What's new

Arcata Trainwreck

I agree that GHS "train wreck" doesn't look a thing like the true and real clone only Trainwreck. I heard that the GHS "train wreck" takes way longer to finish as well.

ShootinBudz

Blue Trainwreck was at an arcata co-op in clone form and i am sure they can still get it. The plants grew much like trainwreck but the buds looked like dj shorts work. Looked to be a great yielder also, at least as hefty as TW.

hdn155

couple of my friends grow blueberry x trainwreck in eureka and arcata... looks alot like trainwreck but has that blueberry taste and smell.. really really nice.

Burt

Veteran
my experience with trainwreck crosses is that the wreck is very dominant in the outcross

G

I think the dominance of tw isn't that powerful, guess it just depends what your hybridizing it with...
I've seen a couple tw crosses that had no tw odor at all and slightly resembled it in lankyness and shared the little finger leaf look and easy trim quality of wreck.
And i agree, tw is kinda boring and old, you either love that nasty stench or can live without it, luckily i lived with it in the nineties and am way over it! LOL

But the tw crosses are funny to look at, your gold train, blue cross, afwreck, kushtrain, purplewreck, pineapple wreck...

In response to shootingbudz; I don't think the name makes a shit of difference, you look at the herb and by smell and look most people will make up their mind. the reason they like those namebrands is they know what to expect and have been happy with it in past experiences, makes sense, but yes the name game has got to go!! The herb itself should be the experience, fuck the name!!

G

Some trainwreck crosses do exhibit phenotypes that are dominant tw, i can't say it doesn't overpower sometimes. It's just a big genetic roll of the dice, with recombination and much more mumbo jumbo mother earth does bring about so much diversity without making exact replicas in sexual reproduction...anyways, respect to all the tw lovers out there, just not my bowl of herb.

Guy

Its a shame they had to name these seeds TW as we all know they arent going to be anything like the real deal clone. Not a chance.

G

havent grown nothin in the past 3 yrs that has kicked the wreck outta the OP.

i think its one of the best cuts around, shes a classic, and will remain that way.

G

LittleBigMan said:
if you don't mind me asking expat, what all have you run in the past 3yrs ?

THx

gonna have to go backwards and try and remeber um all, LOL

ill rattle some..........

SFV
TahoeOG
TripleOG
OlBlue
strawberry cough
strawberry creme
Bubba kush
pure kush
chemD
chem4
blowfish
sourDeez
jackieO
others that escape me, but been in the game for a few years now since 02.

and then a crap load of seed. im not sayin all those other cuts suck, most i didnt care for. not what i liked to smoke, or maybe didnt like growin um. either way ive had lots of different cuts and seedplants.

TW is unique imo, nothin has its aromas or flavors. i consider it a heirloom cut, it has stood the test of time, unlike many others. ive seen friends yield very well with it.

im very happy with it, dank as they come:D

G

TW, OlBlue and Strawberry Creme have been with me the longest, i have kept the chem4, and the SFV is the latest keeper ive come across. 5 plants in quite a few years, not bad id say. used to keep as many as i could like 25 at a time, but it wore me out, and most i never smoked anyway.

G

its one of those plants if ya think about losin it, ya get a funny feelin in your gut, lol.

G

I hear you expat, hard to keep a stable of twenty or more going...turns into a lot of labeling and work! LOL
I used to have a couple dozen but nowadays just stick with five or less. But variety is nice!!

S

socioecologist

I, too, love this thread. Big thanks to everyone for keeping it going.

I'm getting antsy to try my TW--she finished up a week ago and has been line drying since. She went 63 days (I know I know, 70 would have been best but there's more to the story), and turned a beautiful shade of lavender on the fan leaves, and even on a couple of the tip-top calyxes (less than ten total). What a sight to behold. Long internodes separated round, resin soaked bud on what was the viney-iest creatures I've ever grown (in a loving way).

Probably won't taste her for at least another month (had my spine fused (L5-S1) the day after harvest, and just got home from the hospital--no smoking until coughing won't snap my spine in half). Damn she smells good though.

The good news/bad news on this run was a pinhole light leak in the top of my SunHut caused a couple viable bananas to pop out of an OG Kush 818 SFV sitting next to the 'wreck, which lightly seeded her here and there (roughly 15%). Pretty little seeds though. And I'm sure there will be some keepers out of a couple thousand feminized Arcata Trainwreck x OG Kush (818 SFV). Anyway, just wanted to share this little story, as it keeps me chuckling whenever I hear GHS (or their supporters) applauding the GHS 'wreck seeds. They might be producing what they've convinced the people they want, but at the end of the day, the final product is simply deterimental to the cannabis gene-pool (and probably not as good as my accident!). Cheers.

Last edited:

billb

Veteran
i'm not big on ghs by any means. never had the chance to try the arcata cut. but the ghs trainwreck is good.

F

Four2Zero

Are these ATW?

Are these ATW?

I got these cuts gifted to me as Trainwreck. They came from a bay area clone distributor who is supposed to be reputable... Im wondering if they appear to be the Arcata cut? I know it would be much easier if they were flowering but this is what they look like right now. Anybody wanna guess? Thanks in advance for your help!
F2Z

G

BlazeTheSky said:
damn! that shit looks fantastic. too bad there aren't any seeds of some crosses on the bay/.

isnt gratefuls casey Jones a TW cross?

ive tried a few TW hybrids and none bring the TW tastes and aromas, most had lots of lime goin on.

tough to repro a original anyway.

Latest posts

Latest posts