What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Apollo 11 f3 and discussion

Medium Pimpin'

Ask Beavis, I Get Nothing Butt Head
Veteran
The furthest I take my old school cut of Apollo 11 is 56 days.
You could take her 45-49 no problem.
I couldn't imagine doing 80 days.
It's great day weed, not overly potent but tasty.
A real happy type high , nothing bugs you when your'e lit off her.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I haven't run the A11GPC X A11 yet - next winter looking for males. :)

I'm running the A11 x (F13 x A11) right now, 26 in veg, flipping them next week. ;)

Minitiger

Yup, they sure look like Apollo's, Minitiger! Nice and green! :D

I was a little taken back by all the color in Buddah Watcha's photo's but figured it was environmental.
I've grown my share of A11's under a variety of conditions and have never seen color like that.
Apollo is a very green strain to me.

There's actually quite a bit of orange-ish hairs, too. Not sure if that's coming through in my photos (for some reason, the photos in my album or whatever aren't as clear as they look on my computer once I post them). And those nugs were COVERED in crystals. Seriously some of the stickiest herb I've ever dealt with.

Bodhi's Apollo, though, hits me more like C99 than what I've heard about Apollo. C99, for me, affects me differently than what I've heard from other people. Meaning: I don't get that racy, anxious high from it. C99 (and Bodhi's Apollo) starts out really happy and pleasant and, uh, happy haha, but after like an hour and a half, I'm knocked the fuck out. Literally can't keep my eyes open and I crash out reeeealllyyyy hard. Not sure if it's just one of those strains that affect my body chemistry differently than other people's (Blue Dream is another strain that seems to affect me differently than other people) or if I maybe took it just a little too long (think I harvested around day 52, maybe?), but yeah, it hasn't been what I was hoping for. Still really good, sticky sticky weed, but I like Sativas. I wanna stay up, ya know? Haha.

I haven't seen Buddah Watcha's Apollo photos, but I'll check them out shortly. And maybe my Apollo will hit me differently after a good cure. I've got one jar that's been sealed since harvest, so like six weeks or so. Maybe that jar will smoke differently than the jar I've been blazing from now.

Minitiger

Shit, I should've turned that last post into like three different posts, just so I could get closer to fifty and be able to share my photos.

Fifty posts just to share pics.... Give me a fucking break..... Haha!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Yup, they sure look like Apollo's, Minitiger! Nice and green! :D

I was a little taken back by all the color in Buddah Watcha's photo's but figured it was environmental.
I've grown my share of A11's under a variety of conditions and have never seen color like that.
Apollo is a very green strain to me.

Hey broda, i know this is a quite late response lol, but I think what caused those purple coloration was the temps and also I use LED's which sometimes helps to turn the plants more colored from my experience!

I actually popped the remaining seeds of my A11 f4s, got 2 females, but I grew them very poorly and didnt get much smoke out of it... Not nearly as nice as the grow documented here!

Peace!

M

Mr D

Hey broda, i know this is a quite late response lol, but I think what caused those purple coloration was the temps and also I use LED's which sometimes helps to turn the plants more colored from my experience!

I actually popped the remaining seeds of my A11 f4s, got 2 females, but I grew them very poorly and didnt get much smoke out of it... Not nearly as nice as the grow documented here!

Peace!

Not sure if it matters but the new Apollo 11 and C99 are prone to producing colors not seen in the originals.

I've been running an unreleased Bohdi Apollo 11 F4 cross that is old school Apollo dominant, as well as Genius. Neither ever produces the colors I've seen in the new versions of A11 and C99.

MH, LED's, HPS, CMH , night time temps in the 60's....none of different light sources or temps ever caused the originals to produce the colors seen in the new versions.

The colors are from the new father Soul selected for C99. It's the only new genetics introduced to the original parents.

Latest posts

Latest posts