What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anything outdoors 2020!!!!

therevverend

Veteran
That's what I'm dealing with right now. I always start out over the limit because I want numbers to select from. The problem is I have too many keepers; I hit the jackpot. Seeing and smelling all sorts of amazing phenotypes. A lot of squat bushy ones that look like females. Now I've got to cull and it's hard.

I'm saying to myself next year I'm starting with much less but then it'll be Murphy's Law. A bunch won't start, I'll get a bunch of scrags and males. It's always better to have too many then too few. If you have to be ruthless oh well, it just means your select keepers should be amazing.

JDubsocal

Out of curiosity have any of you green state guys heard of anyone getting busted for being a plant or two over count?

Here in CA the laws vary from city to city. Some cities prohibit outdoor grows, so you have to go indoor. My argument is, having my outdoor plants never posed any risk of fire, or a "larger carbon footprint." In my town you can have 6 plants period. CA law says you can have 6 flowering and 6 in veg, but it is left up to the cities to decide. I called code enforcement for clarity and was told if caught with more than 6, it goes from personal garden to unpermitted commercial grow, and they do have the choppers flying over all summer and fall just looking. 6 legal plants is more comforting than anxiety every time you hear a fly over and have more than what's allowed, you know?

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Here in CA the laws vary from city to city. Some cities prohibit outdoor grows, so you have to go indoor. My argument is, having my outdoor plants never posed any risk of fire, or a "larger carbon footprint." In my town you can have 6 plants period. CA law says you can have 6 flowering and 6 in veg, but it is left up to the cities to decide. I called code enforcement for clarity and was told if caught with more than 6, it goes from personal garden to unpermitted commercial grow, and they do have the choppers flying over all summer and fall just looking. 6 legal plants is more comforting than anxiety every time you hear a fly over and have more than what's allowed, you know?
I totally feel it and would do the same if I was in your shoes. Like I said, 6 plants would certainly satisfy me but the whole plant count thing is ridiculous. Still better than no plants.

I got a feeling Leo would like to see some of that stimulus money come their way. I'd be surprised if they didn't ramp up their plant hunts this season. There will certainly be more people growing this year for sure. People need income and can't go around others so growing would seem a natural option.

St. Phatty

Out of curiosity have any of you green state guys heard of anyone getting busted for being a plant or two over count?

no not for being 1 or 2 plants over count.

i have a neighbor who has land that is flat & super easy to fly over for a plant count.

He does 3 or 4 plants over count, no problems for 4 years.

BUT don't forget - Cannabis Prohibition is a MAKE-WORK program.

if they get low on tasks, or just feel like making your garden an example ...

worse yet, what if they go to straight up BOUNTY system for LEO employees ?

they already sort of get paid "by commission".

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Here's a Sour Lemon feminized, a friend gifted it when it was small. A lot of vigor in the line, considering the time of year I'm impressed.

View Image

Seems to be the real deal, reeks of sour and lemon.

Here's a (Romulan x Grape Ape) x Mendo Diesel. Another plant that has the potential to get big. If this one's a female..

View Image

Weather's been good seem to be a week or two ahead of other years.

I just put out a auto NL yesterday, it seemed to becoming better weather. Just got her in a 5gal bucket. I got several Burning Man clones from Exotix Genetix I'll probably plant one of those. I'm gonna get me a nice big tote around 20 gal and put some drain holes in the bottom and try to get that Key Lime x Dos to work.....Its been indoor awhile under 18hrs, anybody got any suggestions on getting her out without her going into flowering??? Beside crossing my fingers and praying lol. I think going into a bigger container, and maybe keep the N higher for a couple weeks. But yea my NL is small, she's just about 10-15days old if that. My other plants I put out will be pretty good size clones. I've germed seeds a lot later than this and get good size plants for 5-10gal grow bags. I think using smaller East Coast containers there's no need to put plants out before April!!! because they always get drowned out. I might pop a couple seeds of something still??? But I need to decide fast if I'm gonna germ something else. I've got a decent Double Sundea from Cannarado also. It got overfed about a mth ago I'll probably grow outdoors also!!!! I'm trying to thin the flowering room out lol, but I'm very concerned with neighbors, or a certain neighbor is how I should put it. But I'll probably try to get around 7-10 plants this year. Opposed to the 30-40 and my guerilla spot. I'm more gonna watch and see how it plays out. I might start tossing the flowering room in early July lol

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Anybody ever tried Burning Man from Exotic Gentix??? it's Spirt in the sky x face off OG or Hazmat OG one. I've got there Chocolate Nightmare going also, Its a Tina cross, I've heard it was a good plant. I guess grow them and see!!!!

Nice start guys!!!! Hope we can get to work now right ??? Hopefully some sun and dry weather!!!!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
no not for being 1 or 2 plants over count.

i have a neighbor who has land that is flat & super easy to fly over for a plant count.

He does 3 or 4 plants over count, no problems for 4 years.

BUT don't forget - Cannabis Prohibition is a MAKE-WORK program.

if they get low on tasks, or just feel like making your garden an example ...

worse yet, what if they go to straight up BOUNTY system for LEO employees ?

they already sort of get paid "by commission".

Oh yea sounds like you might should back down, try to hide some smaller ones if you can get enough sunlight. Good luck and please be safe

CrushnYuba

In my part of California, we get flown but they usually don't do much about it unless a neighbor complains or you are really really going for it. A few hundred plants in a greenhouse or say 60 giant outdoor plants doesn't usually make them care. Its code enforcement that comes and they just tell you chop it or you will get a fine. I'm talking about counties that don't allow any outdoor or allow 6 plants. It's really all about complaints. If a neighbor calls, they show up.

Everyone this year don't give a F. I know of people planting 300 big outdoor plants. Everyone kind of thinks that because of covid you can do whatever. I haven't seen 1 helicopter. Usually i have seen them buzzing around a couple times and they have hovered 10ft above my garden and taken pictures.

I also know people who's whole attitudes have changed. Like if code enforcement comes, they are not going to cooperate. They will meet them holding a rifle. make it clear that this is how i intend too feed myself this year and i WILL protect my property.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
In my part of California, we get flown but they usually don't do much about it unless a neighbor complains or you are really really going for it. A few hundred plants in a greenhouse or say 60 giant outdoor plants doesn't usually make them care. Its code enforcement that comes and they just tell you chop it or you will get a fine. I'm talking about counties that don't allow any outdoor or allow 6 plants. It's really all about complaints. If a neighbor calls, they show up.

Everyone this year don't give a F. I know of people planting 300 big outdoor plants. Everyone kind of thinks that because of covid you can do whatever. I haven't seen 1 helicopter. Usually i have seen them buzzing around a couple times and they have hovered 10ft above my garden and taken pictures.

I also know people who's whole attitudes have changed. Like if code enforcement comes, they are not going to cooperate. They will meet them holding a rifle. make it clear that this is how i intend too feed myself this year and i WILL protect my property.

I think the laws on cannabis should be the same in the entire USA, there's to many different laws in different counties at least keep it the same in every state

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Time to get that Key Lime x Dos in here. I'm gonna cut drainage holes of course. Thinking of a couple other strains like my Burning Man clones, I'll probably try a couple of those. I'll bury most of the container and probably put some green or brown paint on it. I just hope she don't revert to flowering??? I've kept the grow and everything Veg wise to feed. These containers are about 5$ at Walmart. I just want a pretty good size East Coast plant!!!!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Here we go, the famed black rope tube!!!! good ole plastic. I've already got this Key Lime x Dos knuckled over good. This is a older plant I've had inside probably 4mths or so, she's a big plant. That's a big pot for a outdoor grow around here. I promise nobody within 50-100mile radius are using anything bigger than 5gal buckets. We've hit another bad spell, rain, cold, cloudy. It looked to be clearing by the weedend. I put my auto nl under the tree, she'll be flooded if that water isn't covered from the leaves. I wanna do several 5-10gal plants. Probably and few clones or seed plants I've already got a ton of clones .

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Horribly weather but I'm gonna fill this tub up and put that Key Lime x Dos soon,, smh it's hard to put them out. I've got at least 4-6 clones or so I'm gonna put it out in 5gal too. I've had rain, I've got my Auto NL, but I don't know what to expect from those Autos??? I just hate to not have a good year with all that soil in the tub, but it'll be close enough I could possibly move it!!!

JDubsocal

Hey wvkindbud38,
As if the weather isnt enough isnt your area about to be hit with cicadas this year? I would hate to see all your hard work turn into bug food!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Oh those Locus we call them around here. I'm not sure I've only got a plant out right now. Ive got a Coco block and some other soil I'm gonna mix it up for that tub!!! I've got and 2 clones in 5gal buckets as the weather went blazing hot. Hopefully the sun stays out. I dunno I'm gonna look into those bugs. I haven't noticed any locus this yr.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I've seen guys use 30gal garbage bags and poke holes in then. I guess it's more on what size plants you intend to grow. I'd just dig you a decent about 3ft deep x 3ft wide if your gonna add some mix to the hole. Like I said you can dig them bigger if your trying to grow bigger plants. Also if your soil isn't as compact you don't really have to dig your ass off

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts