What's new

Aussie/Kiwi Outdoor Season 2007-2008

Pumpkin

Veteran
SilverSurfer: I don't know about your green manure theory... I don't think it is going to hurt that much but i also don't think it will help. You need to compost any vegtable matter before it has avaliable nutrients to your plans. putting fresh plant matter means your soil may hot compost and increase the soil temprature and do more damage rather than good...i.e. frying your roots. from the picture it doesn't look like it is much matter at all so won't hurt digging it in. But in general your plant matter needs to compost before being added to the soil to be ready to plant in and have avaliable nutrients to the soil.

dobo.... possums... ha... if you don't want to shoot them you can get a cat... cats cause a whole set of new problems though, but not quite as bad as possums. electric fences keep most things at bay.

Last edited:
Just fg\lowering?!?Wow...
I've pulled everything except a massive sativa and,of all things,AK48....My sativa has maybe 3weeks,possibly as little as 10 days though....AK48,I did not expect this to be myslowest strain....the plant looks very Indica ands flowers very Indica in every way but the time span....Beautiful buds though!!!

Fkn awesome peoples....Doing ozzie proud!!

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this one has come a long way in 3 weeks,,,

some nice sized colas, the shade leaves are dinner plate size....

but these girls are still a long way off...

covered in buds....

I love this time of the year,, good luck with yours fellas

smurf

G

Guyute54

You aussies always have some HUGE plant's. Great work all I love lurking this thread over winter. How's the wether down there this time of year? Any places have to start worrying about frost yet?

Pumpkin

Veteran
EzekielDee: I'm in the bottom half of Australia... in line with Canberra. I think this plant just needed really long nights to start flowering. Most of my plants and friends plants will be finishing and all up in the next 2-3 weeks.

Guyute: Jun July and August are our coldest months. We can get frost in May but no earlier where I live.

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Like Pumkin said, no frost here for a few more mths , I hope! ,, , some of these girls are 6 mths old now,, where as the container plants have only a few weeks before finished.
I tried for a panoramic view, not too good at this photography stuff.

The plant in the bottom right corner is the flowering indica in my last post.

smurf :wave:

G

guest123

EzekielDee said:
Just fg\lowering?!?Wow...
I've pulled everything except a massive sativa and,of all things,AK48....My sativa has maybe 3weeks,possibly as little as 10 days though....AK48,I did not expect this to be myslowest strain....the plant looks very Indica ands flowers very Indica in every way but the time span....Beautiful buds though!!!

Fkn awesome peoples....Doing ozzie proud!!

i had a few aks in the feilds this year ,, and have to say the same u did ,, quite an indica look , but took forever it seemed to finish ,, i expected to pick them several weeks before they were ready ,, not even sure if they were ready properly when i picked them ,, very slow finishers ,,, lol ...

Technique

i've started pulling some things up, and i might do a few more too, i had some bad luck with rain and heavy tops breaking off,

also scored some lovely rot, but only tiny so i've removed a few buds from that plant..

i might try leave some for a few more weeks, but the look about done..time to flush i think.

might have some photos soon :)

my leaves are mainly yellow and they have been getting a healthy dose of p&k booster. i'm still happy!

Technique

To harvest or not to harvest.. that is the question....

i got no idea what to do. rain looks like its coming, and i am getting a little rot here and there.

and i dont think they are big enough, haha

Moi...Personally,I'd push it another week Technique...poet...Didn't know it LOL....Seriously,Some nice bud,but another week looks like it'd do it the world of goodness....Actually,that last photo looks the goods....Fark,I don't know!!

dobo

mines very similar to your plants tech.I've checked the trichomes and they are pretty much all cloudy...no sign of amber yet tho..I would say another week or two..

Technique

yeah nice,

i thought as much, my friends pulled theirs up which i told em to leave for a bit longer.

would moving them out of direct sun and under cover be ok?

i'm getting a bit of rot here and there. the moisture is killing me

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Technique said:
yeah nice,

i thought as much, my friends pulled theirs up which i told em to leave for a bit longer.

would moving them out of direct sun and under cover be ok?

i'm getting a bit of rot here and there. the moisture is killing me
Absolutely Technique,, thats what I do to prevent as much mold as possible,,,, I drag as many of the containers undercover when it rains, and then back out again when the weather clears up,, I often do it during the last few weeks of bloom.

Passenger

Flying dutchman's The Pure/Skunk #1 at 3 1/2 weeks

She's at 6-7 weeks now so i'll have to upload new pictures.

Last edited:

Passenger

This is it at 6 1/2 weeks maybe 7.

The trichomes are still clear and I think maybe a couple are milky. The Head's getting heavy and bending the plant.

The photo quality is poor due to it being a camera phone and I can't focus on it.

Last edited: