What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto Malawi x Northern Lights Feminized

Consolidated

Around half of August I harvested the #3.
A photo of the top of the plant. Sprouted 21 of May,started flower around 25 of June.
The high is pleasant and clear so far... i made couple of cobs with her...

Attachments

• 20180818_131809.jpg
    20180818_131809.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 20180818_131650.jpg
    20180818_131650.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 20180821_143444.jpg
    20180821_143444.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 21

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad to see so many great growers having such good results with our first autoflowering strain :yes: It's a pleasure to see the development of our Auto Malawi x NLs at this stage of the season.

She still keeps packing on the trics and seems like she'll be done soon.

View Image View Image

Nice Azure, looks like she finally produced really nice dense and resinous buds :) Did she fully flower indoors with growing photoperiod, isn't ? ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello all, I wanted to share my ladies with you. I need to thank my wife first. She has been a great help with watering while I'm working. It has been 100 f for the last few days. The plants wouldn't have faired well without her help.

The lower branches are falling over under the weight of the buds. They all seem to be wrist size in diameter. I used a .750 pop bottle to give a size reference of some of the buds.
Dubi, these are great genetics! Much thanks to you and your team for this offering. They are ideal for growers in my part of the world.

I look forward to running these again many seasons to come.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76620&pictureid=1875326&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76620&pictureid=1875325&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76620&pictureid=1875324&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
Both of these plants are seeded. One mostly with two Lebanese males I had and the other with a Blueberry male.
The Blueberries are slower to flower like the Peyote Purple plants are. (natural light cycle) My hope is to have an elevated CBD in some and a heavier producing Blueberry that is sooner to flower here in North Dakota. With recreational cannabis being voted on a short time away. These auto offerings from Ace will be very popular. I look forward to trying out some of the others to come from Ace soon.

I hope you all have a great and safe weekend. Peace :tiphat:

Excellent results farmerlion ;) The Auto Malawi x NL F4 generation has performed very well in your greenhouse, congrats to you and your wife for the good cares and green hands! Really nice fatty colas with great flower leaf ratio. I wouldn't delay the harvest as i think they are enough ripen and i can see some moldy brown parts in some of the flowers.

Glad you have pollinated the Auto Malawi x NLs females with lebanese pollen, the hybrid should produce a very interesting semi auto flowering hybrid: high yielding, easy to grow and very suitable for your conditions. The cross with blueberry sounds interesting as well!

Keep up the good work and best wishes also with the rest of the non autoflowering strains you are growing this season.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Auto Malawi x Northern lights F3 #10

This was my last of the batch I bought and mostly grew out last year, I had two seeds left this spring so I put them in play in May, one was murdered by a bug or something but #10 grew very well, and ws mostly nanner free except this last week it started pushing out three of them so I harvested it. Has some awesome aroma to it that I don't have definitions for other than I love it.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Excellent Shooters :)

These are the kind of phenos i like the most from our Auto Malawi x NL: high yielding, with great branching, great flower leaf ratio, aromatic, resinous and powerful! ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Around half of August I harvested the #3.
A photo of the top of the plant. Sprouted 21 of May,started flower around 25 of June.
The high is pleasant and clear so far... i made couple of cobs with her...

Hi Conso :)

Hope your summer is doing well! Thanks for sharing the outcome of your Auto Malawi x NL fatty colas too! Glad you made some cobs with a part of the harvest, please let us know your opinion when they are ready to smoke :biggrin:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Thanks Dubi, I wasn't worried about saving all the bud produced. Seed maturity was my priority this season. I could harvest her this weekend. Then I will have more room and light for the other plants.
Thanks for your help and guidance my friend.
Peace

YukonKronic

Hey fellow herbalists, got a couple autos outside in the Yukon sun just to see if they work. They do. Had I taken better care of them earlier in the season and given them a greenhouse until temps got above 18C in the day they would be bigger.

Would love input on phenos, please ignore the leaf "tacos" I tried to push a little extra out of them and was careless with some ionic PK boost.

YukonKronic

Some close ups of crystal... 2nd pic was today... any input on harvesting time? Looks close but there's still some pistils emergent

YukonKronic

Lots of sativa funkish kinda old wood and leather aromas mixed amongst fruits dominated by the apple/pear range of smells..

YukonKronic

Next year they'll be getting an April 20 sowing and stay under lights until mid May whereupon I'll place them in a green house with temp control in the mid/low 20's and daily or twice daily watering. Might even put em in a greenhouse and soil bed with lights right off the bat.
I figured it was about 35-40 days after sprouting that I saw preflowers on this run. Add a possible week for seeds to emerge (brings me to 42 days minimum😬) and I should have them flowering heavily thru the 22+ hour/day sunshine in June and then finishing thru heat of July/August. I can even remove greenhouse at end of cycle to reduce temps and humidity for better terps as outdoors it will be 18C and less most of the time by beginning of September.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hey fellow herbalists, got a couple autos outside in the Yukon sun just to see if they work. They do. Had I taken better care of them earlier in the season and given them a greenhouse until temps got above 18C in the day they would be bigger.

Would love input on phenos, please ignore the leaf "tacos" I tried to push a little extra out of them and was careless with some ionic PK boost.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=77860&pictureid=1878130&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=77860&pictureid=1878127&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=77860&pictureid=1878124&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=77860&pictureid=1878125&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Lots of sativa funkish kinda old wood and leather aromas mixed amongst fruits dominated by the apple/pear range of smells..

Hi YukonKronic,

Both clearly lean to the Northern Lights side of the hybrid,
although by your description of their aromas (old wood/leathery) seem there's Malawi influence in their terpenes. The pear/apple fruity aromas are also very common in most of the phenos of our Auto Malawi x NL.

They look enough ripen to me. Happy Harvest! :tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Some more Auto Malawi x NLs F4 sativa phenos, in case you want more :D

Attachments

• Auto Malawi x NL F4 2.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NL F4 2.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Auto Malawi x NL F4 3.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NL F4 3.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Auto Malawi x NL F4 1.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NL F4 1.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Auto Malawi x NL F4 4.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NL F4 4.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 35
  • Auto Malawi x NL F4 7.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NL F4 7.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Auto Malawi x NL F4 6.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NL F4 6.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 36
  • Auto Malawi x NL F4 5.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NL F4 5.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 39

YukonKronic

Lordy! I gotta build a good greenhouse setup. I haven't even scratched the surface of what these things can do.. I wanna move to Spaaaaiiinn!!
Cut top of one plant two bottoms on it still need another week... rest of them pushed another wave of pistils and the one that seemed (to me) a little more sativa Dom is popping a few herms... totally environmental I'm sure. It's been cold (15C) and wet so I put em in back of veggie greenhouse.. between cold temps infrequent watering and the cut back of light (in greenhouse only gets about 3hours direct sun/day) just stressed her out too much. Still misses Africa I guess, long way from home for that poor plant! If she continues throwing multiple clusters I'll chop her but so far I'm just cutting off the few I see here and there... will upload and post pics soon.... I already have to delete pics to be able to post more and then other posts have their pics get deleted.. hope I get a good deal more album space when I get to 50 posts..

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
9-1 update

9-1 update

Hello all, after drying the two plants I had double planted in a 45 gallon grow bag. I really need to stop double planting. Plants do much better single planted in my grow bags. I guess I just get greedy on number of strains I can run each season.

So to start with I weighed the jars I was going to cure in. I filled each jar and re weighed for a total dry weight. Plant #1 had a total of 7.5 oz. Plant #2 had a weight of 8.3 oz. This is a total of 15.8 oz. or 447.77 grams.

Both plants surpassed my expectations, not that I knew what to expect. Dubi it was an honor to run these plants this season. I look forward to having them in my greenhouse for years to come.

I have no doubt the plants would have produced even more in separate grow bags. When it is cured I will have a smoke report done by one of my testers. I'm terrible with aroma's so I won't try to explain what I smell.
I hope you all have a great Memorial weekend.
Peace MedDakotabis :tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello all, after drying the two plants I had double planted in a 45 gallon grow bag. I really need to stop double planting. Plants do much better single planted in my grow bags. I guess I just get greedy on number of strains I can run each season.

So to start with I weighed the jars I was going to cure in. I filled each jar and re weighed for a total dry weight. Plant #1 had a total of 7.5 oz. Plant #2 had a weight of 8.3 oz. This is a total of 15.8 oz. or 447.77 grams.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76620&pictureid=1880500&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Both plants surpassed my expectations, not that I knew what to expect. Dubi it was an honor to run these plants this season. I look forward to having them in my greenhouse for years to come.

I have no doubt the plants would have produced even more in separate grow bags. When it is cured I will have a smoke report done by one of my testers. I'm terrible with aroma's so I won't try to explain what I smell.
I hope you all have a great Memorial weekend.
Peace MedDakotabis :tiphat:

Congrats on the Auto Malawi x NL harvest, friend :dance013:
Almost half kilo from 2 autoflowering females is a really really great outcome, well done!

It's my pleasure that our first autoflowering strain performed so well in your conditions :tiphat: Guess autoflowering and semi autoflowering strains are the best choice for your northern location.

Excited to learn more next year about the outcome of your Auto Malawi/NL x Lebanese homemade hybrid, it's also a breeding path that i also would like to explore in the future. Enjoy them! ;)

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Wow! Think I might have to have go on these next season outdoors.

@dubi - Do you have any plans for more auto flower varieties in the future?
If you do maybe you'll consider breeding an auto variety with high amounts of CBD?