What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

auto mazar in dwc + l.e.d

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Wow Skotty! What is the ambient temp in your room? I run the 126w original penetrator in a 2x2 tent with extraction and my temps sit around 82f. The ambient temp that the room is in is roughly 78f. Do you think that a larger model penetrator runs at a higher temp than the 126w? I am thinking about upgrading to the x-gen.

DD

GREAT INFO as usual skotty! BTW what kind of LED panel are you using??? As I am thinking of going LED in my small 2' x 2' and 4' x 4' tents!!! was thinking about those Blackstars 240w

im gonna answer both questions together

i use the penertrator lights from hydrogrow and i have 2 which are 1 x 345 watt 1 watt diodes and the new 189 x gen 3watt diodes, the 345 is quiter than the 189 x gen but they both run at about the same operating temp

biggest thing with l.e.d lights is getting the right distance above your plants, i think the recommened distance for my panels is 12" - 24" ive currently got the gen x panel less than 10" away and its bleached all the leaves and is probably slowing down the mazars growth but there is nothing i can do about this as its to late in the game

next round i wanna run both panels on a flip flop timer of 10 hours each and keep my plants lower by anymeans possible, ive already made some upsidedown scrogs ready for my next grow

picture.php

picture.php

my plan is dwc with lst and l.e.d lol and i should hit over 1g per watt with autos and this style of growing but thats gonna be a whole other thread ;)

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
looking forward to any new grows/threads skotty... great job !!!

uptosumpn

Veteran
BOOMBASTIC, SOUNDS FANTASTIC...Especially the scrog idea???? Hmmmmmm???? maybe a net ova my AF-SOG???? tryin to get maximum buddage with that lil azz 150hps....peace.

*mr.mike*

massive debate about full spectrum lights which really baffles me, plants only use the light emitted in the par spectrum so i can not see any benefit of having a full spectrum light

i would love to see a grow using a top end l.e.d light vs hps vs plasma and see which comes out on top, watt for watt l.e.d will out yield hps but the price of decent panels puts many growers off, in time the price of l.e.d lights will come down and you will see people moving over from hps to l.e.d in my honest opinion, most of a hps lights energy is wasted in heat where as a l.e.d light is 100% usueable light

cheers for the comments

There is some info, including links to science papers indicating that full-spectrum is beneficial, one such paper indicated that including green light in bright light situations increased iomass yield 10%, and other wavelengts can augment growth. There are "white LEDs" that provide some of these (not required, nut beneficial) wavelengths.

I don't understand the high price of LED fixtures. You definitiely do not get what you pay for, if you compare it to the cost, and results, of an easy DIY project. It's not rocket science to wire up a bunch of lights amd make good buds!

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Awesome grow you've got going. That LED proved itself with that monster Mazar tree you had in that tent. Keep up the good work.

-Funk

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
cheers for the comments guys ;)

day 92 from seed

almost at the finish line now...

she is back on her normal feed of just canna aqua / carbo-load / superior potash and her ec is .9 ph 6.0

ive had to tie her up once again as her buds start to pull her over as she packs on weight in the final stages

here are a few shots of where im at

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 97 from seed

the mazars trichs are now cloudy so im just topping up her res with fresh water and slowly bringing her ec down to 0 so she is just on a full flush

this grow has been a massive learning curve and ive learnt quite a lot of new stuff but i wouldnt wanna grow a plant for this long again if i can help it, i like my 10 week seed to weed strains best

shots

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

typical flawless grow again by you, but a 100 days? at some point even u must be getting bored running autos, whats the point when they take longer then reg seeds to finish?? higher light cost?

J

joejusttyped

It took longer because it was a shitty dp auto, bub

Nice job skotty

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think this Mazar is meant for outdoor, or more ideally suited to outdoor anyway.

Good grow nevertheless!

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
totaly agree with the above coments, i think she would work well outdoors and the size she gets indoors does require some training unless you have lots of room, i had to complete this grow because it was one of them "ive started so ill finish", im only using 300 watts of electric so its no really biggy, its not like im growing autos under 600 watt hps

the mazar represents the original/non auto in every way as she still takes 8-9 weeks to flower the only dofference is the extension of the auto flowering trait, to get a plant to veg for 5 weeks before flowering does hold some major potenial for big yield and outdoor growing and if you could pass that onto other autos you would see some monster autos being grown outdoors

like i stated above i prefer my 10 week seed to weed autos but this has been a really intresring grow for myself, i never get bored of autos cause they are so addictive to grow and i love blowing them up, i have a few more autos that i wanna run but then i might flip to regular seeds and do 12/12 from go in hydro

2012 will be the year of 12/12 from seed for me lol

cheers for the comments though i always appreciate them wether they are good or bad, i might get some final pics up before harvest but ill definatly be back for a weigh in :)

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
ok guys this is probably the last pics you will get too see of my dp mazar before harvest, looking back over this grow id say she is a really nice strain to grow, she dosent reuquire much matinence whatsover its literally just plug and play, im not sure if she has any purple aghani in here lineage but as you are about to see in my pics she is pushing through some purple which is a really nice added touch to finish off her life cycle with

pics

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
very, very nice job :tiphat:

look forward to bud shots, smoke and yield report... ;)

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
cheers for the comments guys as always

the mazar is finally down, here are some pics of how we ended up ;)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

i got a lot more than what i was expecting but all in all in i dont think its to bad for an auto

THC123

Veteran
the mazar represents the original/non auto in every way as she still takes 8-9 weeks to flower the only dofference is the extension of the auto flowering trait, t

def wanna try her in the greenhouse

Does she resemble the non auto mazar aroma wise?