What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto Malawi x Northern Lights Feminized

G

Hehe,it is true that almost always the pics are better than the dough :biggrin: I could improve that by shooting worse pics :laughing:

That's a beautiful chunky gal ya got there compadre.I will not go by trichs,I'll just go by intuition and fade stage...The most ready has LOTS of amber,but I'll let her go on a little longer.A budlet is drying as we speak though ;)

Edit-I couldn't resist and threw the semi dried bud in the vape and I got a very clear energetic buzz.Not strong but definitely there...Got my hopes up!:yummy:

Bleiweis

Veteran
Bellow you can see three of my autos from the ACE seeds line. This is my first experience with AF plants. From the first picture you can see the dimensions and the various phenotypes i've got.

Plants were germinated on 21.April and later on planted directly into their final pots (30L). Soil mix was "the best" you can buy around here and nothing else. I did not add any guano, myco or other additives/supplements. Flowering initiated as expected. 2 phenos started to flower 4 weeks after germination- the small indica and the medium size hybrid phenos that is. The third one which was the tallest (let's call it sativa pheno) started to flower about 10 days later. No (or very little) stretch on the indica pheno, about 50% stretch on the hybrid pheno and 100% stretch on the sativa pheno.

Sativa and hybrid pheno's seemed hungry as the leaves started to yellow mid flowering. I've added some N and also applied BC line 2x a week. I've also feed the indica pheno with the same regiment and that wasn't a very good idea. She developed some kind of deficiency- probably due to pH problems. My "rain water" flows down a cement roof and has a high pH (8.5+). Later on i managed to lower that to pH 6.5 with PH down. So from my experience the indica pheno is sensitive and not that hungry while the other two phenos don't mind extra food and suboptimal water pH.

Indica and hybrid pheno buds are compact for the given lineage. Indica pheno strangely seems to be more resistant to mold as my hybrid pheno started to mold in the past days. Sativa buds are not yet that developed that i could speak of bud structure. Hybrid and sativa buds have a common fruity smell while indica buds include coffee and skunky smells also.

Currently we have high humidity and "april" weather which isn't all that suited for flowering. If sunny weather comes back i think the hybrid pheno will be done in about 10-14 days, indica pheno 14-21days and sativa pheno in about 28 days. Buds start out in the typical bottle shaped growth and produce fox tails if you let them do it. Not that hard to grow and perfect for small spaces like app.buildings etc.

Bud pictures are from the medium-middle-hybrid pheno. Bud was picked off at about 6 weeks (40days).

picture.php

View image in gallery

picture.php

View image in gallery

picture.php

View image in gallery

picture.php

View image in gallery

picture.php

View image in gallery

Koondense

Veteran
Excellent post!
The stretchy pheno rules, I wish all autos were big like that one
:plant grow:

Happy smokes my friend ;)

The English Cut

Hi folks, time for my yearly post on icmag lol. These here are the two best Auto Malawi/NL fom the garden, there's another slightly smaller plant that for some reason I didn't photograph. About a month after germination, the weather has been wet and cloudy but I'm very happy with them so far, I've got 3 of these and 3 Mephisto autos on the go and they're all pretty much keeping pace with each other. I started a few other autos from seedbanks that I won't name, but they've all been culled as runts or mutants... ain't nobody got time for that! These are all in 15 litre air pots, recycled soil amended with homemade compost btw. Big thanks to Dubi for the seeds.
:tiphat:
Peace TEC

Ksaderfo

Mine is bagged guys...

All of the buds were completely swollen.. the trichs were pearly.. the pistils had mostly retracted.. didn't see too many amber but ..

After the 4-5 days it needed drying now about half of trichs are amber..

The taste is dusty.. not very fruity .. but there is some fruit in there..

the high is .. how to put it nicely.. LETHAL! :biggrin: , after the second joint you get that nice "ya ganna die brah" effect. :biggrin:

The whole plant went down in one chop and the final yield for dry was 3 0.5l jars full.. Which is the only way to count bud imho.. By volume and not weight..

There was zero pop corn. even the lower branches produced hefty and dense buds..

Might make some pictures later! :thank you:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Thanks for sharing guys, very nice looking ladies. Mine are filling in nicely. I will post more pictures here as time permits. Peace

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I was trying to be patient and I couldn't help myself and decided to smoke some of the small tiny buds. Right away i noticed seeds on every pheno i smoked today so I expect to see plenty more when it's done.So far none of these four plants i tried even caught me a buzz. Granted i smoke between 3.5 to 7 grams a day so I'm no lightweight. I trimmed 1 more plant today and noticed at least 10 male flowers on it. I'm quite disappointed in this seed investment and hopefully my other outdoor plants reward me.

Hi highroller614,

I'm very sorry to hear one of your Auto Malawi x NLs did hermie and pollinated the rest of the plants. We grew last season hundreds of Auto Malawi x NLs F3 (from all the best different lines that were finally released) and although a few showed nanners in very late flowering (less than 5%) the harvest remained sinsemilla (unseeded), and the outcome and quality was good, otherwise Auto Malawi x NL wouldn't be released.

Regarding their low potency, fresh harvested flowers still hold most their THC potential in THCA. Cannabis flowers need drying, curing and decarboxylation process (with combustion, vaping, etc ... ) so the THCA becomes THC and the flowers reach their potential in psychoactivity. Terpenes also need a proper drying and curing process to provide a satisfying experience. That's why i always recommend to do a proper curing of the harvests before judge the new strains recently harvested.

I apologize for your disappointment, please pm or email me and i will offer you a replacement.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Some bud shots as the final days are drawing near....

The short one,going down in about a week...The least resinous of the bunch.

View ImageView Image

The stretchy ,needs 2-3 weeks.

View Image

The middle one...Has some PCK like smells.Found a few spider mites on her,so this might speed up harvest.10 days - 2 weeks.

View ImageView Image

Nice Syd :)

I really like the way you have taken care of your Auto Malawi x NLs until their last stage of flowering. They look healthy, green and well developed. I especially like the last pheno with stronger Malawi influence. Hope those beautiful colas get a bit more resinous and stock on rich terpenes before harvest time. ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
P.S. A week ago the older auto gave off a very strong pine apple smell but now it's turned a little heavier...the younger one follows its sibling's footsteps both in structure and smell...

Hi orfeas,

I think is wise and mature to wait until you can experience by yourself from first hand experience and without prejudices before decide whether you like this Auto release or not. You will probably prefer the non autoflowering Malawi hybrids you are currently growing, but this Auto Malawi x NL release has also its own place, especially to be able to harvest around summer solstice without the need of forcing the flowering. Hope you can also find positive things from this autoflowering after finishing the grow and curing process.

Honestly, I really like the Auto Malawi x NL phenos you have in hands and how are they evolving in flowering. Looks like you got mainly the fruity sativa/indica phenos, these are usually my favorite regarding quality and final yield.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Excited to see the out crosses to other elite genetics! Nothing like a zam/Mal/pan/auto hybrid to give the genre a real try!

Thanks for the encouragement low and slow :)

This Auto Malawi x NL F3 release is just our first approach to autoflowering breeding, and since we are breeding them from the scratch it takes time (years and many generations of breeding) to refine them.

I'm also very excited about the potential of the new Auto Zamaldelica and Auto Panama, hopefully we can reach something sativa and really unique for the autoflowering breeding scene.

The new autofloweing strains are still being developed but so far i'm quite happy with the intermediate breeding steps. I will keep you all updated as soon as we get new interesting results with other autoflowering lines.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello all, my Auto Malawi x Northern Lights just started flowering.
Peace :tiphat:

Hi farmerlion :)

I just saw the pics of your Auto Malawi x NLs taken on 1st July in your own thread and my Goddess! What a difference since this update from 15 days ago, they are gaining weight really fast and in a good way! ;)
Interesting phenos, one is the taller sativa/indica pheno that others are also growing here in the forums. The smaller one, despite its size, doesn't look like the very indica NL pheno, it's more like a smaller sized sativa/indica pheno.

We will be able to identify more influences from their different parental plants in the second month of flowering. Keep up the good work! :tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Auto Malawi x Northern Lights 10 days of growth.
I put one outdoors with some Malawi x PCK, Malawi and PNG.
I'll have to get some pics and see how the Auto does outside!
View Image View Image

Excellent Azure ;)

Glad to see you are also growing some Auto Malawi x NLs this outdoor season :) Please, keep us updated with your progresses. Thanks!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Bellow you can see three of my autos from the ACE seeds line. This is my first experience with AF plants. From the first picture you can see the dimensions and the various phenotypes i've got.

Plants were germinated on 21.April and later on planted directly into their final pots (30L). Soil mix was "the best" you can buy around here and nothing else. I did not add any guano, myco or other additives/supplements. Flowering initiated as expected. 2 phenos started to flower 4 weeks after germination- the small indica and the medium size hybrid phenos that is. The third one which was the tallest (let's call it sativa pheno) started to flower about 10 days later. No (or very little) stretch on the indica pheno, about 50% stretch on the hybrid pheno and 100% stretch on the sativa pheno.

Sativa and hybrid pheno's seemed hungry as the leaves started to yellow mid flowering. I've added some N and also applied BC line 2x a week. I've also feed the indica pheno with the same regiment and that wasn't a very good idea. She developed some kind of deficiency- probably due to pH problems. My "rain water" flows down a cement roof and has a high pH (8.5+). Later on i managed to lower that to pH 6.5 with PH down. So from my experience the indica pheno is sensitive and not that hungry while the other two phenos don't mind extra food and suboptimal water pH.

Indica and hybrid pheno buds are compact for the given lineage. Indica pheno strangely seems to be more resistant to mold as my hybrid pheno started to mold in the past days. Sativa buds are not yet that developed that i could speak of bud structure. Hybrid and sativa buds have a common fruity smell while indica buds include coffee and skunky smells also.

Currently we have high humidity and "april" weather which isn't all that suited for flowering. If sunny weather comes back i think the hybrid pheno will be done in about 10-14 days, indica pheno 14-21days and sativa pheno in about 28 days. Buds start out in the typical bottle shaped growth and produce fox tails if you let them do it. Not that hard to grow and perfect for small spaces like app.buildings etc.

Bud pictures are from the medium-middle-hybrid pheno. Bud was picked off at about 6 weeks (40days).

Excellent post and explanations about the different phenos you have found, and about their structures, stretching, feeding preferences and resistances.

Despite the yellowing and the ph problems you commented i think they are developing nice and big flowers :yes:
Glad to see you are close to harvest! Hope the weather bless the plants with a few sunny days before harvest.

Thanks Bleiweis :wave:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi folks, time for my yearly post on icmag lol. These here are the two best Auto Malawi/NL fom the garden, there's another slightly smaller plant that for some reason I didn't photograph. About a month after germination, the weather has been wet and cloudy but I'm very happy with them so far, I've got 3 of these and 3 Mephisto autos on the go and they're all pretty much keeping pace with each other. I started a few other autos from seedbanks that I won't name, but they've all been culled as runts or mutants... ain't nobody got time for that! These are all in 15 litre air pots, recycled soil amended with homemade compost btw. Big thanks to Dubi for the seeds.
:tiphat:
Peace TEC

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=77494&pictureid=1864553&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=77494&pictureid=1864552&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Hi The English Cut,

Sure friend :) We miss your presence here more often! I know you are busy with family and work, so it's always greatly appreciated when you have the chance to share your insights here with us. :huggg:

Sorry to hear the spring weather was not good enough there to start them earlier .... here we usually start the autoflowerings around 3rd week of March, but our mediterranean climate is much more benevolent.

Upgrade them to at least 30 liter pots in case you have the chance, especially now that they are thinking to flower and stretch, their size and final size will be the double too.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Mine is bagged guys...

All of the buds were completely swollen.. the trichs were pearly.. the pistils had mostly retracted.. didn't see too many amber but ..

After the 4-5 days it needed drying now about half of trichs are amber..

The taste is dusty.. not very fruity .. but there is some fruit in there..

the high is .. how to put it nicely.. LETHAL! :biggrin: , after the second joint you get that nice "ya ganna die brah" effect. :biggrin:

The whole plant went down in one chop and the final yield for dry was 3 0.5l jars full.. Which is the only way to count bud imho.. By volume and not weight..

There was zero pop corn. even the lower branches produced hefty and dense buds..

Might make some pictures later! :thank you:

Congrats on the harvest Ksaderfo :dance013:
Really happy for you!

Glad you got a nice yield to full up at least a few jars, and that the early smoking tests are showing strong potency :D
Enjoy them and have a great summer time!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Dubi, I need a little more sunshine, getting half days on average. Both plants have beer bottle sized main colas so far. I don't expect them to slow down any time soon. They just grab another gear and rock on.
As mid July nears, I can feel the tension of explosion building in the greenhouse.

Dubi, I also reseeded the Lebanese x Erdpurt and the Purple Malawi x PCK 47 x Purple Nepjam. I have not posted pictures of them yet. They are only inches shorter than the other plants. They seemed to like the later start.
Thank you for your kindness and great genetics my friend. Peace brother

G

Shorty is down

Shorty is down

I harvested the one in the 7lt pot .I wanted to let her fade a bit more but I really need the space in the room and also the bud I tried didn't seem harsh at all ,so...Lower yield as expected,but not bad for the little light they collect . Buds are quite dense,more than the others.Really great bag appeal.

Smell is skunky/spicy/chem with a touch of menthol.Had some late nanners that didn't open so no worries(not that I would really mind some extra auto seeds ,heh).Her sisters are stable.

chyYDiA.jpg
IJQbBa9.jpg
6GyM6zk.jpg
VY38mUP.jpg

G

And a couple shots of middle sis,the frostiest .In about a week ,I guess...
MexoK9q.jpg

YkKJ5f1.jpg

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Beautiful plants Syd, thanks for sharing this grow.
I just crawled out of a hot tub at 330 am. Turns out I'm drunk as he'll! My updates today may be a little later than I expected. My friends smoked about an acre of pot or so tonight. I think they liked it. Shity smoke report I know. Sorry
Peace

Koondense

Veteran
Amazing buds Syd, look chunky and tasty :p
How much time did they need to reach maturity?
Congrats!

Cheers

Latest posts

Latest posts