What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge TEMPORARY thread.

G

I didn't get my Seedsman order either. But I also got hacked and can't get into my Seedsman acct. Another Vendor sends his goods with aluminium foil packing. I couldn't be sure but the aluminium may deflect the rays of the machine mentioned previously., or x-rays if they still use them.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Beautiful stuff Pumpkin. Glad someone's outdoor harvest is going to be bountiful. Can't say I'm really diggin the new layout and format either. I've worked in IT for the last seven years and I've not come across a more frustrating format for forum software than this one. Maybe I'll get used to it, but it's certainly not fun at the moment. At least my indoors is going well. Lets see if I can get a photo up here... (It's the top nug from a gg4xSFV og plant, huge producer)

That is a monster strain, man. :good:

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Thanks gatts, will be interesting to see if it gets through. Maybe that new scanner just looks at Chinese posted items and I am just being paranoid but it does seem some things are not getting through. Those random Chinese seeds was bizarre? I think I am addicted to seed collecting and growing, but maybe it's time to pull my head in. I really do have enough seeds to last a lifetime.

Sat, I read somewhere that Seedsman are not accepting new clients in Australia. That tells you something.

Pity Oz wasn't self sufficient regarding seeds.

budsnblunts

Veteran
Morning fullas. Plants are still in the ground. Starting to get cold here. Fingers crossed these will go three more weeks before rotting to nothing.

Attachments

• photo2031012.jpg
    photo2031012.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 12
  • photo2031013.jpg
    photo2031013.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 11
  • photo2031014.jpg
    photo2031014.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 15
  • photo2031015.jpg
    photo2031015.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 16
  • photo2031016.jpg
    photo2031016.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 12
  • photo2031017.jpg
    photo2031017.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 15
  • photo2031018.jpg
    photo2031018.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 16
  • photo2031019.jpg
    photo2031019.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 10
  • photo2031020.jpg
    photo2031020.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 16
G

well after i posted my reply i then went to the link you posted and it certainly made sense ! back last year i received several packages in the mail from china . stuff that i hadn't had a clue about and i also heard from the lady who runs the post office here that others had the same issue . i then read in the paper that customs were onto this and wanted it stopped .. i personally think the new technology has a real effect on procuring seeds from overseas . at this time my new order has been stopped due to covid ! it's certainly a different world at this time .

So wondering what was in the packages you received from China Rod? Were they noxious weed seeds? Sounds really strange. How would they get your address? And why you?

G

I've seen my first issues with international orders never making it through. Interesting to see if this is a new normal

rod58

So wondering what was in the packages you received from China Rod? Were they noxious weed seeds? Sounds really strange. How would they get your address? And why you?

they weren't just things .. one package contained a very cheap made knife and fork set , probably for a kiddies tea set and the other contained stevia seeds .. and if you've bought from china before then they have your address ! and as i said , it wasn't only me !

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey it’s me the Yank ;) Weathers starting to break and I hiked to a nice spot ...an old Hemlock Woods
887B5E11-A74E-4CA5-9AA2-A1FF04C4AF6F.jpeg
A869F63C-03D1-4E0B-B32E-C676F635018D.jpeg
E0F66D73-811F-4A90-A37A-269B6D7D0E36.jpeg
FECE83CF-4851-4201-AAD9-D8AECAF7A4AF.jpeg

G

they weren't just things .. one package contained a very cheap made knife and fork set , probably for a kiddies tea set and the other contained stevia seeds .. and if you've bought from china before then they have your address ! and as i said , it wasn't only me !

Ah. "... and if you've bought from China before". So you and others are on a mailing list. Thanks Rod. I get it now.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
ive purchased heaps of stuff from china but yet to get any weird stuff i havent ordered yet ,
whats the bet they cant scan all our mail but they like to plant seeds to make us think they are so much more powerful than they actually are ,
its a bet i would back for sure ...

rod58

Ah. "... and if you've bought from China before". So you and others are on a mailing list. Thanks Rod. I get it now.

yep , takes a while !
and i'm sure your right don , there must be millions of parcels coming through on a weekly basis care of ebay and the likes .
if you read the link that chi posted its more about chinese companys fudging reviews to increase their business coverage .

gatts

The article about seed detection says the machines are small making them easy to deploy.....they're small, for small packages.....If beans are going to make it through we'll all just have to fork out more for decent size packaging......

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The article about seed detection says the machines are small making them easy to deploy.....they're small, for small packages.....If beans are going to make it through we'll all just have to fork out more for decent size packaging......

Larger packaging get scanned to what i would expect them to be working on now is AI (Artificial intelligence) to go with the scanners so they can speed up the process and remove the human element in the detection.

budsnblunts

Veteran
Hope you guys are all looking after yourselves.. pity about the site. See you all at the beginning of spring. Keep safe fullas.

Attachments

• 20210512_212425.jpg
    20210512_212425.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 10