What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge TEMPORARY thread.

budsnblunts

Veteran
good to see your off and running pumpkin,
hope the season is a winner for you man ,,

yes we lost a bunch of folks since the upgrade ,
kinda weird they said they couldnt work out how to use the new features ,
despite it being quite easy to do ,
i suspect they just didnt like the change ...

The search function and albums are pretty shot. I can't access photos from my older albums.. error messages left right and centre. Definitely a pain in the ass.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
yea i can see an issue with my album too ,
i can scroll a while to find the pic i want to add to a post ,
then if i click the pic , it takes me right back to the start of the album ,
pretty annoying ,
i dunno why the update is only half finished ,
bit like they did all they were allocated ,
which clearly isnt enough ,
so i hear you on those problems b and b ...

Pumpkin

Veteran
Hey Frosty.. I bought one of them trimming machines... and although it wasn't perfect with the trim it did smash through the quantity. I can't remember because I was drunk, but I think we nailed it in just one week with three people.

Pumpkin

Veteran
The debudder thing was very effective. Was just a bit of plastic you could draw your branches through. You could make it better yourself... gives you a few blisters....but it was fine and worked. I used a medicare card on the top to help draw through the branches and save my fingers.. Then ran it through a trimming machine. Wasn't a perfect result by any means. We were in a hurry as mould was an issue last year. I had a fit guy to help me and the process was way faster than i expected.

Pumpkin

Veteran
Cost me 10k for the trimming machine.. and only a few dollars for the debudder think. I highly recommend the investment... as it will pay off if you are doing multiple years. I used to have one of those hand spinner bowls... and i still think that is better than nothing. But best value is those chinese electric spinners. Get a plastic debudder and one of those Chinese copy spinners off ebay. They are not fast but do a decent job.

Pumpkin

Veteran
my last post didn't work. but the chinese electronic spinners off ebay are okay but they are kinda slow. but for $500 they are def better than nothing and i would recommend them to any grower in the 1lb + range.

Pumpkin

Veteran
If you had a bit of steel and drilled a few holes through it that would make an effective debuddrer as well.

Pumpkin

Veteran
I just looked at your thread frosty. the plant looks overwatered to me. I would start again if you have another seed. Whatever is going on with it... it's def a restart for me. The recovery will take longer than starting fresh.

Pumpkin

Veteran
i don't know what the situation is with your plant, but for rockwool to work it has to drain free. You can water it pretty hard with no problem, but never leave it in a dish, all the water needs to be able to run out. You also might be over feeding also. I'm not even thinking about feeding my seeds now, It's just some regular soil. If I am growing hydroponics I would recommend 1/2 to 1/4 of the feeding recommendations on that packet at this stage of growth. But definitely I would start again than continue. It's very difficult to bring a young plant back to health and can take months. Replanting is the best option.

Pumpkin

Veteran
I've overwatered my own seed this season. I'm so used to hydroponics i have to pull myself back a lot. But those little seed pods have enough placenta or whatever it is that feeds the, for the first 7 days. You gota be real gentle when they are young. It is when they are most venerable. If you nail the first two weeks the rest is easy. The biggest challenge is the start, so just start again and get it right.

Pumpkin

Veteran
It's really quiet here... but if you are having any problems frosty. I've done my fair bit of hydro so can help you out. My random guess is you need to let things drain, or feed way less or both.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
I thought you would need a team effort to get through that lot.
Here's my latest plant a Kiss Fem from The Vault I got free from a giveaway here, got 3 seeds, a tshirt and some rolling papers, wearing the tshirt now.

Red Snake Ladyboy 2

rod58

good to see your off and running pumpkin,
hope the season is a winner for you man ,,

yes we lost a bunch of folks since the upgrade ,
kinda weird they said they couldnt work out how to use the new features ,
despite it being quite easy to do ,
i suspect they just didnt like the change ...

true that don .. and i think in the early stages of the new version the dynamics changed quite considerably . several of my friends left which also then impacted on myself but after swearing that i also was leaving i've since changed my mind !
i don't know about the rest of oz but this year has certainly been markedly different re ; the weather .. my new home has recorded 36in of rain so far and after living in very arid places all my life it's been a struggle , and the cold ..damn , i've nearly burnt a whole forest so far .. it has had a huge inpact on germination and even keeping plants going out bush ! but ,.. give it another 2 months and i'll wonder what the fuss was all about ..
on another note .. the seedbanks i've been using in the past have now stopped sending to oz . has anyone had luck with getting beans in ?
well must go and chop another tree down ! cheerio .

gatts

Hey fellas, still lurking around.

I've had a streak of good luck with orders lately.

JBC for the win.

Seed City didn't make it.

Used Real Gorilla in the past and they came through.

Brother Nature

My next project :D Not sure what I'll name it, but it's a Bubble-Berry x ((Phantom Cookies x Black Domina) x C99). I've always had luck with Herbies, Attitude, and Real Gorilla. Best stealth I've ever seen came from Kwik Seeds (Real Seed Co.), took me a minute to find them haha.

IMG_3277.JPG
IMG_3276.JPG
IMG_3275.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3277.JPG
    IMG_3277.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3276.JPG
    IMG_3276.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3275.JPG
    IMG_3275.JPG