What's new

Apollo 11 f3 and discussion

Darwin

Cannanaut
ICMag Donor
Hey all! Hope everything is great with you! By the looks of the recent posts it looks to be a very Apollo Christmas! I'm continuing at a slow but constant pace. As Highlighter noted, my life is busy but I'm still continuing my breeding. The F5 A11 seeds are currently being formed as we speak, having been pollinated a short 2 days ago. As promised these will hit seedbay at $25/10 just to get them out there. It really is a great strain and I can't wait to share it with all of you!

One of the mothers that (a clone of) is currently in seed:

picture.php

I have smoked this several times and it is wonderful medicine.

Please keep the A11 pics coming. I would love to get my line in your hands and vice versa. Long live A11!

Great news on your project Highlighter!
10-1 those fatty leaves will disappear as she matures. ;)
Hope it's a girl for you, MR!

So she lifted her little skirt for me today! Whew! I just started 5 of the Aurora Indica cross, so I was hoping I would have something to sample from this cross without having to pop more of these beans for a bit. Great vigor so far. She still has some pretty stout leaves. I'll shoot some pics after she is done stretching. The Blubonic mom is starting next and my A11 keeper is going to be done a few weeks before this one, so I will be able to make some good comparisons between the 3.

Darwin, nice to hear things are chugging along and thanks for being so proactive on getting these beans out there for the common man. Says a lot about you friend!!! Also gotta say that bud is sexy man. What a nice looking plant she is!

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great news, Darwin! F5's, nice! :yes:

Good news for you too, MR! :)

Bi0, the zig-zagging has always been prevalent in my line. Here's another male, all 3 pics are different males.

picture.php

Here's a shot of the A11 Genius pheno cut I was provided with.

picture.php

I'll be taking those lower branches for cuts as soon as my cloner provides space. ;)

:tiphat:

Bi0hazard

Veteran
That's exciting. Can't wait for Some A11 Genius zigzag (m) on zigzag (f) action. Out of curiosity, which seed stock where your males from - this is going to be epic... Eventually, the A11 Genius cut should be reversed into a male. I think that would provide an interesting outward breeding tool into other top strains around.

G

guest121295

Is this the zig zag?? I have this one going nicely but I've fallen back into a trend of not labeling transplants...Sometimes I say, "I'll do that in a minute..." It could only be a few diff things...
picture.php

I

Iron_Lion

Here is some close ups of A11 zig zag. Pretty common in A11 as I have seen it pop up quite a few times.

One thing I hate about A11 is it always rolls the worst joints, the buds form such tight, hard calyxs that break up into little balls and are such a bitch to grind up good to roll a nice J. Such a great smoke tho, best summer time weed.

picture.php

picture.php

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good, Iron_Lion! :good: Couldn't agree more w/ you about such a nice summer high. :D

Chaco, you're on board, same sourced cut as mine. ;) Slightly more oval to the leaves than my stock. :)

Thought it'd be cool to take some shots of the Apollo Trip and A11's I just flipped. These plants have been pruned up the stalks, but no topping. The 2 tallest Trip's have since been lst'd up into pretzels. :D

Apollo Trip w/ red background, Apollo 11 w/ black background.

Both lines are my own f2's. The A11's from Grimm stock, the Trip's from Rez.
Rez crossed his A11's w/ Dutch Flowers' A13 Trip. I made f2's from my pk.

Some cut & paste info on the A13 Trip
Haze #19 gave our A13 Trip its notable hazey edge. Even hard-core Haze aficionados admit that our Haze #19 has on occasion caught them off balance and threw them into a cold-sweating experience they rather not repeat. Dutch Flowers

Haze seeds were bought from Martijn, the heir apparent to Wernerd´s genetics of Positronics fame.
TThe reference to #19 in this case is just the number this particular Haze seedling is known under, its "Haze #19", no connection to Peak #19. The original Haze cutting (according to Martijn) was super-strong but in order to develop a seedline it had to be crossed with some male and reportedly today has 13% indica in it.

This "Haze #19" plant is definitely NOT what you would expect phenotype-wise (looks indica), but on the other hand the high is trippy and has almost NO body, the color of the leaves is pale green, has no skunk odor at all (fruity when growing, spicy "Vicks vapo rub" when cured), it is finicky about its feeding regimen (it immediately goes yellow)... all traits that one does not associate with Indica.

Not a "wonder" plant, I would rate it 7.5 overall, but its a compact plant, short in height and flowering time, and you still get a sativa-style of high with an agreeable, non-skunky taste. Good breeding material, good structure and flowering time, with a respectable high. -Adam Tripper

:tiphat:

G

guest121295

Well first I thought the plant was diff because I saw HL's seedlings and thought they were the cut, then I realized that I hadn't labeled any of my transplants from last week, so it was a double cluster*. I smoked some nice Apollo/F-13 this morning and went down skateboarding in the cold wind, I havn't given it out like I've given away stuff I have too much of and you know how people like what they can't have...:)

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I havn't given it out like I've given away stuff I have too much of and you know how people like what they can't have..

Haha, most likely cause it's not on par w/ your Neville's Haze & ECSD & Chem D, et al. :biglaugh:

Bi0hazard

Veteran
i have a few of retardo motabon's a11 in flower now. c99 x genius.

Great to hear, I haven't seen any expressions of motabon's A11 phenos. Did you save clipping, and get any males? Those could be incredibly useful in the Apollo 11 Breeding project =]

Keep us updated on how they turn out for sure.

G

guest121295

I wouldn't be too quick to discount the quality of the Apollo/F13, I've been smoking this for a couple days with great benefit.You have a big high and no low, the taste is rank like the smell...after this bag I'm looking foward to seeing the Apollo all alone.
picture.php
picture.php

Well, my A11 x blubonic cross is getting mixed feelings from me. In my current small vertical setup, stretch is a big deal for me and it has been very difficult for me to get any plant to span the length of my lights to achieve max efficiency. they just don't seem to stretch as much as under overhead lighting. This plant didn't stretch hardly at all, and the leaves although green are crinkly and not looking overly healthy, so probably not something that will work for my system, but holy shit is it smelling awesome! PUNGENT blueberry/citrus. Some plants smell awesome when in the box and then the smoke is so/so, but I have a feeling this is going to be a real tasty one. This is very exciting for me since I haven't really done much pollen chucking. I'm not usually one to modify my technique because a plant doesn't work well in my system. I am more likely to only keep plants that work in my system. I like to keep things simple and kind of depend on my plants all getting the same nutes and environment because I run a variety of strains perpetual.

Looks like I have 3 fems and have culled 2 males from the 5 @ A11 x Aurora Indica seeds I started. Why is it always the males that show the most vigor? Ha! Although one of the 3 girls was as tall as the boys. Not sure what to think of these yet. I only grew them to about 4" tall before flowering since I was mostly looking just to test germination and never really had the space to run them. they are in 12 oz party cups and will probably only be a few grams of bud each. Just a little test run! Structure on these seems to be conventional.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey everyone, some of you have noticed I've started a thread on my breeding exploits with Apollo. I welcome all of you to check it out:
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=229613

I'll continue to to be active in this thread too! :D

My Apollo's/A-Trip's are 32 days in now, and I'm very happy with them. I had to kill off 2 of the A11 girls for lack of space, but have them going in clone form, which I'll use to make F3's.

The A11's have the Juicy Fruit smell of early flowering Apollo right now. I love this smell and wished it followed thru to the end, but things will get more citric.
The Apollo Trip's have more of a rotten pineapple thing going on, cept one that is sweet pineapple. I expect this to change too.

So here's what they look like @ 32 days.

Apollo 11 #6
picture.php

picture.php

This was the shortest one so I left her alone.
Here's #10 , who got some LST.

Apollo 11, #10
picture.php

Here are the Apollo Trips

Apollo Trip #1
picture.php

Apollo Trip #2
picture.php

Apollo Trip #3
picture.php

Apollo Trip #4
picture.php

These are all in a 4x4 tent, w/ 600w hung vertically. I'm hoping to add additional lighting by next month. :)
Down under the canopy of the bigger plants, is this A-11-GPC cut.

She's been in 12 days and will be hooking up with my A-Trip male shortly. My bigger GPC is @ 3 wks and nestled in with the Apollo boys and their pollen-spewing ways. :D

Be back with bud shots as they ripen up.

Darwin, how those seed mama's coming? :tiphat:

Darwin

Cannanaut
ICMag Donor
Darwin, how those seed mama's coming?

Coming along, coming along. I've been testing some offspring of different males in order to ascertain which males are best. Life's been busy but I'm keeping up. Sorry I haven't been on here much. The final seed run is just going in to flower so I'll post updates as they get sexy.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good to hear, Darwin!

Phillthy, how far along are you?
This is the c99 x genius, yeah?

Apollo 11, 39 days
picture.php

fresh pics tomorrow.

Latest posts

Latest posts