What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Arcata Trainwreck

expat said:
isnt gratefuls casey Jones a TW cross?

ive tried a few TW hybrids and none bring the TW tastes and aromas, most had lots of lime goin on.

tough to repro a original anyway.

pretty sure it was trainwreck x Billy Goat's Oriental Express then x Rez's ECSDv3

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
Is there a pure Indica TW?
Because the stuff i was smoking on was like.. narcotic couch lock.. sleepy as hell high?

Elk Woman

HerbGlaze, that might be from bud that was overripe. Tranwreck, like most varieties, gets heavier in its stone the longer it's blooming and still in the ground. Even "up," trippy sativas can make you feel stupid if they were held too long in flower before harvesting and the cannabinoids were degraded. The chemistry of this is related to the function of CBDs in ratio to THC; someone else on this thread will probably be able to explain it better than I. if I have any of that kind of "stupor" bud, I use it to get some good sleep. IME, Train Wreck in general is a BAD IDEA for insomniacs: my brain just starts cranking up the beta waves, thinking faster and faster (not always productive!! or pleasant!), and I can't sleep until the whole buzz is worn off! LOL!

I hope you get a chance to try the good 'erb in its perfect dry and cure. You'll join the club, I bet 10 to 1.

Enjoy!

jtk707

I think jack is far superior to trainwreck

I think jack is far superior to trainwreck

KNIGHTSHIELD:Train wreck and jack have similar taste but also totally different taste at th same time imo :joint:

:headbange

:muahaha:

mark6699331

Wreck is an almost pure sativa. Strange huh? A sativa that beats out an indica in time and is stonier. Well have to rewrite all the books.

M

J

JamesChong

Lancet-Percy said:
pretty sure it was trainwreck x Billy Goat's Oriental Express then x Rez's ECSDv3

Here is the make up of Casey Jones. Copied and pasted it here from one of Head's post.

"The Mother of Casey is Billygoat's Oriental Express... A superb pairing of Trainwreck and Thai... And The father is Rezdog's Illustrious ECSDv3..."

As for the make up of my OE, Oriental Express. (Trainwreck x Thai) No, Trainwreck x OE. Just (Trainwreck x Thai). Casey Jones (OE x ECSDv3) if I'm right. Don't know if Head changed anything around or if the mix is right, but I'm sure it's this way, but I could be wrong. He only had the Female OE at the time. I know he's and Ms.H. Have been working with the rest of the seeds I sent them and have males now. Hence, the new projects they are coming out with soon, but I'm sure they will drop in and explain those.

Thanks and take care,
BG

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
Heya BG what's that your talkin about?do u see any OE in this?

sorry couldn't resist....btw giesha C99XOE............stank.......Mm

J

JamesChong

Hey Mike,

Was saying how the OE was put together. People had the order wrong. There wasn't any Trainwreck ontop of TW(TW x Thai). Plus, maybe I lost it. Was super tired yesterday. I replied to your thread about your question. Didn't want to hi jack this thread. Very lovely grow you have and great skills. Big Congrat's and nice job.
Take care,
BG

oohcow

I am not an old timer or veteran. But i grabbed some arcata trainwreck. The smell is undeniably rotten and the smoke is fantastically great.

The first bowl had me hooked and I knew I would forever be trying to find a cut of this strain.. I must simply must have more.. the high is Awesome. top 5 buds I ever smoked i would have to definently say.

I dunno about others.. but for me.. i could smoke the Arcata trainwreck for months and be satisfied.

D

dankbudz

humboldt trainwreck is the best all around plant period. large yields, crystally sticky nuggets, great bag appeal, nice lemon menothlated dead whale dipped in gasoline smell amd the sttone is nice...not devestating but nice

M

mexilandrace

I am going to be near TW country in a few weeks. I will score some bud for sure, but I wonder what the value of a living clone would be in the gulf states?

well, wreck is in texas, just gotta know where to look.

not that I live in texas or anything...

M

mexilandrace

mail it, don't carry it with you.

and obviously don't mail it to the grow spot.

idiot grin

humboldt trainwreck is the best all around plant period. large yields, crystally sticky nuggets, great bag appeal, nice lemon menothlated dead whale dipped in gasoline smell amd the sttone is nice...not devestating but nice

I bolded the parts that are the opposite of what I always understood trainwreck to be... I thought the old-skool trainwreck was always talked about as very low-yielding, and very strong. I think people today use "trainwreck" to talk about several different strains (or one that doesn't cross well and has been crossed anyways).

either way, some beautiful plants in this thread.

G

guest5703

as weird as it sounds, your not the only person I've heard explain the TW smell in the same exact way lol.

nice lemon menothlated dead whale dipped in gasoline smell

I bolded the parts that are the opposite of what I always understood trainwreck to be... I thought the old-skool trainwreck was always talked about as very low-yielding, and very strong. I think people today use "trainwreck" to talk about several different strains (or one that doesn't cross well and has been crossed anyways).

either way, some beautiful plants in this thread.

I used to grow TW and it is a high "yielder". The kind of yield that if you know how to grow, you'll be able to pull between 1.7lbs-2lbs per 1000K light.

For me, when I first smoked TW, it was phenomenal. TW has all the qualities that one looks for in a strain: Good bag appeal, unique aroma, and decent buzz. But as time went on, I built up a tolerance to her real quick.

People on the West coast have had the opportunity to smoke TW for years, but others from the MidWest or East Coast, when they get to experience it, think it's the ultimate strain. And it is a good strain, but there are so many others that I would consider Top Tier.

--Herbsman_OS

TonyBalogna

Victorias first day 536.jpg
Trainwreck up close about a week and a half ago. The buds will look grey in the sun at finish! I'll post some freshies soon. Currently they are about three weeks and a day into flower.
Victorias first day 524.jpg
My T.W. outdoe spot. Trying to make the best out of my limited space. Evrything is Lst'd to fit! Grow Organic! PEACE!