What's new

Are you prepared?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbbieDoobie

The minority of people with farms and guns vs. the vast majority of people without farms, but with guns. Who is going to win?

F

feral

The minority of people with farms and guns vs. the vast majority of people without farms, but with guns. Who is going to win?
those with the least amount of collateral. In order to stay alive in a 'doomsday' situation', one is going to have to be able to pick up and move at a moments notice.
The more stuff you have the slower you'll be able to move around. I think if shit happens and that's a BIG if, those that know how to survive in the wild and become nomadic will have the best chance.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you're giving way too much weight or credibility to the unprepared masses just because they're armed, my guess is one prepared farmer can stand off 20 city idiots (citiots).

he knows his land, will have laid some traps and will drop citiots @ will. fuck, I'd lure the shitload of 'em in somehow & set fire to the field they're crossing (on foot because of logs & pits being dug) , fuckin' childs play.

we have ALL the bobcats & bulldozers we need to fortify our castles, country folk are TOUGH, and city folk just be weak. that's why they moved to the city so someone else comes by to pick their garbage.

because we're country folk we own GPS units & know how to use them, no not those stupid fucking 'Tom-Tom' things that keep citiots from getting lost (you even beginning to see the real picture here yet?) and we know how to use ours in the woods @ night. We have hidden game cameras mounted on our land, we even have night vision glasses and yeah we know how to use 'em too. we already know how to hunt/fish/survive & citiots can only hope to raid the fridge because they're NOT survivors.

and when 40-50 citiots come calling at once wouldn't it be to their surprise to find out that a few farmers neighbors showed up for a good ol' citiot shoot.......

the sheriff in my county can be 20-30 minutes away @ any given time, all of us that live in the country play by a different set of rules and are prepared NOW/TODAY to take care of ourselves, citiots will be desperate, tired & unprepared. citiots best use in the country will be for hog feed after they've been 'harvested'.

but hey, wtf would I know huh.......

HillBillMt

stoner fella is right,,, what ya see at the fence is not a ribbon, its a windage flag,,, :shooty:

i score a gun-shot trama kit and a case of freeze-dried ice cream sandwiches while out yesterday, refreshing treat in the summer heat ,, HHB

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's some funny shit ST4L. Couldn't agree more. City folk wouldn't have a chance in hell running around this neck of the woods.

Aside from my main residence on a lake which is in a country neighborhood. I'm in the process of acquiring a large tract of land off the beaten path for possible future farming, security, and community based projects when/if the SHTF. If nothing else it will be fun to go fuck around and shoot on.

I'm going to put my money on the country folk. City people tend to be soft and spoiled.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
stoner fella is right,,, what ya see at the fence is not a ribbon, its a windage flag,,, :shooty:

i score a gun-shot trama kit and a case of freeze-dried ice cream sandwiches while out yesterday, refreshing treat in the summer heat ,, HHB
right on bro. I used to shoot woodchucks out to 400 yds w/my .25-06 Ruger back east, out here in MN all of my shooting's done @ 100-150 yds & I can center punch a dime at those distances every time.

That's some funny shit ST4L. Couldn't agree more. City folk wouldn't have a chance in hell running around this neck of the woods.

Aside from my main residence on a lake which is in a country neighborhood. I'm in the process of acquiring a large tract of land off the beaten path for possible future farming, security, and community based projects when/if the SHTF. If nothing else it will be fun to go fuck around and shoot on.

I'm going to put my money on the country folk. City people tend to be soft and spoiled.
try some target shooting w/paper plates taped to sticks @ 300yds Gramps, perfect that 300 yd shot and everything closer will drop easily.

by the time they get to the country the masses of citiot raiders will have fought & killed amongst themselves in desperate attempts to hoard the bounty, they'll be tired and afraid of their own shadows imo. the toughest of them will get the farthest but will likely die just inside the fence line of the 1st property he crosses in country like mine.

I have the equipment (all hand equip btw) to punch a surface water well (up to 20 feet deep) and operate it if my own deep well goes bad, citiots can turn a faucet to the left and right. with one of my generators it's now a power well as I have that equipment (pressure tank & pump) too, total cost of all of the above well related stuff is less than $400 but in the country we tend to prepare for disasters like tornadoes and such.

citiots don't stand a chance.

Last edited:

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You paranoid Hilljacks crack me up lol

:biglaugh: The feeling is mutual my friend. You brain dead people crack me up too. I reckon we will have the final laugh though.

Enjoy the deflation first and then hyperinflation cycle ahead.

I know one thing. You can eat irony when you get hungry.

:snap out of it:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You paranoid Hilljacks crack me up lol
paranoid? I hunt & fish and farm my own garden because I can. I own generators in case the power goes out. we have bobcats, dozers, front end loaders because we work hard, GPS & game cameras because we prefer to hunt effectively, THIS is our nature our way of life. just because we've discussed using/combining our skills, efforts and knowledge into a plan to thwart any aggressions does NOT make us paranoid; no it just sort of makes us prepared.

we don't have the comforts of city police to keep our streets safe, we're very much self policing in protecting our property and our lives period. if my water goes out I don't call the utility company I start to fixing my well.

true story:
we're on our way out of a very remote lake after a long day of fishing in northern MN, the lake is on a long untraveled logging road to get in & out, suddenly there's a huge poplar tree laying across the road blocking our exit that wasn't there on the way in and it's at least 4 miles to the next real road.

so what did we do??? we took out our chainsaw & cut that fucker up. coincidence that we had one on hand??? hell no, quite often there's a tree or two in the road on our way in to the lake, that was the first time ever we had to cut our way out. and THAT'S how we go fishing in remote minnesota.......

don't believe or understand the above?
then one day the joke will be on you.

even a boyscout knows to be prepared.

Last edited:

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
I remember coming home from the BWCA after a bad storm a few years back and there were hundreds of trees across the roads. All the locals came out with their chainsaws and beer and got that shit cleared so that people could get around. I remember wishing I had my chainsaw with me. It would have been fun working along side those who live and breathe where I only vacation. I'm probably one of those Citiots, but I have a lot of respect for people who can make it on the iron range. It takes a special breed.

GreatLakes THC :joint:

Frogger

I was just watching TV last the history channel and they had a show about this very thing
city's last and average one week with out power. Then they go to hell fast.
Just the same thing we were saying.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was just watching TV last the history channel and they had a show about this very thing
city's last and average one week with out power. Then they go to hell fast.
Just the same thing we were saying.

Yep. Take away the fancy gadgets and gizmo's. Turn off the lights and water and the SHTF very quickly. The veil of civilization is very, very thin.

med_breeder

I saw that show last night/this morning on the history channel. The experts they had were fairly grounded and knowledgeable. They were not over the top. They protrayed a realistic escape from LA.

Status
Not open for further replies.