What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

auto mazar in dwc + l.e.d

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
amazing shot skotty, congrats for the staff that look'n stellar..as usual!!!
thanks for share the high class grower!!!

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
cheers for the comments guys here we have some weights

i had to weigh her in 2 lots

first set of weights are as follows

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

8oz from the first batch but ive still got this amount left to weigh

picture.php

2nd lot now on the scales

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

just under 6 1/2 oz

here is a pic of the 2nd lot on the scales and the 1st lot back in the box

picture.php

in total thats 14 1/2 oz - 2oz (im being generous) for stalk gives me 12 1/2 oz

350g divided by 300 = 1.16 g per watt from 1 AUTO straight grown under l.e.d

cheers for staying by for the journey and ill probably catch you all on my next adventure

peace

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
oustanding skotty, later i will be updating my LED Grams Per Watt thread and adding this thread to it...

:tiphat: nice job sir...

TheGreenBastard

Assistant Weekend Trailer Park Superviser
Veteran
You might hold the record for the highest yielding AF ever. ~14oz is unheard of considering ~14g was the norm until recently. I was impressed by that Sour 60 you ran a while back but this has more than doubled those numbers. Keep this up and you'll be hitting 2g/w in no time :biggrin:.

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
So heres my question regarding the LED and yield... will you ever be able to outdo that? Aside from the tent limitations (lets ignore that) can you really get a better effective area for growing in, since the LED has such a straight shooting light? I know that the LED is producing intense buds in a small space, but aside from expert care, its mainly do to the fact that you have lots of lumens per square meter. I think that concentrated light is not luck, rather good planning, but how will you plan to increase with this system?

Nice job, those flowers are really unique, and the root mass is just amazing. Id still only allow personal judging to see if that AutoFlav is bred out, but anecdotal evidence will be considered, considering...

TheGreenBastard

Assistant Weekend Trailer Park Superviser
Veteran
Nice pics. Please could u tell me how many lumens has that led panel ?

Thank you

Lumens are a largely irrelevant measurement in reference to LEDs as luminous flux is the measure of perceived light by the human eye. Since LEDs have more specific wavelengths their respective lumen output is relatively low (due to the limitations of the eye) while plants actually receive more useable light than alternatives such as HIDs and CFLs of the same wattage.

Therefore a better question to ask would be the panels wattage, the diodes wattage, angle, wavelength(s), etc.

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
So heres my question regarding the LED and yield... will you ever be able to outdo that? Aside from the tent limitations (lets ignore that) can you really get a better effective area for growing in, since the LED has such a straight shooting light? I know that the LED is producing intense buds in a small space, but aside from expert care, its mainly do to the fact that you have lots of lumens per square meter. I think that concentrated light is not luck, rather good planning, but how will you plan to increase with this system?

Nice job, those flowers are really unique, and the root mass is just amazing. Id still only allow personal judging to see if that AutoFlav is bred out, but anecdotal evidence will be considered, considering...

this was a straight grow with no training topping or fimming or screens used, my space was indeed tight and i couldnt postion the light above the plant

my current grow has 2 plants in dwc with 2 screens for lst if everything goes well i should beat this yield ;)

also looking back i could of scrogged both the mazars and got a bigger reward, i never imagined them to get that big, also if you look at the leaves closest to the light you will see that they are all bleached through light sturation and would of slowed growth cause my light was to close, nothing i could of done about this

noway did i unlock the true potenial of this mazar but like i say 2 of these under a screen and i bet i could pull 30 zips dry from 300 watts of l.e.d easy

Last edited:

CrazyCanuck75

Bravo man, you killed it with that LED. They can obviously grow the dank, now the price needs to come down. When I can LED lights for $1 a watt, I'm in. Good luck on the next grow, I think the scrog is going to help your yield immensely, though this grow had a pretty great yield for 1 panel.

D

DXTR

hat down man! your led grow are always eye candy, and what beautiful results! but... 100 days! I'm growing $now $torm #2 by dp (their name for or@nge sk.), am I suppose to wait that long??

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
hat down man! your led grow are always eye candy, and what beautiful results! but... 100 days! I'm growing $now $torm #2 by dp (their name for or@nge sk.), am I suppose to wait that long??

i have no idea fella, email them and ask them

i dont think ive seen anybody grow that strain on here, i know what you mean about the length of time though and she would be better suited for outdoors imho

if the worst comes to the worst google is your best friend ;)

cheers

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
i was proper miffed about the auto thing as well, after 18 days they showed sex but didnt kick into flower untill week 4 and 5, i was looking around the net to see if anybody else had this exact same issue and it turns out its a common thing with the auto mazar

i even emailed dp and they said the will start to flower week 4-5 which is exactly what happened

im not sure if its just the auto mazar that does this but obviously the longer veg before the autoflowering thing gives you more yield, the possibilities for that sort of genetics are endless for outdoor growing

cheers

D

DXTR

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to skotty again.

priceless mate! this info alone helps me a lot, in fact my SS#2 flowered along all others auto strains I have atm, being sweetseeds' speedevil 2 and maxi gom. they all sprouted the same day and flowered also alltogether.

tanx again you and sorry for the ot.

C

cheesey

cheers for the comments guys here we have some weights

i had to weigh her in 2 lots

first set of weights are as follows

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

8oz from the first batch but ive still got this amount left to weigh

picture.php

2nd lot now on the scales

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

just under 6 1/2 oz

here is a pic of the 2nd lot on the scales and the 1st lot back in the box

picture.php

in total thats 14 1/2 oz - 2oz (im being generous) for stalk gives me 12 1/2 oz

350g divided by 300 = 1.16 g per watt from 1 AUTO straight grown under l.e.d

cheers for staying by for the journey and ill probably catch you all on my next adventure

peace

am i missing something that bud isnt dry right ? and leafy

as it was chopped on 11.05.11 and weight photos were added on 11.07.11

most people do there final weights dry after 7 to 14 days drying .

350g wet after drying 70% wet loss= 105g dry ish

Last edited: