What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

are aluminum grinders a health hazard?

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ahhh, don't bring back memories of the Zippo-toke...

Don't forget the mustachio. I've a tiny pint sized hash pipe I call the Mustache Destroyer.

well, if you have a snout like mine, it is easy to burn yourself...:biggrin:

Or light the inside of your nose on fire :biggrin:

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
at this point everything is a health hazard....fukk it...eating tuna more than like once a week is too lol..gimme some extra mercury on the side

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
Yeah, I remember when we all threw out our aluminum cookware and switched to stainless steel. Then researchers failed to determine a link between ingested aluminum and dementia. Just read that cornbread is a potent source of dietary aluminum. Myself, I try to avoid hamburgers. Mad cow you know. Better to eat steak since it's just the meat of one animal. Better odds that way.

Been wanting to make a post on how to roll a nice aluminum foil pipe. Don't clean them. Just toss when you cough and roll a new one. Totally classless but immensely practical.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Been wanting to make a post on how to roll a nice aluminum foil pipe. Don't clean them. Just toss when you cough and roll a new one. Totally classless but immensely practical.

Might as well just poke some hooles in a beer can and crush it when you are done. Bad for the lungs IMO.

My alum / anozided grinder is slap wore out.

How about one of these?

IMG_3662_1024x1024.jpg

https://www.futo.ca/collections/gri...solid-exotic-wood-cnc-machined-made-in-canada

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I haven't seen any studies on the effects of constantly inhaling aluminum fumes. I've seen plenty of papers on aluminum toxicity. Any device which grinds aluminum into your cannabis, is going to cause additional inhalation of aluminum atoms. Period, end of story. Whether a lifetime of aluminum grinder usage is enough to trigger issues, I have no idea.

I'd skip the foil pipe idea though. Having experience with this in the past, the throat issues I had were 'not' from the cannabis. ;)

https://www.winchesterhospital.org/health-library/article?id=164929

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Meh. Just shove a whole nug into the bowl and vape it that way. Yeah, I said vape. I don't smoke anymore. But you definitely get the best flavors this way, for sure. I honestly don't use my grinder anymore. Last time I had to was when I bought some super, rock-hard nugs from a dispensary that were literally rock hard. For most of the density of cannabis buds that I would consider top-shelf (of which rock hard does NOT fall into the category), grinding is simply unnecessary.

Drewsif

Grinders remove all the trichromes. Carefully use scissors to have the best flavors.

Umm, carefully grind so the air flow fully extracts the flavor. I'm a quarter calyx man myself.

Do any of you who say these weird things actually smoke weed? None of if make sense in practice only in theory..you cant vape q bud work a shit without at least a half calyx bust.

Aluminum oxide is gross. Stainless works great.

shithawk420

Veteran
Here we go again.i refuse to believe your gonna get any less higher from grinding cause of trichome loss.if you get a good quality grinder I doubt your gonna get any metal shavings.get a mendo mulcher if you want steel instead of aluminum.

I have never owned a grinder and never will.

Sure it sucks if you are smoking a lot of joints, but I prefer glass most of the time anyways.

Never even thought about particles of the grinder ending up in the Cannabis...

Glad I haven’t really used grinders much at all.

M

MrGanjaMan

The first grinder I ever bought was one made from wood with steel pins. I was to poor to buy those fancy aluminium ones.

They still make these kind of grinders. Just Google for wooden grinder.

xl-2-parts.jpg

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Grinders remove all the trichromes. Carefully use scissors to have the best flavors.
This is cute. :)

No offense, but it's impossible to knock off "all the trichomes" with trichome dense cannabis. :) If you're ending up with no trichomes, you have very few to begin with. Grinders knock off less than using your fingers, and I still prefer my fingers. :)

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
This is cute. :)

No offense, but it's impossible to knock off "all the trichomes" with trichome dense cannabis. :) If you're ending up with no trichomes, you have very few to begin with. Grinders knock off less than using your fingers, and I still prefer my fingers. :)

What is that sticky stuff resembling hash stuck to the inside off grinders?

And why would I not prefer that mystery stuff in my joint?

shithawk420

Veteran
Lol I knew this was gonna happen.happens Everytime these threads come up.there is no way anyone is getting less high using a grinder.if someone makes that claim then it's all in there head.i prefer 4 piece grinders myself.had a sharpstone for ten years.broke one tooth but that thing went through literally 50 pounds.some prick stole it otherwise I'd still have it

Reactions: Gry

Bobby Boucher

Grinder for joints, broken down by hand for blunts or bowls.

Don't grind up all your weed at once.

Collect the hash from your grinder with ethanol or isopropyl periodically to make edibles or topicals.

Glue the "lost" kief out of the grinder to your blunts or joints with extracts to make fancy tarantula joints.

Crisis averted.

Reactions: Gry

Bobby Boucher

..Taking a look back into history, the herb grinder actually started as an industrial tool and was invented by Lewis Heim (early 1900s). Back then it was a center-less piece which is different from what we see these days. After a while the original two piece model came out, these grinders did not have the kief collection chambers like the ones we have now. It wasn't until the 1960's that the grinder was adopted for grinding cannabis.

..In online smoke shops and head shops you can find grinders that are made out of plastic, acrylics or even stainless steel which is super durable.

Latest posts

Latest posts