What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto Malawi x Northern Lights Feminized

highroller614

I was trying to be patient and I couldn't help myself and decided to smoke some of the small tiny buds. Right away i noticed seeds on every pheno i smoked today so I expect to see plenty more when it's done.So far none of these four plants i tried even caught me a buzz. Granted i smoke between 3.5 to 7 grams a day so I'm no lightweight. I trimmed 1 more plant today and noticed at least 10 male flowers on it. I'm quite disappointed in this seed investment and hopefully my other outdoor plants reward me.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Highroller614, you let it dry three whole days? The complex terpene chemical reaction that needs to take place hasn't even started yet. Please do a proper dry and cure before you throw someone under the bus. The difference between grape juice and wine is TIME.
Peace brother

highroller614

Farmerlion who did I throw under the bus? I missing something here. I'm just stating my experience so far with this strain. Yes a 4 day dry normally will tell me if I can catch a buzz or not since I've been growing in the last 20 years this test is yet to fail.. As for taste who cares what it tastes like if it smokes like a hemp rope and don't get you high. Either way the fact of all the hermaphrodites alone will assure me to stay away from this selection from ACE. I still have quite the catalog of ACE strains that i will be running in the near future. Hopefully my opinion doesn't hurt any feelings but if it does oh well. I just want to share my experience with the community

Last edited:

HerbBert

highroller614 thats such a shame about your plants I really hope they got stressed in some way (no offense :ying:) I remember Dubi saying something about over fertilization or ph problems hopefully (from my point of view) they just didnt like your soil mix or some other factor to cause the seeds and poor smoke with luck the main buds will be better for you later on or at least make some ice hash for you

highroller614

@Herbert thanks brother and no you don't offend me at all. I still have 2 plants that are still finishing up. I should be chopping one today. Hopefully i find something I like of what is left of the 3

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Highroller614, if that early of a test works for you, rock on. Everyone enjoys something different about cannabis. Mine gets a minimum of a 3 month cure before friends get samples. At least then an accurate judgement can be made. If potency is a person's only goal, your missing out on so much more. May you find what your looking for. Peace

OnceUpon

i wish i was patient enough to wait 3 months.... but.... 4 days will give you a glimpse of whats going on.

i did 3 seeds of these ... 1 didnt pop, 1 hermie, and one with a classic nl aroma and plenty of punch. no problem potentcy wise.

orfeas

Veteran
I can read highroller's aggravation loud and clear why I've had two extreme Thai leaning Zams that did not deliver a single pinch...however, how am I to ostracise Zamaldelica?
Now if the depicted autos came off :biggrin: the way his did, I certainly wouldn't touch the line again...but then I've never favoured autos... :)

:tiphat:orfeas

P.S. A week ago the older auto gave off a very strong pine apple smell but now it's turned a little heavier...the younger one follows its sibling's footsteps both in structure and smell...

Attachments

• P1100455.jpg
    P1100455.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 21
  • P1100456.jpg
    P1100456.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 23
  • P1100457.jpg
    P1100457.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 27
  • P1100458.jpg
    P1100458.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

highroller614

@ Orefeas i had given up on autos a long time ago because of these type of problems. But seeing how Ace developed one i figured I would give it a shot. Auto's appealed to me because i can pull off multiple outdoor harvests but they have to be potent and that has been a problem with these lines. Sometimes you find a good pheno but it seems to be more of a miss than a hit. No hard feelings toward Ace Seeds though........

As for my yields one plant weighed 22 grams, another 24, 32, and 34 grams.....

Anyway rock on fellas and good luck heading toward the finish line!

For all the convenience of daylight independent fast flowering plants, autos come with their own unique weirdness when growing.

I've grown a couple of bunk autos and in the aftermath I can always pinpoint something I did that photos would have handled that might have spoiled the grow. pH problems, transplanting too late, lousy watering schedule, etc.

They're a great little appetizer type to grow, but the prime rib will always be an elite photo mother.

Excited to see the out crosses to other elite genetics! Nothing like a zam/Mal/pan/auto hybrid to give the genre a real try!

Azure

Auto Malawi x Northern Lights 10 days of growth.
I put one outdoors with some Malawi x PCK, Malawi and PNG.
I'll have to get some pics and see how the Auto does outside!
picture.php
picture.php

G

Some bud shots as the final days are drawing near....

The short one,going down in about a week...The least resinous of the bunch.

yhTBs1u.jpg
0IbE3NO.jpg

The stretchy ,needs 2-3 weeks.

YZN6MZK.jpg

The middle one...Has some PCK like smells.Found a few spider mites on her,so this might speed up harvest.10 days - 2 weeks.

CRGTyMw.jpg
kba6jjY.jpg

deepwaterdude

Lookin' real nice, Syd, especially that last one... the camera is badass, too;0) I have a new one meself to play with, but the babes are not interesting enough yet.

Who knows which of yours will have what effect/taste, but I like the look of the last two;)

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Syd, much respect for your growing and photography skills.
Peace brother

G

Lookin' real nice, Syd, especially that last one... the camera is badass, too;0) I have a new one meself to play with, but the babes are not interesting enough yet.

Who knows which of yours will have what effect/taste, but I like the look of the last two;)

Thx D! We have the same taste ,I also like the last two more. I am ashamed to admit that I really haven't figured the camera,has some really interesting settings but no time as ususal... ;)Thanx for putting your past grows on sig,I hadn't seen your first thread !Cheers mate!:tiphat:

Syd, much respect for your growing and photography skills.
Peace brother

Hey FL,thanks a lot for your always heartwarming words .:huggg:

orfeas

Veteran
photography skills no doubt
I wish Shakespeare were wrong
when coining "all that glitters..." :biggrin:

Now I may not have those skills nor a badass cam...yet I can take a meagre shot or two of this nearing chop time girl whose trichs are mostly milky now and have me waiting for amber ones...

:tiphat:orfeas

Attachments

• P1100480.jpg
    P1100480.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 21
  • P1100481.jpg
    P1100481.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 22

Latest posts

Latest posts