What's new

Are Bubble Bags really made from Goretex?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorsprung

Thanks, Vorsprung, I hit them up for a yard of both colors, for free samples, wonder if they will oblige me? That would pretty much take care of my needs.

Now onto finding the exactly right mesh. I been looking at some, but frankly it's hard to find!

thanks for the help.

worth a shot.. but more than likely sample swatches will not be a yard, rather a 10"x10" or closer to that size.. ;)

You might have to spend a little money to get a yard, if they sell in that small of a quantity.

L

LolaGal

I implied I was a wholesale king.... I asked for the price breakdown on wholesale lots. Fingers crossed.... lol

If you don’t want to drop the cash on "bubble bags" I’ve read a lot of good things about the pay load bags. I have used the older bubble bags at least 3 years old. and just a few days ago I bought a set of pay load bags they are for sure thinner and not as high quality but I had easy 60-80 lbs of ice and trim in the work bag when me and a buddy lifted and let drain the seems are supper strong and I had no real concern of them breaking. I just installed a small pulley system in my garage so I can run trim by my self and let it hang and drain with out my arms falling off..

Just a tip for all the cold water dudes USE Filtered water. I have a tall boy filter for my grow rooms and would never make it again not using filtered water you can honestly taste the difference.

I got so lucky purchasing these bags!!! I called the store asking if they had bubble bags if so what sizes what numbers of bags and the price... he said we only carry pay load bags i did a little research found that most people like them. So i asked for the price he said since he knows me he could do 250 out the door with no tax. So i call my buddy we go down to the store and split the cost of the bags which was nice lol. i get into the car, pull a bag out of the box to see how they look. I was shocked to unfold a HUGE bag. I drive home thinking about what just happened. Get home look at the box and it says 32 gal 9 bag kit. I almost did a back flip they retail online for 500 bucks plus shipping. I would of brought them back and asked for the 5 gal bags if I normally did not have a lot of trim but I grow indoor and have friends who grow outdoor so it worked out great getting these huge ones. I just thought it was funny when I was planning on buying a 5 gal bucket and a bag of ice using a fat wooden spoon. But I left home depot with a 32 gal trash can a small pulley set up. Stopped off and got a wooden paddle from a small boat to mix it. Any experienced people have something better in mind to stir it? Would a paint mixer on a power drill be to crazy? Or should I stick with the wooden oar paddle thing…

Vorsprung

Payload bags are still WAY too expensive for what they are. Especially if you're saying the quality is LESS than Bubble Bags.

FYI, the larger bags have an even higher profit margin than the already grotesque margins seen on the smaller bags.

It would be nice if a set of 4 twenty or thirty-two gallon bag sets could be had for around $120, huh? Like.. really high quality ones. That would be something great.

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Can you provide any links to some under 50 dollar portable washing machines? i could only find one, and it was a hand crank model.

http://www.amazon.com/BRAND-NOT-SPECIFIED-Wonder-Washer/dp/B000BTDNEK/ref=cm_cmu_pg_i

I saw the hand crank model too... I actually dig that unit cause it has the drain tube at the bottom.. The one above has to be opened and dumped... A washer is a washer though.. You could use a regular sized washing machine, and just drain through a set of bubble bags

Last edited:
L

LolaGal

Score! :)

Score! :)

Here is a source for 1680 denier nylon with polyurethane coat. They might have material minimums but it might be worth a phone call or email:

http://www.covinsales.com/nylons.html

Thanks, Vorsprung, I hit them up for a yard of both colors, for free samples, wonder if they will oblige me? That would pretty much take care of my needs.

Now onto finding the exactly right mesh. I been looking at some, but frankly it's hard to find!

thanks for the help.

worth a shot.. but more than likely sample swatches will not be a yard, rather a 10"x10" or closer to that size.. ;)

You might have to spend a little money to get a yard, if they sell in that small of a quantity.

Yippie! Those nice people sent me a some samples today! Yippie!

I got a yard of the 1680 Denier Ballistic nylon in both Royal Blue and a yard in Black as well. I'm nearly set and ready to go. My Nitex samples have not arrived yet.... :(

Got my thread, sewing machine is ready to start... zoom zoom. bubble bags!

Still ain't got my other contraption for straining honey yet!

:dance: Thanks for the great link, 2 yards of 1680D will keep me in bubble bags for life.... and the cost? free! free! free! :)

:dance:

Vorsprung

Yippie! Those nice people sent me a some samples today! Yippie!

I got a yard of the 1680 Denier Ballistic nylon in both Royal Blue and a yard in Black as well. I'm nearly set and ready to go. My Nitex samples have not arrived yet.... :(

Got my thread, sewing machine is ready to start... zoom zoom. bubble bags!

Still ain't got my other contraption for straining honey yet!

:dance: Thanks for the great link, 2 yards of 1680D will keep me in bubble bags for life.... and the cost? free! free! free! :)

:dance:

AWESOME LOLA! Just FYI.. Nitex will work but isn't the 'best' for this application. I think Nitex was 'name dropped' just the same as Goretex was (because those are fancy, high priced proprietary materials, now!) and isn't really in the mix so to speak. Nitex is a polyamide mesh which means nylon mesh which means moisture sensitivity which means possible pore size changes in wet environments. What you really want is a high quality monofilament polyethylene mesh.

Look forward to seeing how they turn out!

L

LolaGal

I am getting tired of searching vorsprung, got a link? heehee.....

I got some lovely yellow thread to sew em up with! Can't wait to get started.

thanks for the input! :)

Vorsprung

I am getting tired of searching vorsprung, got a link? heehee.....

I got some lovely yellow thread to sew em up with! Can't wait to get started.

thanks for the input! :)

actually not local.. I would just contact a local silk screen supplier in the yellow pages and see if they can spare you some samples.

L

LolaGal

You are brilliant Vorsprung! Good idea.

Then total cost would be just the thread.... heehee.

Peace and keep thinkin! It does me good when you think! :)

Vorsprung

You are brilliant Vorsprung! Good idea.

Then total cost would be just the thread.... heehee.

Peace and keep thinkin! It does me good when you think! :)

LOL.. well I appreciate your can-do spirit and can't wait to see your final product. I'll PM you some information regarding the best way to bind/stitch the mesh to the bag a little bit later or first thing in the morning (getting the kids to bed and it's movie night w/ the wife).

L

LolaGal

Cool, i need all the help I can get.

I emailed a company in China, and trying to get samples of their mesh. They volunteered to make any product I needed, so I told em how to make a 9 bag set, told em to give me a price quote on a thousand sets. I told em that a sample set would be necessary to see their craftsmanship.... heehee heehee....

anyways, maybe they'll send some fabric samples... :)

Vorsprung

Cool, i need all the help I can get.

I emailed a company in China, and trying to get samples of their mesh. They volunteered to make any product I needed, so I told em how to make a 9 bag set, told em to give me a price quote on a thousand sets. I told em that a sample set would be necessary to see their craftsmanship.... heehee heehee....

anyways, maybe they'll send some fabric samples... :)

here you go, these authentic pieces of crap (pretty much same as most Ebay bags) are only $2.50 each bag. You only need to buy 500 ea mesh minimum order:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/215766872/bubble_bag_5_bags_set_.html

**disclaimer: mesh incorrect size. PVC coat needs no explanation. Bad stitching. BUT THEY'RE CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP! :p

L

LolaGal

i'll go check it out. thanks. I love your helpfulness.

If you hadn't helped, I would not be this far. I have been reading up on Gumby Hash too.

thank you.

L

LolaGal

Current International Negotiations with the Chinese have begun.

I found a Chinese manufacturer and trying to get some samples.

wish me luck.

Vorsprung

Current International Negotiations with the Chinese have begun.

I found a Chinese manufacturer and trying to get some samples.

wish me luck.

bags or mesh? if bags.. they're all crap.. don't waste your time using them they'll just make a messy waste. if mesh, make sure it's high quality polyethylene MONO filament, guaranteed micron/pore size.. no fabric mesh, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts