What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto-flower growth

its trypp

Alright, day 60 for the trans siberian, from seed. 5 days and packing on some weight. Oh well, whenever she decides to be ready, I think I will be happy :)

N

NoSocSlic

I know you are drooling every time you look at her lol. I don't think I've ever seen an auto produce so well. This plant changed my opinion. I didn't think that was achievable running autos indoors. Looks like its over an oz and closer to 2!

its trypp

I'm hoping for more than that, but whatever she gives me I will be happy with. Tbh I am hoping these big main colas are 10+g dry themselves when its done. But we will see :)

N

NoSocSlic

I hope you pull a QP off it lol! The density will be the deciding factor. I know running with cfls, the density is not there. The buds tend to be fluffy. I don't have experience with t5's. They're better for coverage. I think that density will be about the same though.

its trypp

She isn't under just the t5's though. She is also under a 400w MH. The t5's are to supplement red spectrum for bloom. She wont be as dense as my next three with pure HPS fr bloom, but she will put out. :) a QP would be nice, but I don't fully think it will be that. That's my goal however. Here is hoping. :) Thinking maybe 90g about though... maybe less. time will tell. I gotta stop driving myself nuts thinking about what she will yield anyways. :)

its trypp

I think this run will go under the 'successful' column. lol

Haha I am sure hoping so ^_^ Cant wait to smoke my own home grown goodness. :)

And GBOGH; I am thinking 2 weeks until cut. maybe longer. Maybe less. time will tell when the trichs start to go amber. :)

N

NoSocSlic

Two weeks is probably about right. How are your trichs looking now?

its trypp

Trichs are pretty much all cloudy now. I wish the camera I have could show enough detail to truly capture just how frosty this bitch is. Because the pics I have just show it slightly frosty :x this girl is covered D:

nice! im surprised it autoed for you.

I read posts every now and then with people trying these different autos and some dont auto like posed to.

lucky bastard

its trypp

Honestly; as awesome as she has been, I don't think I like the auto gene that much. It's great for not overdoing a plant, but they can't really take as much nutes as photoperiods, nor can you effectively clone them. For an auto, unless you have a male to impregnate it, you have to get more seeds from the seed co.'s and whatnot. I would prefer having a photoperiod moma and do SOGs at this point; quicker harvests and each plant pretty much just becomes a main cola. So thats my project coming up july or august :)

I am going to be building a 77 site micro SOG set up. 12/12 as soon as the girls are rooted. I want to see how well it performs in the space I will give it. If all goes well I will be making 2 more and going for a monthly perpetual.

its trypp

nice! im surprised it autoed for you.

I read posts every now and then with people trying these different autos and some dont auto like posed to.

lucky bastard

The auto's that they are complaining about are in genetics that haven't been stabilized, or are just sub par in general.