What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Apollo 11 f3 and discussion

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Here's a smoke report that I posted under my thread, figured I'd post here too!

Apollo 11 pheno #2 Smoke Report

This pheno was one of the chuky ones, looked pretty similar to the other one, had nice branching and very vigorous! Smells ranged around tropical fruits. The herb was harvested and dried and then trimmed and jarred, where RH was lowered to around 61%, where they have been curing for around a week or two.

Strain: Apollo 11 F4 Genius (Bodhi Seeds)
Flowering Time: 75-80 days
Trichomes: 20%Clear, 70% Cloudy, 10% Amber
Sativa/Indica Ratio: Mostly Sativa
Testing Method: .3g Bowl wake and bake

picture.php

Texture/Feel 9/10
This nugs feel very nice, they are not tight, airy little nuggets that just melt around your fingers and crumble into the perfect bowl texture weed. You clearly feel little resin heads stick to the tips of your finger, makes you want to lick ya fingaz!

Smell 8/10
The smells ranges in the tropical fruits, papaya, pineapples, mangoes, somewhere in between. The smell is not too loud, but it is very pleasant, not your typical ganja smell.

Taste 7/10
The taste is starting to come out with the cure, I expect this to only get better. It hits very smoothly, you clearly can taste the fruity terps from the smell, mixed with some type of woody taste. Not too complex. It will be interesting to see how it tastes in another month of cure.

High 8.5/10
The high can be very psychedelic, inspirational, a bit racy at first, you can feel it on your vision. Makes me want to think about life and stuff I like. Very good for a nice walk in nature or just sitting on the computer listening to some good beats! High lasts about 1 hour of intense high and it mellows it out afterwards.

Overall 8/10
Very satisfied with the final product! I been smoking mostly on this pheno. It will be interesting to compare with the other phenos, which are curing. I still have 6 seeds of this genetics to go through and it will be fun growing them! The branchier phenos yield very decent and produce a very nice smoke!

And a few more pics, because everyone loves pics! :laughing:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

JVault

@ Buddah: Amazing photos! Beautiful flowers man and im happy you posted a smoke report. A lot of what is harvested is being processed for extractions so with what you have in the effect / terpene profile im stoked to see it in oil form and do a side by side smoke of flower and oil.

Im going to take pictures of all 3 phenos i have in flower tonight (7 pm - 7 am)

Heres pheno 2
g67a7ce.jpg

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
Very nice dude. Love the report.

But 75-80 days? My Apollo x Genius is very Genius leaning and still finishes at most 55.

FireIn.TheSky

I always take my A11's to 75-77 days, I found harvesting it too early shortens the high and gives me uncomfortable paranoia.

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
75 days though damn. I might try it one time to see but I think k itd take away that clear creative high I like.

FireIn.TheSky

75 days though damn. I might try it one time to see but I think k itd take away that clear creative high I like.

I don't think I lose anything aside from the paranoia.

At it's core A11 is a thought provoking, energetic spiritual high, all the extra flower time seems to do is take the edge off. No matter what I find A11 to be a low ceiling strain, it has tolerance build up like woah.

People think C99 is a 55 day strain too, when I recently ran C99 I took it to 75. In all the years I have been growing I have only found 1 true plant that finishes in 8 weeks, almost everything I have ever run has been 75+

Minitiger

You need 50 post or use a 3rd party image hosting site and use the BB code

Jv

I don't know what a 3rd party image site or a BB code is. I'm a total computer moron. Plus, I rarely post here, I'm a regular at another site, though. So maybe in like a year, after I finally get to 50 posts, I'll share some of my pics.

50 posts until a member can share pics? That's kind of fucking stupid....

Minitiger

But if anybody's interested, I did start an Apollo album here. They turned out good. Could've turned out great, but I made a few mistakes ("mistakes" meaning I was lazy and didn't do the things I should've to even out the canopy)(when you're running four very different strains, the canopy can get real uneven real quick). Anyway, yeah, my Bodhi Apollo 11 f4 open pollination album is here somewhere....

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yup, they sure look like Apollo's, Minitiger! Nice and green! :D

I was a little taken back by all the color in Buddah Watcha's photo's but figured it was environmental.
I've grown my share of A11's under a variety of conditions and have never seen color like that.
Apollo is a very green strain to me.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hl what's your opinion on taking the Apollo x he ius past 50-55?

My original pk. really was in that ballpark but once I got into my f2's they seemed to go longer, into the mid 60's.
There's just too many variables at play to make any hard, fast rules with any strain, is how I see it.
I just know how I like them. :D