What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anything Outdoor 2018

Badfishy1

I put so much alfalfa and green manure in my soil in the spring that my soil is so hot, you can't put your hand in it. To me it's the most important thing i do for my soil. It would definitely kill worms.
Really the time that i want the worms is halfway through the year. I want them to eat my alfalfa top dressing and poop them 6" below the surface. I wonder how much they disturb roots. I wonder how many worms i need to really have a significant impact. I was thinking i could farm worms in a greenhouse over the winter and add them after the hot period that would kill them... But would i even be able to farm enough of them easily for 600 yards of soil?

Worm reproduction rates are astonishing. If you bought enough to start AND had enough to feed them, of course you could. Question becomes how much do you want to spend on renting worms for 6 months

PDX Dopesmoker

If you dry out and burn your waste material then what you'll have left over in the ashes will be everything that doesn't burn at normal combustion temperatures, which would be the mineral content of the plant minus the the minerals from the part you kept to get high off of. You can just mix that right back into the dirt without having to worry about waiting for some natural process to come along and liberate it from the dead material for you.

The rainy spell in Portland is over and we've got nothing but perfect weather in the forecast, which is great news for me because only one of the bagseed/pollenchuck types I tried this summer is really early harvesting enough to be worth growing locally, the others all need the lucky weather. Worth the gamble in my book, the good one I found is fantastic, even if October had come around and crushed my late bloomers I'd still be happy with the results. Nice weather this late in October is pretty abnormal for Portland.
Pizza Kush is one of the late bloomers, its at about 7 weeks and a few days and you can see it still needs a while more to fill in.
txyuLHl.jpg

PDX Dopesmoker

5th week flowering - LhazexParaguayan

Very good mold resistant

View Image

Mold resistance is worth thinking about, I've cut about a dozen little spots of budrot out of these 4, the one 2nd from left dozen't have any though.
Left to right its Bagseed Orgy A, Pizza Kush, Bagseed Orgy #1 and Fruit Truck Crashed Into A Candy Store.
uSYKBBU.jpg

I posted Pizza Kush yesterday, so here is Bagseed Orgy A. Buds are really dense on this one, just like the mother.
oHbOKk8.jpg

Bagseed Orgy #1 is a little more fluffy and more budrot prone
xmVf5zX.jpg

Fruit Truck Crashed Into A Candy Store started flowering about a week before the other 3, but it kept on adding new more and more new pistils instead putting energy into bulking up it's first sets of calyxes, so now it looks like its kind of behind the others.
g5emR8k.jpg

Bagseed Orgy and Pizza Kush have the same father.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Really great shots, guys! Crops are looking good! Thanks for posting them up!

Getting a couple plants with purple patterns on the leaves and one that has purple calyxs! The purple calyx plant has a really sweet smell and has no mold at all. Hope to find some seeds in there!

Its going to get really cold in a couple days. Would the plants be alright in a 32 night? Thinking its time to bring them in. I don't see them growing much more now that highs are in the 50's for the next couple weeks. I'd like to leave them out. I always harvest early so I'm not sure how long they need to finish.

Tycho-- Got a few mice running around here too! It could be a mouse. Whatever it is its fitting through my fence. Put down some liquid fence granular repellent, and the dog spread his scent around. Thankfully it was only 2 plants. Going to have to visit every couple days so if the mice decide its time to chop a plant, I can bring it in before it starts going bad.

Brought in the plants after it had been raining. Not the ideal time to harvest. I wonder if the trichomes get knocked off with the rain.I just cut them apart to help them dry. Going to harvest during dry weather when I can. It was just the time I had to go out. Glad I did!

Check out what I found!

House indica

picture.php

Sativa Candy spice
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

PDX Dopesmoker

That doesn't look early at all, you have all those nice little towers of fattened out calyxes.
This is Bagseed Orgy A, which look like it would be an early harvest if I took it today. Good thing I don't have to
Bh52xlL.jpg

Pizza Kush looks closer to being ready
3aEEnTa.jpg

I use these macro pics in lieu of having a micro scope. Bagseed Orgy #1 not nearly.
EVIyP1x.jpg

Fruit Truck, etc. also has a ways to go
OIejPMA.jpg

Nothing but blue sky and 70º in the forecast so I'm not sweating it, but budrot might end up eating most of those plants anyway. I've been playing budrot whack-a-mole for the past two days. Hopefully I'll stop seeing new spots of it soon, Bagseed Orgy #1 lost it's top 3 inches earlier today.

LungCooking

Mold resistance is worth thinking about, I've cut about a dozen little spots of budrot out of these 4, the one 2nd from left dozen't have any though.
Left to right its Bagseed Orgy A, Pizza Kush, Bagseed Orgy #1 and Fruit Truck Crashed Into A Candy Store.
View Image

I posted Pizza Kush yesterday, so here is Bagseed Orgy A. Buds are really dense on this one, just like the mother.
View Image

Bagseed Orgy #1 is a little more fluffy and more budrot prone
View Image

Fruit Truck Crashed Into A Candy Store started flowering about a week before the other 3, but it kept on adding new more and more new pistils instead putting energy into bulking up it's first sets of calyxes, so now it looks like its kind of behind the others.
View Image

Bagseed Orgy and Pizza Kush have the same father.

Oh yeah! Mold resistance is a must man!

here a couple more ;)

picture.php

picture.php

M

metsäkana

i think too close or too far shots i cant reconnize the quality.. but on right light with no flash i can almost tell from pictures how it smokes :)

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Damn I've been super busy trimming and getting things put up to cure......plus sampling some buds. Haven't smoked any in almost a yr until the other nite I started getting into some stuff.

I just harvest my final plants around the 12th......plus the others I harvest 3wkz ago or so. I didn't have alit of mold but there's some smaller amounts I removed. It seems to have been more of a budrot problem as my plants went into October.

I've got alot of pics, and journal I've gotta get on here and finish. Im pretty happy with what I've ended up with.....I've gotta weight everything but I'm happy. With all the rains I'm great ful to harvest anything

Latest posts

Latest posts