What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto Malawi x Northern Lights Feminized

HerbBert

But I think plant 4 has less time to go, what do you guys think ? I might start a flush on her as I gave her a feed last Thursday and I dont want any salts in the buds at harvest.

Last edited:

orfeas

Veteran
Just eight weeks from sprouting this tiny little plant doesn't cease to amaze me... oye dubi, a blink of an eye, eh?
The scope is showing ambers already...it looks as if it's going to be ready in a couple of weeks, maximal... :biggrin:
On a side note, it's behaving like its sister with the intense pine apple smell receding and them leaves becoming brittle...the harvested one had almost no leaf tips, no burns, just broken off...
As for feeding, just some honey and seeweed powder once or twice so far...

:tiphat:orfeas

Attachments

• P1100561.jpg
    P1100561.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 36
  • P1100563.jpg
    P1100563.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 29

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Orfeas, nice looking ladies! I always enjoy seeing your grows. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
July 14th Update

July 14th Update

Hey all, just wanted to post a couple pictures of my girls this week.

That's it for this week, I will see you next week with another update. Peace :tiphat:

deepwaterdude

Whoa, it really pays to take a week off the site. Orf and farmerlion, absolutely gorgeous babes and so nice to see alongside vegging girls. amazing. Almost full sizers, too. They might even get too dense with 18 hour light. Great job.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hey Deep, Thank you. While I have seen a gain in mass this past week. The color has almost gone to a silver look from a few feet away. The trichomes they have put on is impressive to me. I'm also very happy to see seed pods developing new life. I was hoping the two Lebanese I culled had a chance to work their magic. They did, so I will have some seed to see how they develop in the greenhouse. I will run a few of these seeds next season in the greenhouse and outside. Should still be an early plant in flowering with a little CBD possibly??? Peace

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
ACE destroyed my pre-conceptions about fem vs regulars and now is destroying my pre-conception regarding autos... ladies look impressive!

Thinking on a greenhouse on autumn, plus these ladies if autumn-winter were like previous year, they'll thrive...

Whose phenos are these? My guess would be farmerlion's fat lady is an indica pheno, the huge orfeas one is indica/sativa and the second farmerlion photo would be a sativa pheno?

Impressive examples of, such phenos more precisely :tiphat:

Azure

Here's another Auto Malawi x NL
You can see two Neville's Haze x Malawi in the red cups. I'll put one outside this week!
picture.php

orfeas

Veteran
here come the donk and the donklets

dubi, what was that thing you said about shark fin leaves?

sad thing I spotted a mildly rotten lower bud...removed it along with its twin one...but otherwise the miniature of a lady is fabulous and scrumptious...

Attachments

• P1100593.jpg
    P1100593.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 24
  • P1100594.jpg
    P1100594.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 23

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
July 19th Auto update

July 19th Auto update

Hello my friends.
Well I have a day off in the middle of the week. WOOWEED !!!
I get to hang out with the girls and do some updates. Here is some pictures of my Auto's enjoying the sun.

I hope you all have a great up coming weekend. I don't plan to harvest these any time soon. I'm going to let them go for some time yet and see what they do. The seed pods are swelling up nicely. I haven't squeezed any yet to see if they actually have seed.
If they do it will be from one of the two Lebanese males I had.
Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
July 22nd update

July 22nd update

Hello my friends.
Here is two more recent pictures of the Auto Malawi x Northern Lights I have going this season.

Dubi, thank you my friend for these great genetics. I'm certainly looking forward to trying a few of your other Auto crosses.
I plan on moving a few of the 35 gallon bags outside for next season and single planting 5 or 6 auto's. I want to get more 45 gallon bags for inside. They will most likely get double planted. I have most of next season's grow planned for inside the greenhouse.
With space for only 19 bags inside, double planting is a must. The greenhouse grow next season will be a complete new line up of genetics.
Happy growing my friends, Peace

ULMW

Stunning job Farmer Lion. Glad you like the plants. I really did , too as did those who tried.Really resinous and lot more power than autos tend to be. Happy growing and best wishes to you and the family.

Ska'd 4 life

Some stunning plants grown by all in here, very pleasing on the eye, thankyou all! really making me want to invest in some of these! For those of you that have had it in a jar for a while, How prevalent is the Malawi in your end product? Not knocking the merits of NL but there are a lot of auto crosses with NL out there already, The thought of growing something as exotic as Malawi in auto form is definitely appealing! Also the crosses that dubi say's ace are working on sound off the scale exotic if they come to fruition! If they come off they'll definitely be taking auto's to new places.

Consolidated

Hi all
I got 3 auto Mal. The #1 totally NL, #2 indica/ sativa pheno and the most interesting #3 (the only one in autopot) a sativa/ indica pheno. She's started flowering at 5th week of life and have a month into flowering . She's close to 1.5 m tall after crash the mainstream. Nose is something between pineapple or mango juice maybe a peach tone too, and unbelievable resins produced.
Some photos

Attachments

• 20180723_110806.jpg
    20180723_110806.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 20180724_161802.jpg
    20180724_161802.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20180723_145920.jpg
    20180723_145920.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 19

deepwaterdude

Farmerlion and Conso - very nice! Farmerlion, I love the beautiful vegging plants next to the almost ready autos. I definitely regret not following through on a couple of these while me other girls get going. dee

orfeas

Veteran
Farmerlion and Conso - very nice! Farmerlion, I love the beautiful vegging plants next to the almost ready autos. I definitely regret not following through on a couple of these while me other girls get going. dee

hehehe the scheme got through to the public in fair due time...all one had to do was follow up...next time we' ll have to orchestrate the scene making sure no instrument is missing be it string or wind or percussion...the chairs fall into the last category... :biggrin:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
7-25 update

7-25 update

Hey Deep, not trying to rub any salt in your wound. Maybe this will be a little inspiration until your next grow. Peace brother

Have a great day my friends! Peace :tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
here come the donk and the donklets

dubi, what was that thing you said about shark fin leaves?

sad thing I spotted a mildly rotten lower bud...removed it along with its twin one...but otherwise the miniature of a lady is fabulous and scrumptious...

Hi orfeas,

Excellent job, friend. The Auto Malawi x NLs F3 seem to have worked very well in your garden and outdoor conditions, despite the occasional mold spots in late flowering due to the high moisture. Really fat and resinous colas. :yes: You got the big yielding pear-smelling sativa dominant phenos i like the most.

The 'shark fin' curling of the leaves upwards is a sign of excessive PK or excessive hot temps, or both. It also happened this year in our outdoor Auto Malawi x NLs when they had to face temps of 45-50ºC 8 hours per day. I think is the rudelaris genetics of the hybrid, which are more sensible to extreme hot temps, traditionally rudelaris strains come from northern latitudes with colder climates, but anyway like yours, the flowers of our Auto Malawi x NLs really fattened up massively and produced great resin production despite the stress on the leaves.

Latest posts

Latest posts