What's new

Are you prepared?

Status
Not open for further replies.

del...

if anarchy were to occur i wouldnt supply myself i'd armed-stick up everyone near me...no joke

seeing as how you would have to live in a city to make such a crime pay off i doubt if you'd last 2 days...and those of us living life outside of the cities would be laying in wait for people like you...seriously!

if you wish to survive you'll need a new plan. thieves and other neer-do-wells will be the first to go. perhaps cooperation might be a better way to live longer and thrive? i think so...

On this thread there has been lots of talk about investing in gold. My question is, if there was an intense economic event would gold be that valuable during the conflict. When people are paniced and starving would gold be worth anything? After the crisis has settled down, I can see gold's value returning. But in the days after some event, wouldn't things like can foods, chocolate, tampons, water, antibiotics be of greater value?

Just some thaughts,

peace

There was an amazing forum that had a man that lived in 1st world Argentina, and 10 years later, was online to describe his story as Argentina slipped into 3rd world category. Gold was mostly useless if memory serves me right

I haven't read all 24 pages but in case this or something similiar hasn't been linked yet:

http://www.silverbearcafe.com/private/10.08/tshtf1.html

Editor's note: the article that follows is a very sobering account of the effect that the collapse of the Argentine economy (1999 - 2002) had on its citizens, as seen through the eyes of one of them.

Very interesting read, and I would not be surprised to see something similar happen here in the US in the near future.

One thing I would suggest to people, instead of raiding the grocery store go raid the pharmacy. Food is relatively easy to come by, but medicine will not be in a worst case scenario.

That's what I was looking for, my bad that I missed your post, K+

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
if anarchy were to occur i wouldnt supply myself i'd armed-stick up everyone near me...no joke

yes my friend please come and try that with me.

i will be armed to the teeth if SHTF and i will defend my homestead and supplies to the death. if you want to steal my shit you are gonna need body armor my friend.

ive been slowly stocking up on canned goods every time i go to the grocery store. been buying lots of stuff with expiration dates of 2012 which is kinda funny/weird.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
not when i snipe em with a deer-rifle...lets hope it doesnt come to that

lol deer rifle?

you're gonna need more than that. we will be gaurded by three dudes and a huge assortment of toys. ar-15 with holographic sight, SKS dragunov, Mini 14 with a 30 rounder, shotguns and pistols for close range, and hopefully in the next few months i will be adding a 7.62 AR-10 sniper rifle with an ACOG scope to the collection. my buddies got the AKs too.

and all of us got lots of range time.

KillerDemo

lol deer rifle?

you're gonna need more than that. we will be gaurded by three dudes and a huge assortment of toys. ar-15 with holographic sight, SKS dragunov, Mini 14 with a 30 rounder, shotguns and pistols for close range, and hopefully in the next few months i will be adding a 7.62 AR-10 sniper rifle with an ACOG scope to the collection. my buddies got the AKs too.

and all of us got lots of range time.

i aint worried...u would have to be within 500 meters...I can 800+ with a 30-06 zeroed in scope...what u know about that? I doubt u can stalk crawl too...nice try RE wannabe

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

sure as shit I am.......

powers out all over the place (high winds/trees) and
I'm sitting here watching TV & cruising the boards, it
takes about 10 minutes to get my generator going.
if it's going to be an all nighter I'll plug all my freezers
in too, until then I use it @ low rpm's for economy.

All I can do is scavenge to survive, find peoples weapons, if lucky enough to find some that weren't picked up (those would be worth more than food). I'd start a nice hide of some food, probably several so if one is lost it's not everything. I know I can build shelters and if crap happened, fact is your going to find tons of scrap! I don't think I am in a direct nuclear targeted zone, just one the edges of some major ones so this one would be a secondary. They go for the Military bases first as well as the major cities, then cities that have industry. There isn't much around here, so I'd get a hot breeze, some broken windows if you up on a hill....and some nasty radiation, it would only do well turning a carbon scrubber the other way!

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
strength in numbers, brothers and sisters ... we need a holy order of tokers, the knights of the roor, look at all the tokers there are, we'd have 'em from beijing to cucamonga, philsoophers, scientists, soldiers, even presidents ... instead of the taliban we'd be the tali-tokers :D

strength in numbers, brothers and sisters ... we need a holy order of tokers, the knights of the roor, look at all the tokers there are, we'd have 'em from beijing to cucamonga, philsoophers, scientists, soldiers, even presidents ... instead of the taliban we'd be the tali-tokers :D

That doesn't sound good, probably going into your FED file now! Honestly, I don't think I would want to survive with tokers. Unless there are some pretty girls there and a lack of boys!

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
land and a managed deer herd..

7 springs..

lots of wild pork

guns and reloading supplies

several long and compound bows

horses and tack

non hybrid seeds (no gen mod stuff)

ect...

del...

a rainbow gathering is a perfect school for learning about surviving without the corner quickie-mart. there are seminars on wild foods, kitchen, bathroom (shitters) & shelter building, safe sources of drinking water, etc etc etc...this year's gather will be on the east-central coast somewhere. if you can, y'all should make it there! if not this year then the next...and there are regional gatherings happening in all corners of the country (the world too!) including the upcoming 4/20 gathering! there are a couple happening in az, one in new mexico, several around california, florida, maine, iowa, michigan...iow, there'll be one happening near you no matter where you live. i'll be at the northern az 4/20 gathering next week then vegas for a few days (they usually last for a month or so) then back to the woods, in case anyone in my neighborhood needs a ride or directions.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i aint worried...u would have to be within 500 meters...I can 800+ with a 30-06 zeroed in scope...what u know about that? I doubt u can stalk crawl too...nice try RE wannabe

yea im not in the forest though so 800 plus meters is a over kill....RE wannabe? im just a dude with alot of guns in case SHTF i know theres gonna be a ton of stickup boys just like you.

and if any looters want to try and rob my property were gonna have a good ol fashioned firefight...why are you gonna try and rob from fellow armed citizens when theres PLENTY of anti-gun brady activist liberals that you can rob lol.

Theres a saying in the gun community...when someone asks you "what will you be eating when SHTF?" and many say "whatever my unarmed liberal neighbors have!"

i might be buying a Remington 700 in 308 with a Lapold scope this week...for hunting deers and shit, theres a bunch of em around here one deer can feed your family for weeks.

KillerDemo

yea im not in the forest though so 800 plus meters is a over kill....RE wannabe? im just a dude with alot of guns in case SHTF i know theres gonna be a ton of stickup boys just like you.

and if any looters want to try and rob my property were gonna have a good ol fashioned firefight...why are you gonna try and rob from fellow armed citizens when theres PLENTY of anti-gun brady activist liberals that you can rob lol.

Theres a saying in the gun community...when someone asks you "what will you be eating when SHTF?" and many say "whatever my unarmed liberal neighbors have!"

i might be buying a Remington 700 in 308 with a Lapold scope this week...for hunting deers and shit, theres a bunch of em around here one deer can feed your family for weeks.

instead of getting all political...in a dire situation you'd be suprised at what ppl will do.

NOKUY

Veteran
...always a good idea to have a rural place where you can be self sufficient if all of a sudden the stores run out of groceries and the money the banks give you is worth less than a wet-wipe....

...plan ahead.....it might be a seriously good option....

amen! :ying:

Status
Not open for further replies.