What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anything Outdoor 2018

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's sweet! Good man testing outdoors! I work with OG BUB at Hill Temple Collective testing seed. Been a few years though. He's looking to get back up and running this year. He's actually going to be using the lines I kept going from him as breeding material! :smoke:

Animals are being mean again. I have had 7 plants slashed at the base by a rodent the last couple weeks, and the deer came by and chewed the leaves. Coming from both ends of the plant! Always plant extra! I think I came in with about 52 or so, and the area is still covered well, so we're good for now. I can't afford to have many more damaged though to have a good yield. I put up a chain link fence a few days ago to replace the old pieced together fence. Been spreading an organic repellant a couple times a week, but the heavy rain washes it away. I guess I need to get some bars of Irish spring soap going don't I. I used a shovel and spread a little dog poop around the plot, and I do have cats I could bring theirs, but I don't want to smell that when I go there. I think I'll stick with the soap! Once they get a little bigger they're less prone to damage. I've had the cut stems at the base issue before, they will do that to pencil sized or smaller generally. I guess we're in their territory. I may have to get chicken wire, blacken it in a fire and stick it at the bottom of the fence. Just do it pipeline! :smoke:

Thanking God for this rain the last couple days. We just got 2 inches after being pretty much dry for weeks this spring! Do not fear! Trust the Father! :smoke:

picture.php

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those look like some great lines to run! Is Chem OG like Chem Dog? Chem Dog is a winner indica! I got to enjoy a few ounces of that from a medical grow in cali! Is it an IBL inbred line? :smoke:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Those look like some great lines to run! Is Chem OG like Chem Dog? Chem Dog is a winner indica! I got to enjoy a few ounces of that from a medical grow in cali! Is it an IBL inbred line? :smoke:

Well I used to run the old Chem x OG back when Capt Krip and swerve or who ever really made the cross...but Krips name was on them. It was the OG(SFV) and I'm not exactly sure the chem that was in that old strain I ran a lot back in 08-09yrs. It was a beast indoors I loved it. I've always loved the Female Seeds strains and I'm sure these guys have nailed it on there version. I'm just hoping the grower can give her a good run outdoors. I'm in the 38n in Appalachia Mtns and it's been wet,blazing hot humid normal Appy Mtns....it usually isn't as wet as it's been but the farmers almanac is calling for it to be a lil wetter than normal this summer.

I'm gonna be doing some more things outdoors and already have about 52 or so young plants about 2wks old I just put outside. And I started about 50-60 more seeds germing tonite besides what I started of the Female Seeds. But these other strains are all fem seeds from 2 different breeders. I got a later start than I wanted because some postal misfortunes. But 100-120 plants for me is a lot especially 70 fems already plus whatever is determined from the standard seeds I've started. I'll run a lot of container plants on my property. And I'm gonna be guerilla growing a lot too. I'll mainly be walking a few miles into the Mtns around my home finding places to sink holes. Maybe doing some late nite vehicle rides planting here and there. I don't have a atv/4 wheeler to get into these hollers like I need to so I could plant more....prolly could double what I'm doing this yr. But I've got a bad foot and back....my Achilles is bothering me a lot so I'm going have a hard time doing what I got so I'm happy/content.

Sorry to ramble I've had a long day lol. But I've been spraying a lot of insect/bug stuff and granular into the ground were I'm putting my container plants. I've been peeing and placing moth balls. I'm also gonna get that deer repellent/animal stuff at Walmart. They got a few different things there I'll grab here when my first plants get a lil bigger. And I'll do something when I start guerilla planting stuff.:tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Are you guys doing anything for Hill Temple this season outdoor pipeline ??? I ran some stuff there I got from Seedbay some yrs back I can't remember if it was Deep Chunk or what....forgive me if I'm wrong on the name or strain I'm very tired getting ready for bed. I know I ran something from Hill temple though....it was good I know. It'll come to me lol. But are there anything in the works or any older stuff gonna be re-stocked ???

-TheShortTexan-

Did some tieing down yesterday.....

Cages are 3.5 ft across.finally reaching the edge

Topping and lst produces alot of tops....

Same black jack as before

This is exactly what I want to do. The weeds that grow up around mine should be able to keep this size and spread concealed. With it being a week old sprout we will see if it even gets to that size before August. Seriously doubt it. If it doesn't then I won't top it. That looks amazing bro!.......

As for all the lines that everyone is throwing around they sound sick. Chemdawg is one I've been dying to get a hold of

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Ok since I'm doing some testing for female seeds I decided to see if Panikz from Real Gorilla Seeds had anything that he'd like/let me run/test in my outdoor grow. And to say the least.....he came through in a HUGE way. Well after some issues again with the US postal service I finally got the package from Panikz. I think he sent 2-3 packages and it got returned to sender. But I finally got one, and check this out Real Gorilla Seed fans !!!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 20

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Panikz sent 9 strains, AffieDaze, Purkle#1, The Kore, Fast Diesel, Dosidos, Sour Orange Diesel, DFG.....all those are fem seeds

Super Platitium GSC, Super Cream Cookies.....these are standard seeds

So that 9 different strains I've got germing from Panikz real gorilla seeds. His guy is the most generous person I've probably meet in a long time on icmag. He's got a ton of good stuff, and updating Gypsys Seedbay and Seed boutique. I've bought seeds from Gypsy for yrs and will definatly not hesitate with Panikz and the RGS guys in the mix over there now.....there like the Golden State Warriors of the seed business. One hell of a team. Real Gorilla seeds and branded seeds available at realgorillaseeds.com. Everybody should check it out. I'll be starting a grow thread in there forum with these 9 strains. I'm getting a late start but I'm gonna give it a 110% plus there's a lot of fem seeds so I'm not gonna have to sort males. I've got em germing !!!! Very excited....got another announcement I'm gonna be making.....like I said when my mail finally came it was big, I'm not done yet !!!!

-TheShortTexan-

Here's a White Rhino from Nirvana....back in my old gallery. Probably grew this around 05-06 somewhere around then. Here she is right before harvest. Sorry my cam wasn't the best. Nice lil main cola. Grew in a small 2-3 gal pot

Good to hear of helpful people supporting the cause. This forum is by far the most informative (and mature if I may say so myself.) And now it sounds like more of a community than a forum.:comfort:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
What are all of your opinions on late season bumper crops? Anyone planted like early July just for some quick popcorn to add in the stash??

Well I'll get back with you this fall on that lol.....but I'm planning on putting a lot of these fems into some 30,20,10gal pots maybe bigger. I'm gonna do some guerilla spots too but I'm wanting to get some decent buds friend. Some guys like MountainBudz has said he'll sink plants in the ground until August I think he said. We usually have a mild fall around here and might can push into first parts of Nov if it doesn't rain a lot and have to worry about mold. But you never know with these outdoor grows that why I like to put a few into some big containers so if you get lucky with a few plants you can get a few massive yields if all goes well with some of your plants. Hell if I got enough soil leftover I might make a 65-100gal pot or so and put a plant or too. We usually start flowering around here 37n in late July so I got some time....I've already got about 50 some seedlings 2.5wks old. The amount of plants I'm gonna have is gonna be a lot for me this summer. Like I was saying in another post I'm having some problems with some leg and back injuries and I don't have a 4wheeler to guerilla grow I'm gonna be hiking/walking. Yea this thread is for anybody to post pics and talk about anything there growing outdoors and things of that nature. So it's a wide range of topics and hopefully the trolls stay away and we keep some good pics and discussions going. :peacock:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Good to hear of helpful people supporting the cause. This forum is by far the most informative (and mature if I may say so myself.) And now it sounds like more of a community than a forum.:comfort:

Icmag and back in the OG days has always been a tight knit community. I think the marijuana community in general is a great helpful bunch of guys. If I've got the space and time I'll help out guys if they want something tested. I'll also threw it out to a few breeders/members if I'm really into there work/strains that I've got a grow going if they need something ran I've got the space and time. I've done things for guys in the past that didn't have the level of work that I like to be associated with that I regret putting myself out here for so I like to really know who/and if there work isn't a bad reflection. It's a 2way street but 99% of these guys I'd do anything I can to help.....don't get me wrong it's a great help to myself also and I'm very greatful for my friends and associates around here.:tiphat:

-TheShortTexan-

Hope the trolls hide out for sure. I'm at 32n here and I think late July early August is when flowering kicks in. It's been a few years since my last outdoor and I'll be damned if I can't remember. In the past paranoia got the best of me about halfway through. Determined to not let that happen this year. Love your and mountainbudz posts. Hopefully early June plant time will give me half a zone.

-TheShortTexan-

I feel like half an ounce is a low expectation but considering the surrounding vegetation shades the plant decently and shes in constant high temps (105 already for almost for two weeks now) especially in the seedling stage, I'd be happy to see a few frosted nugs waiving in the breeze by October

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea I was all the way down into Lareado,Tx a few yrs back. It's very flat your part of the woods. It takes awhile before the sun gets out from behind the Mtns here....it's lite out at 6am or so but it's 10 before I see the sun. I lived up in Illinois and the sun would blind you at 6am lol...I'd come home from work on 3rd shift and couldn't hardly drive for the sun at 430-530 in the am lol it was crazy compared to here. I've been studying a lot of sun charts and stuff this yr....Tycho from the guerilla thread has it. It's a little complex at first but once you figure it out you can already know exactly were/when the suns gonna be. All this photoperiod and sunlight,sunpath stuff is a must for us guys in the Mtns. We don't see a sun ball for 14hrs a day. It comes out from behind the mtn around 10 and it goes over in front of my property at 630 right now. But it's lite out until 9 or a lil after but we just don't get that 100% sun from the time it comes up until it goes down. It must still be intense because you can grow thick buds with 6hr of direct sun here. I dunno it's something to get the mind thinking about I guess.

-TheShortTexan-

Definitely plenty of sun exposure here. Just plowed fields and wind for surroundings lol. But that also means high temps and ferocious winds at times. We try and block out the afternoon sun down here for the same reason. But morning sun will help clear up any dew. Mold isn't nearly as big a problem though because the air is a little drier and you catch a breeze more often. However you look at it there's sacrifice, either good cover and less sun or good sun and she's in the open. Take it or leave it, I prefer cover

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Where the hell are you putting such a high number of plants?

Shit. I have trouble finding places for 12 or 15 plants.

Yea I'll have around 20 or so container plant around on my plot.....and anywhere I can find in these Mtns lol. I've got some other places a few miles away I'll drive to with some. I'm looking at around 100-150 plants and I'll focus on the best looking plants say half 25 container plants and 25 good guerilla spots. And anywhere and everywhere with the rest. Hell I know guys with 10times more the I've got lol. I'm doing small outdoor grows. Heck some of these guys prolly have 500 or more guerilla. I know MountainBudz Tychomonolyth and some others have big things going. If I end up planting 20 some bigger container plants and 20-30 guerilla plants I'll prolly give my brother inlaw a good number of plants to mess around with. Plant as many as I can lol:woohoo:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Definitely plenty of sun exposure here. Just plowed fields and wind for surroundings lol. But that also means high temps and ferocious winds at times. We try and block out the afternoon sun down here for the same reason. But morning sun will help clear up any dew. Mold isn't nearly as big a problem though because the air is a little drier and you catch a breeze more often. However you look at it there's sacrifice, either good cover and less sun or good sun and she's in the open. Take it or leave it, I prefer cover

Yea I bet when a big t-storm comes threw it's hell on plants....I know we very rarely will see wind gust that are even half the speed as Midwest and Southern. When I lived up north we get 70 mph wind gust and I'd feel like the roof was gonna blow off. But when I storm hits here there branches on trees break and shit....sometimes fall on your plants, and if you got stuff close to a holler the water can wash them off. We all got a lot of different things to deal with and a lot of the same. I figure if I harvest 1/4 of what I plant it we be good, I dunno we'll what happens lol that's all we can do:tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
If it was legal here I'd prolly plant the legal amount. But it doesn't matter if I plant 10 or 50 I'm going be fucked if I get caught. I have a pretty clean record...no felonys a few misdemeanors so hopefully that may help a lil ???? Prolly not with my luck