What's new

Apollo 11 f3 and discussion

Bi0hazard

Veteran
Leone Marwin,

What a beautiful phenotype you have. The coloration on it is wild, very sharp oranges and whites. Looks absolutely dank! How is the high? smell? clear headed and thought provoking qualities on the strain. Definitely a keeper there.

Darwin,

That sounds great. I would love to get my hands on some of the beans you've been working on. I'm always up for trying any pheno or variation in the genius/apollo lineage. It's quite noble the way you are going about offering the seeds so they go to people who really will cherish them.

++Respect

Darwin

Cannanaut
ICMag Donor
The last one you are showing darwin looks totally different than anything I have grown to date. My females have all had golden/orange hairs Like Leone's. That one you showed that is strait green is interesting. Not typical though is it?

No not typical at all. This is the first time I have seen this phenotype out of the hundreds of A11's that I have grown. It started out looking like a c99 phenotype but then filled out significantly and has, oddly enough, the strongest smell out of them all. Not a c99 smell at all, more like a very strong smelling, high yeilding apollo. Very interesting phenotype, but that's what happens when you grow out this many for this many generations. I'm keeping it, I may even try to isolate this trait, but it won't go into the apollo 11 f5's.

This is more like the typical apollo's:

picture.php

Nice. That last pic is more like what I have seen in my 2 female plant experience. Ha! thanks for the info Darwin. So, more lemony-funk than the pineapple or grapefruit that c99 usually throws out? Do you think this may be some Shiva Skunk popping up?

How often have you seen something that was just totally off in left field from the typical Apollo? How often is a plant just completely different than what Apollo typically shows taste-smell-appearance wise?

No not typical at all. This is the first time I have seen this phenotype out of the hundreds of A11's that I have grown. It started out looking like a c99 phenotype but then filled out significantly and has, oddly enough, the strongest smell out of them all. Not a c99 smell at all, more like a very strong smelling, high yeilding apollo. Very interesting phenotype, but that's what happens when you grow out this many for this many generations. I'm keeping it, I may even try to isolate this trait, but it won't go into the apollo 11 f5's.

This is more like the typical apollo's:

picture.php

nice dude
:wave:

Darwin

Cannanaut
ICMag Donor
No, just got a new Nikon d3000 which is the source of the last pic. All the others were a cheap Nikon point and shoot.

Thanks Dank and Rudy!

Regarding your questions Rudy, I have never previously seen anything totally off in left field. This phenotype really isn't off in left field either, it's really more of a combination of the best traits of C99 and A11. It's possible it is from the Shiva Skunk but I'm not really getting any indica feel from this phenotype. I've smoked some after it was dry enough (prior to cure) and there was no indica in there at all, even being picked later. To me it's really more a combination of C99 and A11 that seems rare. C99 tends to produce more but skinnier/ farther apart calyxes. While A11 produces large more solid calyxes in less numbers. When you take the large calyx production of C99 and the larger more solid calyxes of A11 I think this is the phenotype you get. Just my current hypothesis. Further test crosses with this phenotype will hopefully reveal the genetic structure.

picture.php

Last edited:
Wouldn't you know that my little runt is showing the zigzag pattern.
picture.php

Stems are also thin and weak and nodes are far spread. the node thing is likely because it is a runt and was further away from the lights than the others. No excuse for the weak stems though. I've even been giving a good dose of silicate to these guys and the rest of the stems are stiffer than I'm used to. This plant is in flower already and will likely produce about a gram, LOL, but it may do better once the plant is mature and I am taking cuts from it. I have had that before actually with my runt from the first batch of blubonics I popped. That runt ended up being the biggest producer and my keeper.

Bi0hazard

Veteran
Midnight Rudy,

Looking good. Excited to see how this pheno turns out. Keep an eye on that initial zig zag 'lets label it: (a)' to see if it lightning bolts back in the opposite direction. Usually after it zig-zags again to the the other side (b) and then back again (c) - the initial zig-zag (a) tends to straighten back out on most phenos. But there is a continuous zig-zag growth at the newly growing sections for a considerable amount of time.

Midnight Rudy,

Looking good. Excited to see how this pheno turns out. Keep an eye on that initial zig zag 'lets label it: (a)' to see if it lightning bolts back in the opposite direction. Usually after it zig-zags again to the the other side (b) and then back again (c) - the initial zig-zag (a) tends to straighten back out on most phenos. But there is a continuous zig-zag growth at the newly growing sections for a considerable amount of time.
abc... ha. it is going right to left and then front to back above it. should it go left to right next?

Well my little runt didn't make it. Stem snapped below the dirt for some reason and even though I braced it with a stick she wilted and died on me. Smoked OK considering it was a couple weeks early! NBD though, the first two fems I got from this pack including my original keeper, did the same zig zag thing and smoked great. I did get my first keeper back too. The other girl, my #9, is totally not doing the zig zag thing though and seems to be different than the rest so I am excited to see that finish up. Seems to fill out a little better, but I won't know until I start running clones. That one should be done in about a week. #9 smells fruity but not as lemony and I haven't gotten any of the black pepper smell like I get with my #3, so I'm wondering if it doesn't lean towards Cindy. Moving right along showing a bit of amber at 6.5 weeks so I'm flushing as we speak. That would actually be nice just to have something different since the other 3 females from this pack were all very similar in taste, smell, and high. This girl is trying to take over my mom area too. Very vigorous and a fast cloner.

Darwin, what's the haps friend? how is your breeding room coming along? I'm curious if you notice much difference in smells when you have pollinated buds? I have heard some say that the terpin profiles change when buds are fully seeded. What is your thought on that?

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
What a cool thread, tons of great info in here. Thanks for the educating read :)

G

guest121295

This is Highlighters Apollo11 X F-13.It's my first experience growing anything with Apollo11 in it and I can tell ya' I'm loving this thing.There's a DJ Short style mutant in the background, you can see the freaky bud but this around 10 days ago,both plants esp the good one have a knockdown candy scent like saltwater taffy.I wish I'd had some interaction with the original Apollo11 but, no complaints...
picture.php
picture.php

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh, you will buddy, you will. ;)

The F13 really dominated that cross, one of the the best attributes being stronger branches.
I'm hoping to have a chance to b/c it to the Apollo side this winter. I really love the smell/taste of this cross more than either of the parents.
Tho certainly a sativa dom high, I'm hoping to get that crisp, clear high of the Apollo back into it, while retaining the present flavor.

I've got all my A11 F2's started, and am just starting to pop my Apollo Trip F2's. Stay tuned. :)

Last edited:

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Habeeb asked the following a while back,
any pics of the F1 bros grim plant shots?

Here's the male & female I used to make f2's.

As Darwin commented on, in choosing males, I look for a heavily branching structure. ;)

Here's another Mr.Soul quote on Apollo:
Apollo 11: This indoor hybrid has a high calyx/leaf ratio & finishes flowering in 7 weeks or less. Our big-yielding, lemon-scented female clone named "Genius" because of her CLEAR, energetic, thought-provoking high was crossed with a robust Cinderella 99 male to create Apollo Eleven. Expect some variation among individuals. The best females are short, heavily branched plants with multitudes of dense, resinous bud sites - perfect for SCROG. The smoke has a sweet citrus flavour. The high is UP & HAPPY.

It's always been my criteria for initial selection. :)

Darwin

Cannanaut
ICMag Donor
Howdy everyone, great to see everyone enjoying A11.

Can't post without a shot of the A11 I'm smoking right now :) :

picture.php

Midnight: sorry to hear about your runt. I'm still tweaking my area but things are getting into full swing. Regarding changes in terpene profiles when setting seed, I can say that I have noticed a stronger pine smell.

Looking great Chaco!

Highlighter: I've definitely preferred the branchy ones in my selections. Here's a male that will be contributing to the F5 generation, topped once:

picture.php

I'll keep you all updated as things progress.

Howdy everyone, great to see everyone enjoying A11.

Can't post without a shot of the A11 I'm smoking right now :) :

Midnight: sorry to hear about your runt. I'm still tweaking my area but things are getting into full swing. Regarding changes in terpene profiles when setting seed, I can say that I have noticed a stronger pine smell.

Thanks Darwin for the update. No worries about the runt. I really only mentioned it because it was a curiosity to me. I actually culled the other female from the last batch already. Had good overall growth characteristics but the high wasn't what I like from the A11 and was no competition for my original keeper from the pack, so that is the one I'm sticking with. Some day soon I am going to have to start going through some of these seeds. I just switched my op from a 25 plant sog to a 6 plant micro vertical so it will be a long time before I get to them!!! Ahh well, such is life. Good problem to have I guess!

Hope things are well Darwin!

So, I was curious about the A11 x Blubonic and I popped one. Just transplanted and topped and going in for sexing in about a week. That is my A11 keeper on the left. Please forgive her disheveled look... she looks rough only because she is growing into my lights a little. She is in a 12 oz party cup and tied down to the rim about 8 times. Ha!!

picture.php

I can't get over the fatty leaves on this one! Neither the Blubonic mom or either of the 2 potential A11 dads had fat leaves. Hopefully it's a she. Either way certainly looking indica dom at this point.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
10-1 those fatty leaves will disappear as she matures. ;)
Hope it's a girl for you, MR!

I'm pleased to announce my stewardship of the Apollo cut mentioned in back pages. :D
Plan to breed the crap out of her!
I'm finally ready to get my grow off the backburner, about to flip my Apollo & Apollo Trip girls. :woohoo:
Moving my males out, thought I'd take a few snaps. Keeping 4 for breeding purposes.

Hope all's good, Darwin, I know your world is a lot different now! :yes:

It's gonna be a very Apollo '12 for me. Stay tuned...

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts