What's new

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
Luckily I haven't had to do a drug test at/for work, or at a RBT. I don't like at all that the cops can test and then convict for the presence, but not the level, of THC in the body.

Anyhow, I must have decided that I have too much spare bud (!) so I decided to experiment by making some cannabis coconut oil. I was interested in it's supposed advantages over other oils, as a cannabis delivery vehicle and it's other attributes, especially for it's application as a topical skin/muscle rub.

I used bud only, the Satori and C99 I had from last season. I filled a 180ml cup up to about 90% capacity (after slight tamping) with a mix of the two strains:

picture.php

and for the last 10% I used some vaped bud from the Magic Flight Launch Box* that I had been keeping for an occasion like this (already decarboxylated!).

I used 300ml of organic virgin unrefined coconut oil and a tablespoon or so of soy lecithin granules. I heated the mix in a pot using the lowest possible flame on a gas stove for an hour. I used a loose cover to minimise evaporation of cannabinoids.

After squeezing through some cloth I ended up with this:

picture.php

Although I could stir when needed, I couldn't keep an eye on it continuously for the whole hour and I'm pretty sure it overheated near the end. After seeing the resultant dark colour of the oil after finishing I though for sure that I had overcooked it, but apparently that's the colour you should be aiming for**.

It also looks a much nicer colour when viewed like this:

picture.php

And here is a 50mL amount, ready for use. Deserves a kinder vessel, but it's midnight on Halloween and all that, so...

picture.php

*The MFLB is bloody brilliant, been using it for a while now and it's my preferred ROA. Another vaping convert, especially seeing as I quit cigs a few months ago too.

**BadKat (BadKittySmiles on Icmag) reckon's that's what it should look like, and who am I to argue. Check out her excellent recipes - including Aussie canna meat pie - in the thread in the Cooking section on Icmag or elsewhere on the web.

Goldust

Anyhow, I must have decided that I have too much spare bud (!) so I decided to experiment by making some cannabis coconut oil. I was interested in it's supposed advantages over other oils, as a cannabis delivery vehicle and it's other attributes, especially for it's application as a topical skin/muscle rub.

Funnily enough I have also made a topical made with coconut oil
recently Bud and trim also mixed in some Karma cream http://www.lush.ca/Karma-Kream/02145,en_CA,pd.html dunno if i should of but smells nice

seems to work on friends and family aches and pains mine included

4tokin

I used bud only, the Satori and C99 I had from last season. I filled a 180ml cup up to about 90% capacity (after slight tamping) with a mix of the two strains:

View Image

and for the last 10% I used some vaped bud from the Magic Flight Launch Box* that I had been keeping for an occasion like this (already decarboxylated!).

I used 300ml of organic virgin unrefined coconut oil and a tablespoon or so of soy lecithin granules. I heated the mix in a pot using the lowest possible flame on a gas stove for an hour. I used a loose cover to minimise evaporation of cannabinoids.

After squeezing through some cloth I ended up with this:

View Image

It also looks a much nicer colour when viewed like this:

View Image

And here is a 50mL amount, ready for use. Deserves a kinder vessel, but it's midnight on Halloween and all that, so...

View Image

*The MFLB is bloody brilliant, been using it for a while now and it's my preferred ROA. Another vaping convert, especially seeing as I quit cigs a few months ago too.

**BadKat (BadKittySmiles on Icmag) reckon's that's what it should look like, and who am I to argue. Check out her excellent recipes - including Aussie canna meat pie - in the thread in the Cooking section on Icmag or elsewhere on the web.

You're going to have some fun with that.
When you get some ABV build up, mix in a little warm oil till it is pasty and let cool then put in capsules. Portables:dance013:

S

Sat X RB

good morning ... have an Indica cut that I 'm bringing inside at night to prevent early flowering. just wondering how long I need to do this? or put another way: when can I leave it outside to do its thing? Cheers ... Oh ... located between Q/NSW border and Rockhampton ...

picture.php

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day SR

Always depends on the individual plant .
ATM you have close to 13 hours light per day ? Keep your plant lit up for say 2-3 hours after sun set .
If you give it more than 2-3 hours it will want to revert to flower no matter when you put it out because the total amount of light is too long compared to the day length . That is it will go from 16 + hours of light down to 14 or less and prolly pre flower .
Clones will start flower more easily than plants from seed .

Getting as close to day length with out flowering , then back out side to finish for 3-4 months sounds about right .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
:good: Nice one there Sat mate :good:
What EB said too, is what I would be doing ;)
And guys lets keep the unnecessary name calling out of this thread and the rest of the OZ/NZ forum please, it is not what we are all about, we are all brothers and sisters living/sharing the same lump of rock hurtling through the cosmos and growing some dank arsed ganja along the way, we can all get along :gday:
Peace an Puffs
:smoke out:

Rumblefish

Sat I find the safe time for me to plant out clones is 18th of this month.I always have cuttings and they don't flower if I wait until then (works for me where I live ) and hey If I missed some sort of bullshit going on in here childish name calling and shit like that whoever is doing it wake up, Like Ol Mate bOOm said we hang tight here and support each other . discourse is welcome but be respectful..peace and puffs Rf

4tokin

fabtastic
i dont really get that comment though
spivs and carpet baggers?

A little bit of sarcasm.
Charlatans and profiteers.
The vultures are circling.
The only ones who are going to benefit in Oz are the corporates and those with connections. As with most things in life these days, change only happens when some one connected can profit from it.

End of rant

4tokin

good morning ... have an Indica cut that I 'm bringing inside at night to prevent early flowering. just wondering how long I need to do this? or put another way: when can I leave it outside to do its thing? Cheers ... Oh ... located between Q/NSW border and Rockhampton ...

View Image

Looking good.
Instead of bringing it in every night would it be possible to use a small wattage outdoor light on a timer for those couple of hours per day.

Rumblefish

Looking good.
Instead of bringing it in every night would it be possible to use a small wattage outdoor light on a timer for those couple of hours per day.
Gee mate I forgot about this,some years ago I used a few of the solar path light that you get cheap as chips nowadays and put them around a Sensi Star cutting that I planted out a bit early and it stayed in veg

4tokin

Gee mate I forgot about this,some years ago I used a few of the solar path light that you get cheap as chips nowadays and put them around a Sensi Star cutting that I planted out a bit early and it stayed in veg

Thats an even better alternative. Set and forget.

N

noyd666

yep check em first, 3 out of my 5 cheapies don't work,lol. sat's on solar I think? ala bunning's.

S

Sat X RB

Thanks 4Tokin ... I can do that. and Rumbles thanks for a date to work with. that date should even be a cuppla days earlier up here closer to equator.

Happy growing All!

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks 4Tokin ... I can do that. and Rumbles thanks for a date to work with. that date should even be a cuppla days earlier up here closer to equator.

Happy growing All!
nice one sat!,,
looks a lovely plant,,best of luck mate,,,944s2:tiphat:

S

Sat X RB

is that picture from the satellite that landed on the ice cube? musta melted some of it. anyway nice of you to keep us clued up about the world, Noydie ... always liked geography ...

Status
Not open for further replies.