What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Arcata Trainwreck

TonyBalogna

I got these cuts gifted to me as Trainwreck. They came from a bay area clone distributor who is supposed to be reputable... Im wondering if they appear to be the Arcata cut? I know it would be much easier if they were flowering but this is what they look like right now. Anybody wanna guess? Thanks in advance for your help!
F2ZNo!

Those are an O.G. cut of some sort. I know because I grow five different O.G. mothers and vend them to clubs. They look like O.G. Kush X T.W. Where's the sativa at when you look at those? My T.W. plants always look sickly and lanky when they're little. If it is it's a Afghani pheno. Or a cross. Here's a pic of two T.W.'s in my veg room. This cut will always be in my arsenal.
Good and Bad 164.jpg

thechurch

I am realy fascinated bij the Trainwreck and have had the opportunity to smoke some once in Amsterdam at the Greenhouse coffeeshop. (I live in holland) I hope someone can help me out here?

When not living in the U.S.A. so unable to obtain the arcatta cut wanting to grow some TW, which seeds should i buy. I wanted to buy those of the Greenhouse. Having read most of this thread, i conlude people are not to positive about GHSC TW.

I have found them at Homegrown Fantaseeds, Woodhorse, GHSC..............

But maybe there is a beter option?

OzzBozz

trainwreck is off the hook!
good potency, big yielder, quicker finisher, and you deal with alot less problems growing it in comparison to other strains

WokkaWokka!

It still holds its own on many levels versus the new stuff. . . Personally i am tired of the one dimensional aroma of tw but it kicks ass.

Norkali

Man I wish I didn't hate the taste smell of Trainwreck....and I've had the real stuff, you KNOW when it's the real deal or not, (just like a true OG) and the buds always have this distinct look to them as well, cupped, 'buldgier', 'different' shaped calyxes when dried - almost indescribable, crazy orange short hairs with a white frost all over the bud.

Reminds me of Eucalyptus trees like no other! People who have the real deal HAVE to know what I'm talking about!

eugenegreen

herbalist
Veteran
Man I wish I didn't hate the taste smell of Trainwreck....and I've had the real stuff, you KNOW when it's the real deal or not, (just like a true OG) and the buds always have this distinct look to them as well, cupped, 'buldgier', 'different' shaped calyxes when dried - almost indescribable, crazy orange short hairs with a white frost all over the bud.

Reminds me of Eucalyptus trees like no other! People who have the real deal HAVE to know what I'm talking about!

I concur... I can hold it down, but I'm not fond of the TW taste... I can't say it's harsh (I've smoked nasty buds before and not cared) or in anyway not primo buds, it's always dank to most... but I too find the taste unpleasant man! weird, because I thought I was the only one....:D

PondeLftHndSide

Veteran
I just smoked two little nodules of E32 that I found in the bottom of my drying box from my last TW plant, and now I'm all energized AND spaced out and dreamy. Yeah, good 'Wreck is good smoke for sure. Those were tiny little buds I found, and I'm totally sideways right now. Makes me glad I'm almost done vegging the next one.

It still amazes me that this plant can be completely ready to go to my satisfaction in 45 days from the flip. I've taken it to 10 weeks a few times, and it got a lot bigger and more beautiful on the plant, but honestly, I like the head of the 45 day Wreck a lot better. 10 weeks made it sleepy and got me way too stoned. 45 day Wreck gets me frolicking high but still manages to relax and level me out.

Now if the high didn't have this ceiling/tolerance factor... I can't smoke TW for too long without it losing its effectiveness somewhat. That's the Afghani component for you. The other patients in my collective absolutely love it, so I never have much for long anyway.

I'm going to dust a branch of my next E32 girl with some pollen from one of my Highland Mexican x Blueberry males. Male C has a nice upright structure and very strong branches, I want to see if he'll contribute some of his structure and add more Mexican vibes to the overall head of the TW, cut the Afghani influence somewhat. ThePablos has been working his own Casey Jones x (HMxBB) line, and he's having good luck with it so far - slim, columnar plants with big, sticky clusters. So I'm curious.

That's a good description regarding the Eucalyptus tree scent.

"Now if the high didn't have this ceiling/tolerance factor... I can't smoke TW for too long without it losing its effectiveness somewhat."

PondeLftHndSide, I know exactly what you mean. I've built up tolerance to TW. I haven't smoked TW in years, but I know if I did, it wouldn't take too long before the effects will have little if any affect me.

--Herbsman_OS

PondeLftHndSide

Veteran
Herbsman - That's one of the goals of my TW x (HMxBB) experiment, to try to lessen that tolerance factor and add more Mexican zing! to the effect.

And actually, I love the smell. It's foul, putrid, acrid... beautiful!

PondeLftHndSide

Veteran
"Fuck you, I've been on a UFO! I met an alien race who wanted to take me to the planet Arcturus!"

:D

Ha! I'm not familiar with the quote, but it's a good one. I took mine from a Walter Becker song - "We come in on the morning scan / all the way from far Arcturus". Also, Arcturus is an old extinct brand of vacuum tube, some of the finest ever made, and some of the most sought after. Some were made from beautiful cobalt blue glass. I think that's why Walter referenced it, because he's a renowned tube head. His and Donald Fagen's lyrics are filled with little obscure references like that.

I had a seed of Train Wreck and I lost it last night. It was germing in a paper towl and I dropped it out of the tile, it hadn't popped yet so there is hope. Now that I think about it I am going to look for it again after seeing these pics. It sucks because it was a free seed.

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
Trainwreck is still by far one of the most potent plants I have had the chance to experiment with.
The stuff straight puts a dumb look on my face and sends me flying.

trichosaurus

*Stoned User*
Veteran
Trainwreck is in my top 5 for sure. The unique smell and dumbifying high makes me giddy everytime I smoke her.

ATW @ day 47

:yummy:

Humboldtcore

Trainwreck not as good anymore, I'm from Eureka, like 3 miles from arcata haha. All the buds i've been tasting have been really unsatisying. We have a really good strain of Headband here though. It tastes amazing. Or you can try Trainwrecks older brother Shipwreck which is a very very strong Sativa high.