What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto-flower growth

rob feature

Lol I hate bad pics thats all. And the problem isn't so much the MP of the camera, but something else that actually causes it to be poor quality and blurry. Rob might be able to enlighten us to what it is that I am talking about. If not ill look it up. *shrugs*

You'll have to forgive me as my mind-reading fu is a little sloppy tonight. You seem to be too far away :ying:

Maybe you can elaborate? Better yet post examples?

its trypp

Anyways... CRAPPY camera time lol;

Here she is, at day 70 from seed. Looks like she needs just a little bit more, so a little longer than the stated grow time from the co's description. But that's fine lol.

rob feature

Man, I dunno about that first pic. Maybe the camera was in a transition from night mode (low resolution, high ISO) to grow room mode (higher resolution, low ISO, correcting white balance, generally confused).

The other 2 are fine - 2nd is a bit blown out in the back but still tells the story nicely.

3rd one says there's nothing wrong with your camera. You're limited in image size so you can't do much cropping, but the raw images are fine.

Cameras have to make decisions based on a bunch of factors. The easier you can make its life, the more it will reward you. Most photography mistakes are lighting mistakes. Your camera's just recording what it sees. Your eyes adjust automatically, but the camera accounts for things like really bright things in the background & adjusts the meter accordingly. That's why the detail in the back of the 2nd image is gone. It's reflecting too much light to be included at these settings.

Overhead lighting is as bad as it gets. That's why most photographers shoot in the morning & evening. Ever had your picture taken? Was the light right above your head? Same goes for this. Try moving the plant out to different light angles & maybe hitting it from both sides instead of above.

Photography is mostly lighting. Nail that & the rest is cake.

Raziel819

ahhhhhh man you know what it looks like to me????

All them damn crystals and resin is blowin out the flash on the camera... looks like a miracle on 34th street....:)

Oh Hell Yeah!

Oh Hell Yeah!

Grynch your damn right! that lady is frosty! I think Trypp has already dried a sample and he said it was great. I could only imagine lol.

NYUF :tiphat:

its trypp

Actually I checked the trichomes tonight, and she is ready for the chopping block. 30-40% of the trichomes have amber in them. I reallly wish I could post pics of the trichs, but no matter how hard I try my phone refuses :x Rob I wish I was photography savy but alas I am not D:

Anyways wet weight and pics possibly tonight. :) if not it will be up tomorrow :)

N

NoSocSlic

I'm happy for ya trypp! I can't wait for some dried cured bud pics to drool over!

its trypp

I cant wait to start posting them :3 ill post some pics of the bud thats hanging tomorrow. Only chopped half of her. Was reading up on a technique that allows me to make the absolute most out of the plant, as chopping the big bud that are more mature will then focus the plants energy on the smaller ones, giving them an extra couple days to hopefully bulk up. If it works, woot. If not, oh well was worth a try lol.

its trypp

So. First half of the plant is cut and drying. Bottom half of the plant is still maturing. I checked each bud I took off and about 30-35% amber trichomes on all. The lower less mature buds were still cloudy so letting the plant focus on them now. So we will see how it works out ^_^

its trypp

Thanks. :)

So I did dry the big cola's a bit early and got a really nice smoke from it. The smell is a very nice diesel when ground, with a sort of menthol undertone. the taste is very heavy. Not harsh, but heavy and more earthy flavor with a hint of that menthol. The high starts off as a heavy head high but mellows out and becomes both relaxing and happy. But Alas those weren't cured yet, just an initial test ^_^ got the rest curing now and will be reporting on that as soon as the cure is done :)

N

NoSocSlic

The longer the cure is, the less and less minty taste you get. That is chlorophyll you're tasting =P Those buds look tasty for sure though! Congrats on a good grow! You still have some other lovely things brewing though so its not over yet!

its trypp

Haha yeah technically I have..... 5....13...16 plants going right now lol. Well 4 plants 7 clones and 5 seedlings. Clones are from my strawberry blue, and the seedlings are some Hawaiian Skunk Haze, that I am going to be making seeds from so hoping for a 2:3 mix of male to female but however many I get is fine. They are only going to veg for maybe 2 weeks, then I will take the strongest male and female and put them in a cab together, the other 2 females and will go through full bloom most likely, and other male gets the scythe lol. Anyhow cheers, but yeah definitely enjoying the smoke, it's treating me well. ^_^

mrgrynch

Mentally Disturbed
ICMag Donor
Good show Trypp!! Once those babies cure, I'm sure you'll be quite happy with it! One of my plants finished early and I did a partial harvest as well. I am posting pics now...

Great grow and thread....

Great grow and thread....

Yeah Trypp I have to second Grynch's thought on a great grow. Your grow and your thread have been great. Great conversation, great information, great pics. A+ all around. Those buds hanging look good. Cant wait to see what the second half dishes out. Then you can get a final yield. I think that your upcoming grows are going to be great too. I cant wait to see how the breeding grow turns out. We'll talk more about the outcome in a PM (hehehe). Anyway let me know how this one finally turns out and when you start the next thread give me a holler.

Also are you entering the New Growers Contest? You Should submit a grow report and start a diary.

NYUF :tiphat:

its trypp

I am actually going to be submitting the breeding grow for the grow report man :) Including a harvest and trimming guide, plus all the light and medium info and such :) So should be interesting. Btw seems like bagseed and one of the hawaiian's were bad seeds. not growing anything past proto leaves :/ So pulled em lol. Oh well, the other 3 are looking great though and have a good structure. once I start to see some roots ima be transfering to rockwool cubes :)