What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto Zamaldelica feminized

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks guys :wave: Glad to see Auto Zamaldelica sprouting in your gardens!

Old fark, 1-1.5 meters, depending on growing conditions and size of the pot. The taller more sativa phenos can reach up to 2 meters when planted directly in soil in perfect conditions.

Anyone suggest how big this strain would get outdoor in reasonable conditions in pots?
Temperate coastal.?????

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
I have always sucked badly growing autos, ending always with dwarfs, or much smaller plants than the ones I see being grown here, my best one a 1 meter tall Auto Malawi.

Let's see how I pull these two, this is the first time I sow autos in coco, straight in huge pots (for coco, 20L) outdoors.

picture.php

Facing East.

So far, incredible vigor, these are fast!

chronosync

Well-stoned member
I have always sucked badly growing autos, ending always with dwarfs, or much smaller plants than the ones I see being grown here, my best one a 1 meter tall Auto Malawi.

Let's see how I pull these two, this is the first time I sow autos in coco, straight in huge pots (for coco, 20L) outdoors.

View Image

Facing East.

So far, incredible vigor, these are fast!

I always wanted to do some straight coco pots outside. Cool!

I'll bet you get some good size plants!

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
One of these days I'm gonna learn me that metric stuff.

20L = 5.2Gal. :tiphat: Wouldn't it be cool, if the own forum (when selecting then mouseover or alike) did the conversions?

chronosync your zams look spectacular! Superhealthy!

chronosync said:
Auto zam went outside a bit earlier than I had planned and I'm glad I did because the tap roots had hit bottom and were starting to circle.

Yessss! It caught me off guard, these girls are really fast and vigorous, I screwed the first sowing because I sow to small pot indoors thinking on bringing them later outdoors. and repot.. wrong decision.

First thing these auto zams do is throwing the tap root like crazy, if they hit bottom (and they will superquick on a 1-4L / Up to 1+ Gal) they start elongaaating... and usually stem ends up shriveling.

Managed to screw three recently, they were super spindly already and a reached 37C in the shadows on a short heat wave... all dead. Did a thorough post-mortem. :spanky:

I always have been advised to sow directly in big pots, with Auto Zam, this is not an option, but a requirement I'd say, no matter if repotting in coco usually produces zero repotting shock/stall; they sense how much space they have available really early by throwing the tap root.

I find she's superfast, which means less room for error, but also the potential of regular/big sized plants and yield... as I manage myself much better in coco than in soil (still learning coco outdoors, completely different ballgame) thought it will be an accelerated self-training of sorts vs soil where I'm always wondering why they're "slow" or where did I screwup...

In addition to big pots, they need sun (high light intensity) almost since sprouting... I wasn't that comfy, sun here is rather strong, hence the "greenhouse roof" of sorts to spare them some UV; really apparent now how they're thriving under such strong light intensity.

Really happy so far, first time I see seedlings developing so fast!

chronosync

Well-stoned member
20L = 5.2Gal. :tiphat: Wouldn't it be cool, if the own forum (when selecting then mouseover or alike) did the conversions?

chronosync your zams look spectacular! Superhealthy!

Yessss! It caught me off guard, these girls are really fast and vigorous, I screwed the first sowing because I sow to small pot indoors thinking on bringing them later outdoors. and repot.. wrong decision.

First thing these auto zams do is throwing the tap root like crazy, if they hit bottom (and they will superquick on a 1-4L / Up to 1+ Gal) they start elongaaating... and usually stem ends up shriveling.

Managed to screw three recently, they were super spindly already and a reached 37C in the shadows on a short heat wave... all dead. Did a thorough post-mortem. :spanky:

I always have been advised to sow directly in big pots, with Auto Zam, this is not an option, but a requirement I'd say, no matter if repotting in coco usually produces zero repotting shock/stall; they sense how much space they have available really early by throwing the tap root.

I find she's superfast, which means less room for error, but also the potential of regular/big sized plants and yield... as I manage myself much better in coco than in soil (still learning coco outdoors, completely different ballgame) thought it will be an accelerated self-training of sorts vs soil where I'm always wondering why they're "slow" or where did I screwup...

In addition to big pots, they need sun (high light intensity) almost since sprouting... I wasn't that comfy, sun here is rather strong, hence the "greenhouse roof" of sorts to spare them some UV; really apparent now how they're thriving under such strong light intensity.

Really happy so far, first time I see seedlings developing so fast!

Thank you, Repuk!
I got very lucky with the timing it seems! I appreciate you're feedback and sharing your experiences growing these, it helps having some sort of compass because boy am I in unfamiliar territory! Thank you :)

I had been watching the weather and we were set for some warm nights, so they went out. I also was keeping a tarp on them and some light wind breaks to try to baby them a little for the first week but we got hurricane type thunderstorms two days later and it took my tarp off. I had to run out there and un-tie it before it did any damage. Since then I haven't put the trap back, especially seeing how they survived the storm and seem to absolutely love the sun. They're doing just fine on their own and are growing every day :) Which is amazing to me because I have no idea what I'm doing. I've always paid some attention to outdoor and soil grows here on the mag because I try to learn about all aspects of growing and I like seeing how other people do things even if it's not my thing, but there is no substitute for real experience and in an outdoor cannabis garden I have close to none.

I'm definitely enjoying growing these!

paisajedehierba

week 8 from seed

week 8 from seed

Both plants are healthy. Small pots at the beginning and often cloudy cool weather since transplantation are making for relatively small plants (70cm and 50cm).The smell isn´t that characeristic up to date (slightly floral and spicy). The smaller plant is showing thinner leaves and less branching at the same time. I guess both will gain a few decimeters height during further flower development. Indoors Auto Zam needed round about 90 day from seed to harvest (17/7 light/dark). Outdoors in summer 2020 in my area it could be perhaps a little longer.

Attachments

• Auto Zam 1_ height 70cm.jpg
    Auto Zam 1_ height 70cm.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 63
  • Auto Zam 1_flowering week 3.jpg
    Auto Zam 1_flowering week 3.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Auto Zam 2_height 50 cm_slighly thinner leaves.jpg
    Auto Zam 2_height 50 cm_slighly thinner leaves.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 64
  • Auto Zam 2_flowering end of week 2.jpg
    Auto Zam 2_flowering end of week 2.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 60

paisajedehierba

3 days later_stretchy branches

3 days later_stretchy branches

Only three days after the last visit Auto Zam 2 puts energy in the growth of the side branches. Two of them are nearly 15cm longer now and their internodial distance increases:). The Bottom branches have put on 5cm. If the stretch lasts longer, the side branche will overtake the main shot, that seems already to focus on flower development.
Auto Zam 1 develops more evenly in all facets.

Attachments

• 06-13-2020_Auto Zam 2_main shot and small side branches.jpg
    06-13-2020_Auto Zam 2_main shot and small side branches.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 06-16-2020_AutoZam 1_2.jpg
    06-16-2020_AutoZam 1_2.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 59
  • 06-16-2020_Auto Zam 2_two branches are stretching suddenly2.jpg
    06-16-2020_Auto Zam 2_two branches are stretching suddenly2.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 06-16-2020_Auto Zam 2_two branches are stretching suddenly.jpg
    06-16-2020_Auto Zam 2_two branches are stretching suddenly.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 06-16-2020_Auto Zam 1_little main bud in forth week of flowering - Kopie.jpg
    06-16-2020_Auto Zam 1_little main bud in forth week of flowering - Kopie.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 55

chronosync

Well-stoned member
I should have noted when I popped the bean, but this is about 7-8 days from seed pop and push through peat pellets. I just transplanted to this container about 40L. Never really put such a tiny plant in so much soil but I’m hoping it will enjoy the room to grow.

View Image

View Image

Yeah man! Good going getting her in a pot early you'll be glad you did.

I felt the same way when I put mine out - and they were about a week along from yours - but still so tiny and totally dwarfed by the pot. Same size too about 10 gal

Don't worry these grow quick as hell once they get going and it looks like you're off to a great start!

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran

Yours look great chronosync and thank you so much for the positive feedback. Nervous with her in such a big container but yours are looking great after a few more weeks in. I’ve just started it outdoors but we’re gloomy weather now, so I’m putting her under the indoor lights after a couple hours dark. Right now around 18-20 hours. Hoping it can help to beef up the growth so when the full summer sun hits, I’m in business.

When do you anticipate they will start flower...another month?

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Hey thanks, man. I've been lucky lucky with the weather and some timing of things worked out in my favor. I appreciate the kind words.

Mine are starting to flower, like clockwork according to breeders descrip. 4-5 weeks and mine here are showing pistils and getting that look - starting to branch out - looking beautifully pissed off and spikey

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
One week from last photos. Not a lot going on up top but I’m hoping she is spending time working on a nice root system for a happy harvest.

picture.php

I had a male F-13 that was pretty much an auto flower. Given most of DJ’s F-13 males are sterile, I didn’t think a whole lot of it...but collected a little pollen and mixed it with flower and placed it in the freezer. I may be regretting not trying to save more as it looks like the pollen may have seeded a Strawberry Diesel that seemed to want to be a little bit on the auto side. Maybe being around the male coaxed a small amount of flowers. It really looks like I may have seeds forming though it’s still pretty early. I tried saving the F-13 male but it doesn’t look like that’s to be.

I really want to play around with the auto pollen. Cross to the female F-13 since I have one going. And then cross to this auto Zamaldelica. Assume it would be pretty much 100% autoflower male/female progeny. My other two auto Zam’s didn’t make it in my old evil soil mix. So...fingers crossed that this could be a sweet cross and fun for those situations where auto is a benefit.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Budding Zamaldelica

Budding Zamaldelica

Hello all,
My Auto Zamaldelica is 39 days from a seed with a tap root. It's now almost a meter or 3' tall and has buds on it!
This is the fastest flowering plant I have ever grown. Dubi this is a beautiful work of art for northern growers. My deepest gratitude for this gem brother! This picture is 4 1/2 days from first pistols.
Peace farmerlion :flowers2:

Attachments

• 20200703_122638.jpg
    20200703_122638.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 64

Latest posts

Latest posts