What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

are you watching the olympics?

dbuzz

Veteran
Cali smoke said:
the opening ceremony gave me goosebumps, so awesome.

opening was sfawesome. gonna have to re-watch some of those pyrotechnic displays in high def.

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
Amazing opening ceremony, a global event the like of which the world has never seen - unfuckingbelievable, the repeat is starting at 1:30 central. Incredible.
H

BoB91

Dam-

Dam-

What a freacking relay!!!!! The French were talking so much trash. Looks like Phelps still has a chance at breaking or tying Spitz record gold! Can you tell I like to swim?!My lungs just aint what they used to be! Oh well! :joint: :D :laughing:

S

stoned teacher

Been watching a lot...

Mens relay 4 x 100 was absolutely sick! First 5 places broke the world record, plus with the trash talk the anchor of the French made beforehand, for him to lose that lead..keeping Phelps hopes at 8 golds alive, Pres. watching...was awesome....That race compared in Olympic excitement to old school Mary Lou Retton scoring a perfect 10 on that vault in 84!

Real exciting and fun to root for your country, though it was hard to root against the Netherlands when we were playing them........(forgot what sport already)

dbuzz

Veteran
frenchrelay1iv3.jpg

trouble

Veteran
dbuzz said:

HA! HA! The French talked all that rubbish in the mens 4x100 relay and then got owned by the USA team, I wanted the Aussies to beat them as well and take the silver medal! The only hope the French ever have of winning a bunch of gold medals in the Olympics is if they one day add spoting events to the venue called
"Surrender & Retreat." Who ever gives-up first or runs backwards the fastest wins!

The following is a recent add in a French News Paper:

For sale: 500,000 WWII French Army rifles, like new, never fired, dropped once. Best offer or will trade for one healthy donkey.

:wave: Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Last edited:

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
I never see the events I want to see like archery and the other ranged sports.

Deft said:
I never see the events I want to see like archery and the other ranged sports.

Yeah, most of the ranged stuff I dont believe makes it to TV. The first event to medal in this year was air rifles, and I didnt see that on the TV, yet it was first.........

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Not seeing the high speed masturbating competitions either. Hear the French team has got it licked tho.
Seriously tho, the main stream competitions and big names get the spot lights while archery, air rifles, and the like never see the light of the cameras. Guess not all athletes are created equal eh?

Last edited:
W

Wunderkind

everything is televised (shooting included). If you didn't see it, you weren't watching at the right time or the right channel, I have 6 channels of olympic sports. I've been watching as much as I can.

Swimming has been awesome, the 4x100 relay marked probably the most excited I've ever been at 3:45am. It was a great, great race and Frenchies talking before hand made it that much sweeter.

The Bronze we, the U.S., won in gymnastics was really exciting. They were doing some amazing shit on the high bar. Then Harold & Kumar choked on the pommel horse, but the dude after him totally killed it and won us a medal we weren't supposed to win.

The only thing that's kind of disappointing is Boxing. The scoring system is so weird and doesn't really make sense. I saw a dude land a wicked hook to the body and didn't receive a point for it. Then again, it's Olympic Boxing, it's more of a refined skill, if you will.

And just to let everyone know, the Track & Field Men's 100m Final is Saturday night, U.S. time. That's the event I love the most and it's going to be unbelievable this year with Gay, Bolt, & Powell running against each other.

Last edited: