What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anything outdoors 2019 !!!

St. Phatty

Blueberry Headband Cross at about 7 weeks.

Would like to see her keep growing till about the middle of October, 3 more weeks.

Camera is a $30 TCL LX.

I think the distance measuring mechanism on the camera maybe can be fooled by fan leaves and other things sticking out from what you're trying to focus on.

I think they look a little like the Vulcan Narada space ship in the 2009 Star Trek movie.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20190924_114707_+__.jpg
    IMG_20190924_114707_+__.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20190924_114707_+_+__.jpg
    IMG_20190924_114707_+_+__.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Narada_over_Vulcan.jpg
    Narada_over_Vulcan.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 12

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Chem Kesey x Christmas Tree Bud.
Took her picture this morning. Still needs a bit more time...
picture.php

My Jamaican x PCk cross. PakiJam.
Gave her a standing pre-trim and chopped her this morning.
She was done.
picture.php

bibi40

Mango saphire ( planted late june ) ,

harvested monday too ,
with a sister ,
three others needs one ore two weeks more .

picture.php

picture.php

it's a beast , really similar to the indoor grow ...

Is it OK to remove some of the buds along the lower portion of the plant while leaving the tops to mature for another 4 to 6 days? This isn't something that will stress out and halt the farther development of the top buds?

Reason I ask is a lot of the buds along the lower portion of one of my plants seems to have stopped developing for some reason (no longer a sugary coating of trichomes, the pistils have all turned brown and shrived, and no more new/white pistils are being pushed out).

I'm not sure what the exact cause of this is, I've spotted a few seeds in some of these buds (I do not kno where the pollen came from) so I'm thinking maybe they just stopped developing because they have a ripe seed in them? (and the plant is getting close to harvest anyway, I would like to let it go for another week though)

The tops continue to swell and develop and push out new pistils and trichomes....So is it OK to take some of these lower buds off the plant that are no longer developing in any way and let the tops finish for up to another week? I'm assuming it won't do any harm since I've heard people doing "staged harvests" before....and most of the buds I'm talking about are larf and the lower portions of the colas.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Lack of sunlight will do that (shade).

Many people will harvest THE TOP which removes the shade and exposes the bottom bud to more light and it gives them extra time to develop.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Wow that's some buds there Capt Ahab, looks great man.

I was gonna ask if any of you guys have used that Strawberry Fields I think it's called from Fox Farm. It's like 25$ a bag on amazon. I have to order my Fox Farm products. I usually use the Ocean Forest, but recently have mixed it with Promix with great results. I usually go about 4:2 5:2 Promix to Ocean Forest. If I've got more I'll add it but Promix is a great filler.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Wow that's some buds there Capt Ahab, looks great man.

I was gonna ask if any of you guys have used that Strawberry Fields I think it's called from Fox Farm. It's like 25$ a bag on amazon. I have to order my Fox Farm products. I usually use the Ocean Forest, but recently have mixed it with Promix with great results. I usually go about 4:2 5:2 Promix to Ocean Forest. If I've got more I'll add it but Promix is a great filler.

I saw it last week when I picked up some Salamander Soil. Basically is Salamander Soil, but with added forest duff.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
No experience with the Strawberry Fields soil. The premixed soils are way too expensive here as they have to be imported by boat.
I mix my own soil using a peat/perlite base mixed with various amendments such as cow/horse manure from a farm down the road, good compost, azomite, epsom salts, worm castings, Espoma garden tone and lime. Seashells, crab shells and seaweed I gather off the beach, greensand, Great White, and even small whole fish at the bottom of the bag that I catch in the tidal creek down the road. If I have it available I mix in used perlite/vermiculite from my indoor Hempy buckets that has been well rinsed and cleaned of most of the dead roots. Then I let it sit for 2-3 weeks before putting my seedlings in it.
Primarily whatever I can scrounge here where I live then I buy everything else. It's a fairly hot mix but the plants adjust and settle in then take off after a few days.
As summer progresses I water/feed with compost tea every few days between plain water applications.
I still ended up "chasing the yellow" as I describe it ,later in the season and also did a couple foliar feeds with epsom salts along with a good shot of well rounded high nitrogen tea, which helped .

bibi40

Cream mandarine F1 Fv , the three plants was harvested monday ,
very stable :

picture.php

picture.php

smelling good lemon ...

:tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Nice plants Bibi, a lot of mine were around the size of some of yours. I'm just waiting on my plants to finish up, and get everything dried cured is another mth....i cure longer, but after I dry cure I like at least a mth before it's usually starting to get that wet green taste out. There's several of my plants close, I think I counted about 15 left to harvest!!!! I'll harvest them when there ready. I usually wait a week longer but in humid conditions it's sometimes best to pull them a week early I think.

Oh a that Jack Herer from Seedsman that I harvest fucking reeks so good. I love this stuff, can't wait til it's dried and cured. I had a decent amount on that plant!!! Grow a few last year and it was,the talk of my town along with some kc brains Cristal Limit

bibi40

Nice plants Bibi, a lot of mine were around the size of some of yours. I'm just waiting on my plants to finish up, and get everything dried cured is another mth....i cure longer, but after I dry cure I like at least a mth before it's usually starting to get that wet green taste out. There's several of my plants close, I think I counted about 15 left to harvest!!!! I'll harvest them when there ready. I usually wait a week longer but in humid conditions it's sometimes best to pull them a week early I think.

Oh a that Jack Herer from Seedsman that I harvest fucking reeks so good. I love this stuff, can't wait til it's dried and cured. I had a decent amount on that plant!!! Grow a few last year and it was,the talk of my town along with some kc brains Cristal Limit

Hi mate ,

here is the latest i will harvest :

Gorilla ( Dinafem ) , need 2 weeks more ,

picture.php

but gonna be lovely ...

:tiphat: