few for testing the damn thing would pop out a brand new bud just keep on going. The top buds got ripe as the bottom buds were just half way and I probably could have just harvested the tops and kept it going forever. I let a single branch that I had seeded go for 14 weeks and it was still shooting out buds when I chopped it.

C

ChynaRyder

It may be a perpetual bush. I found that the top buds were ripe and ready then when I would chop a few for testing the damn thing would pop out a brand new bud just keep on going. The top buds got ripe as the bottom buds were just half way and I probably could have just harvested the tops and kept it going forever. I let a single branch that I had seeded go for 14 weeks and it was still shooting out buds when I chopped it.

Wow, sounds like this could be the perfect pain control plant. How long did it take for the first wave of top buds to be ripe? Did you truly get the impression that this plant would function as a perennial? How cool would it be to have a plant that just sat there in a corner of the grow room and continually throw out high quality bud...I am very interested to hear more about the possibilities of this plant. Since you are doing some testing for short stuff, do you know if they have had similar experiences with this plant?

C

ChynaRyder

I think I'll be right behind you:joint: Although I would like to know the frequency that this pheno shows up. Wonder if one pack of seeds would be sufficient to find it?

oldnooby

Sorry for the delay, I have been busy. Yes I got the inpression that the plant just refused to die. I had heard that auto's only lived a few weeks and then would die off if left go but this one would not die. I even found that for the last weeks of it's life before I chopped the seeded branch that I had plugged it's air pump into the wrong power strip and it was only getting air for 16 hours a day. Still didn't die and was budding from the bottom of the one branch that was left on for seed. The main stem was the size of a half dollar. I got lucky with my pack of RRF beans, got three females and two males. All the females were the bush pheno. I did the other two females in soil and they did very well but not as well as the one in hydro, it was a monster and I should have let her go but I only have one cab and It would no longer fit in it, and had to be finished in a bedroom. I hope the breeder can get this bush stable, if so we are in for a whole new world of autoflowers.

C

ChynaRyder

Thanks for the reply, old nooby. Is the breeder indeed working on stabilizing this pheno? May be best that i wait a bit for this work to take place, as this pheno would be the only reason I would be purchasing yet more seeds.

oldnooby

I have spoken with them about it and they were suprised by the results I obtained and asked me to try some other strains they offer. They have the grow data but I don't know how high it is on their list of things to do. They are coming out with even more strains and I will be doing a grow for them after the holidays. It will be on here in Jan 2010. I will also be working to get the bush stable for my own use next summer.

Mr.Meds

Awesome. I'll cross my fingers and hope I find that pheno out of a 5 pack... Unlikely but not impossible! The short stuff #1 is awesome, it has nice big coalas that frost up nicely!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts