What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto-flower growth

nice! cant wait till i finally am able to get around to buy a grow tent and such!

I'm going to put 8 of these auto suckers in my tent!

Btw, are you growing these in a tent or in closet and hows the air flow going? Sorry if you mentioned it in thread, but i couldn't see it.

Honestly; as awesome as she has been, I don't think I like the auto gene that much. It's great for not overdoing a plant, but they can't really take as much nutes as photoperiods, nor can you effectively clone them. For an auto, unless you have a male to impregnate it, you have to get more seeds from the seed co.'s and whatnot. I would prefer having a photoperiod moma and do SOGs at this point; quicker harvests and each plant pretty much just becomes a main cola. So thats my project coming up july or august :)

I am going to be building a 77 site micro SOG set up. 12/12 as soon as the girls are rooted. I want to see how well it performs in the space I will give it. If all goes well I will be making 2 more and going for a monthly perpetual.

Why do you say quicker harvest with SOG?

I was looking into SOG, but got confused on the topping/lst that you are supposed to do with it...so I said fuck it lol

its trypp

Sog's are set up to not be topped, only minor trimming and pruning to prevent overlapping. Faster harvests because I will be doing it from clones, as soon as they are rooted they are going straight into 12/12 for bloom. Meaning no veg times once I have it up and running and have a mother plant, which I will.

Sog's are set up to not be topped, only minor trimming and pruning to prevent overlapping. Faster harvests because I will be doing it from clones, as soon as they are rooted they are going straight into 12/12 for bloom. Meaning no veg times once I have it up and running and have a mother plant, which I will.

Oh, i think I may be mixing up sog and scrog? :p

Every scrog guide i see says you should top/lst lol

vostok

Veteran
I for one have at last FIM'D my short stuff autos, (harvest in 60 days or less) and am very pleased with the results, normally these very fast growers offer but piddly bud, come toke time, but having topped her 2 weeks after germination I can assure all here I have TRIPLED my volume on one plant ....'Fuck'in Fantastic' these plants now look like a marine trident fork,.. thing, .. rather than the traditional cone shape Xames tree.
I play? with these to try new stuff out and use them as a filler crop to my own photos.

at ..its trypp, relax over the T5/T8 thing I use them in and out for autos and general germing, they are the safest light to grow under with minimal heat, and cost, just hang in a closet and adjust the chains daily, keep a small pc type fan in their for plant comfort ....
...ezy peezy!

its trypp

I for one have at last FIM'D my short stuff autos, (harvest in 60 days or less) and am very pleased with the results, normally these very fast growers offer but piddly bud, come toke time, but having topped her 2 weeks after germination I can assure all here I have TRIPLED my volume on one plant ....'Fuck'in Fantastic' these plants now look like a marine trident fork,.. thing, .. rather than the traditional cone shape Xames tree.
I play? with these to try new stuff out and use them as a filler crop to my own photos.

at ..its trypp, relax over the T5/T8 thing I use them in and out for autos and general germing, they are the safest light to grow under with minimal heat, and cost, just hang in a closet and adjust the chains daily, keep a small pc type fan in their for plant comfort ....
...ezy peezy!

I actually have a oscilating fan in the tent right now lol. Heat had only been an issue when I was dialing in the distance for the 400w MH, and the t5's are there to supplement 3000k spectrum to my 4500k mh bulb

I actually have a oscilating fan in the tent right now lol. Heat had only been an issue when I was dialing in the distance for the 400w MH, and the t5's are there to supplement 3000k spectrum to my 4500k mh bulb

Trypp, Oscilating fans are good for the grow room. Those T5's are great for 3000k or 6000k depending on the bulb your using. For flowering the 3000k T5 bloom bulb is excellent for filling in on lost spectrum from the MH. I think it was a great idea.

NYUF :tiphat:

its trypp

Yeah filling in the lost spectrum definitely helped out, of that I am sure. Pretty close to harvest time as well. So be expecting updates in the next week or so :)

Dude Cant wait!

Dude Cant wait!

Yeah filling in the lost spectrum definitely helped out, of that I am sure. Pretty close to harvest time as well. So be expecting updates in the next week or so :)

Bro I cant wait to see the updates. I was amazed by the bud you showed me the other day. If the rest looks like that, then wow your in business lol. I cant wait to see the pics. Try to get some bud close up shots so I can see the frosty delight :biggrin:. Hey a man can dream cant he lol.

its trypp

Bro I cant wait to see the updates. I was amazed by the bud you showed me the other day. If the rest looks like that, then wow your in business lol. I cant wait to see the pics. Try to get some bud close up shots so I can see the frosty delight :biggrin:. Hey a man can dream cant he lol.

Haha man no worries. I will make sure they are nice good detailed updates. :) And dream on for sure! Harvest for you will be here before you know it!:canabis::smoke:

2 Legal Co

Veteran

Once you get the needs of your strains 'figured out'.... try a run with just 6K+ lighting for the whole run. From what I've experienced, I think you'll be disappointed in the additional $s invested in 'special' spectrum lighting.

I continue to play with spectrum change from veg to bloom, but haven't been able to justify additional $s.....

Raziel819

Trypp this has been an fantastic run, your girl is looking like a 14(10 point scale) to me.

I told you around the first of the month that you've given me ideals of what to do with my second unused cabinet. Well I dropped some pennies on the seeds (Cream of The Crop Cash Crop) on the 6th just waiting for them to get in now. :) I can only hope that my grow will be as easy as your's have been with the Siberian.

Damn your baby girl is pretty, she's so fine that one would have to take her home to meet mama. ^_^

Raziel819
Arjan's Haze #1 grow (in progress)

its trypp

2 Legal Co: I had some T5 fixtures laying around, as well as 3000k bulbs. And the amount of money they cost to run is negligible compares to everything else that is running lol. But I will be trying side-by-side grow comparing MH to HPS for my own personal amusement this winter when it cools down lol.

Raziel; This has been a very very amazing run for me. I have definitely enjoyed the hell out of it :) But I will say! This has been anything but easy. I think the hardest part is definitely having the patience to wait to she is fully ready... But other than that she has been pretty faithful for me :)

I think I am cutting her either saturday or next wednesday.... Just depends on where she is on those days :)

Anyhow cheers and thanks for stopping by! :)

its trypp

Haha rob! If only it were that easy. I am picky about pictures and my phone does NOT do the detail justice. And fiances been stingy about me using her camera xD So once I get the chance to use it again I will upload! :O

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Dam,,, I feel bad now. My old Cannon is only 2mp. lol

Smoke it when and if ya got'em.

Sad to say I don't even know how many the Iphone 4S is...... oh well.

lol Cookie is kick'n in now. Gonna be a great evening again.....

its trypp

Dam,,, I feel bad now. My old Cannon is only 2mp. lol

Smoke it when and if ya got'em.

Sad to say I don't even know how many the Iphone 4S is...... oh well.

lol Cookie is kick'n in now. Gonna be a great evening again.....

Oh man does a cookie sound good right now :x

Lol I hate bad pics thats all. And the problem isn't so much the MP of the camera, but something else that actually causes it to be poor quality and blurry. Rob might be able to enlighten us to what it is that I am talking about. If not ill look it up. *shrugs*

Latest posts

Latest posts