What's new

Anything Outdoor 2018

caliprop215

Veteran
U guys are funny ....dig holes and forget where hahhahahahha .....good thing it wasnt harvest time. U must have done a dam good job hiding them .....i want some of your guys weed LOL

therevverend

Veteran
As far as KC Brains strains go they're hit and miss. I've seen nice phenotypes and there possibility is there of growing a truly massive plant. It would take a lot of feeding throughout the season some of them are big eaters.
There is a lot of inconsistency. I've had early flowering and late flowering phenos from the same pack. I've had seeds from a pack that were a different strain then they were suppose to be. I've had late finishers that lost half their flowers to mold.
It's hard to tell people to avoid their stuff entirely because there's some great genetics there. I think it's part of why the price is cheaper then a lot of other stuff.
You get what you pay for but the possibility of finding a gem that's excellent smoke combined with a huge yield is a temptation that's hard to resist. I will say that even in a bad moldy mislabeled phenotype the smoke is decent and the plants were never total duds. The expensive packs you get with plants that barely germinate and scrag out can be a bigger let down. At least KC's plants usually have real vigor.

YES with kc33, out of the same packs I have had big huge trees with pretty compact buds. I have has 4 foot tall plants with a big long main cola and a few side branch buds these plants would have extremely compact buds and also, I would have medium sized Christmas tree plants with fluffier buds.. several plants would split into 2 as if they had been topped they would turn into huge bushes and some would just have a single stall going up and would grow very tall. With the exception of the fluffy bud plants the weight to plant ratio that I have got from kc33 has been very good tho. Germination is always near 100%
Also I should add al of those different plants ^^ had the same growing environment.

The main reason that I have stuck with using kc33 is because when I started doing the whole buying seeds offline and trying out the fem seeds and everything they were a lot like the strain that we always used and seeded out..there tough plants with a lot of vigor, I don’t have to water them By hand.. i can set them out put some slow release around them and leave them be. Go back from time to time and cut back the native overgrow around them and fertilize them again..sonon so fourth..they are resistant to mold and insects..I live an extremely busy life and kc33 was tough enough for that! Heck I have to put in my full vacation every year to harvest..plus request some personal time off with no pay if I don’t time it perfect when I put in my 2 weeks notice for vacation..

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
U guys are funny ....dig holes and forget where hahhahahahha .....good thing it wasnt harvest time. U must have done a dam good job hiding them .....i want some of your guys weed LOL

This isn't cali where you're growing in desert conditions. lol

The spot I lost some is in my sig (early spring). The grass in that spot is >5 feet high now.
Here's one 30" caged plant.
picture.php

The spots are easy to find. It's the plants that are hard to find, and if you don't flag your holes, you're wasting a lot of time searching for them.

Here's one in a spot that needs zero grass trimming to find the plants. Most spots are *not like this.
picture.php

The spot I'm using next year can hold >5k plants spread out. The grass there is over 5 foot at the moment. I'll have to use a string trimmer with a blade a few times to keep them from suffocating, I'll drop off supplies this winter with a snowmobile because it's a very hard walk to get in.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Wow those are pretty hard to spot. I don't think LEO or anyone else for that matter would have a hope in hell at finding them.

caliprop215

Veteran
Yea u guys better use a stake or somthing to find those things.... Well hidden but dont they outgrow the grass too? Wouldnt they be stretching for the light above the grass

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Yea u guys better use a stake or somthing to find those things.... Well hidden but dont they outgrow the grass too? Wouldnt they be stretching for the light above the grass

Yes it does eventually. But the grass/nettles grow easily 20x faster so it's easy to have your plants get choked off.

You have to be as attentive as a new girlfriend who's been denied sex for a couple years. I know... it's a pain in the ass, but it has to be done. So keep the bushes trimmed short. :tiphat:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Wow those are pretty hard to spot. I don't think LEO or anyone else for that matter would have a hope in hell at finding them.

Once august rolls around, those weeds start dying off and go to seed. That's about the same time your plants start stretching. That's when they can be spotted.

caliprop215

Veteran
Yes it does eventually. But the grass/nettles grow easily 20x faster so it's easy to have your plants get choked off.

You have to be as attentive as a new girlfriend who's been denied sex for a couple years. I know... it's a pain in the ass, but it has to be done. So keep the bushes trimmed short. :tiphat:

U sir......are fucking hilarious...u gave me a good laugh

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Man I've had some huge downpours, flooding, major electricity outages. I'll back up and and answers questions. I got a few pics before a downpour. I had a plastic bag I put my phone in before the rain...stuffed it in my crotch lol. Never been digging holes during such a storm. When I got outta the woods the creeks were flooded, power out u name it.....soaked but my phone survived lol. Here's 3 plants I took to the woods....I got 1-2 pic. Here's 2 GG4 x GTE, the smaller is Cherry mist.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Most recent KC Brains Cristal Limit(fem) I got in a 10gal Bag. Got another 10gal & 30gal I transplant a wk ago I haven't got pics of yet. There bigger if it doesn't rain today I'll get some pics. I got 1 more I'm gonna put in another 10gal today and I'll have the 4(fem) Cristal Limit all planted. These are around my home not guerilla really.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Keep a gallon man, it's heavy but so so so worth it. I'll go through a gallon on a digging trip easy. I'm not even in big mountains either so I could only imagine... glad your safe dude! Be safe everyone it gets hotter than you think out there

Absolutely man.....even in the rain I've done some major hiking to put out some plants. I was in a major deer thicket the other day when I ran out of water. I had wire and a lot of stuff in my backpack and went farther into the Mtns that day. I got 6 plants in a nice place but I honestly didn't think I would make it home I was so dehydrated.....like MountainBudz so saying that day he starting to give it up. Well I almost did but like I said got a hole dug to put 6 plants in and barely made it home. I hope it was worth it !!! :tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Hey wvkindbud i am using a new grow spot this year.. the area was ate up with deer trails and deer dropping literally everywhere! But it was too awesome of a spot to atleast not give a shot (let me remind you I have had deer literally wipe me out before while applying methods of deer repellent that has worked for me year after year) I guess I’ve just had a few bad experiences with starving deer because they didn’t care, they were determined to eat my plants. However in this new spot, infested with deer signs.. my plants have survived.. I threw out moth balls 360 degrees around my area, I cut 4 water bottles in half and zip tied one of them to tree in each corner of my grow area then filled them up with pee. I took 4 bars of cucumber scented dove soap, I widdled away at the bars of soap with my pocket knife in all the areas that looked like the easiest entrance for a deer. I gathered up as much human hair as possible out of hair brushes and vacuum cleaner and and zip tied wads of the hair to tree branches all around the area.. did I get lucky.. or did all of thee things combined actually save my plants? Who knows.. but there is literally deer poo atleast every 30 feet.. in about a mile radius.. just wanted to share that.. I was stoked to go back and see that they had gotten big!

Lol sounds like me. I've sprayed deer repellent, urine around the plant area, moth balls , caging....we'll see how it works that one area I planted in was ate up with deer tracks. They've tore it up guys so we'll see if these tricks keep those 6 plants from the deers stomach

Rodehazd thanks man that's a great idea. I took a powerade along with my water bottle. I'll try to find some of this emergC. I think I seen it somewhere but I cramp really bad and definatly will give it a try

You guys talk of losing were you plant at. I've marked my coordinates on my compass and still having trouble finding some in these Mtns . I set my backpack and gear off a few days ago and went looking for a area to plant. Well long story short I damn near lost were I left my backpack and gear. I was getting kinda scared and finally found it. But I've been taking a notepad and writing my coordinates of my compass were I plant in my holes. I use the iPhone compass....I like it.:tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
This isn't cali where you're growing in desert conditions. lol

The spot I lost some is in my sig (early spring). The grass in that spot is >5 feet high now.
Here's one 30" caged plant.
View Image
The spots are easy to find. It's the plants that are hard to find, and if you don't flag your holes, you're wasting a lot of time searching for them.

Here's one in a spot that needs zero grass trimming to find the plants. Most spots are *not like this.
View Image

The spot I'm using next year can hold >5k plants spread out. The grass there is over 5 foot at the moment. I'll have to use a string trimmer with a blade a few times to keep them from suffocating, I'll drop off supplies this winter with a snowmobile because it's a very hard walk to get in.

Boy that looks nice Tycho. That looks like gravy....guerilla gravy!!! Dang nice plants and super good looking area to grow in my friend.

Guys this is my first go with KC Brains. My old friend Silverback like those KC 33. I started to get KC33 but got Cristal Limit

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I got at least 25 plants I'm gonna try to get in the ground the next few days. Gotta get out this morning and dig some holes !!!!

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I got at least 25 plants I'm gonna try to get in the ground the next few days. Gotta get out this morning and dig some holes !!!!
It's hot as hell here. Hope it's better there.

I started more 2 weeks ago from seeds I found in an old drawer. :woohoo:
All but 2 germinated. I already staked out their spots. It's 100F today with the humidity and it's going to stay like that for the next 7 days. Once the heat breaks they're going out. I know it's late, but it's just so much fun putting them out and watching them change over the season.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
It's hot as hell here. Hope it's better there.

I started more 2 weeks ago from seeds I found in an old drawer. :woohoo:
All but 2 germinated. I already staked out their spots. It's 100F today with the humidity and it's going to stay like that for the next 7 days. Once the heat breaks they're going out. I know it's late, but it's just so much fun putting them out and watching them change over the season.

I just started 50 some seeds about a week and a half ago. It pretty much normally runs 85+....and I'm down in a valley. Beening down in this valley you don't get little to any breeze.....just a lot of humid stale air. These areas on top the Mtns are a lot nicer to grow in. You get a helluva lot better sunlight and it's 10degrees cooler, less humid etx. But if there's not cloud cover and rain I know it's gonna be up there over 90+ daily.....but 100 around here damn.....I hope not because it's bad enough high 80s into 90s. What I'm trying to say is it's gonna be miserable until Sept pretty much lol....I'm sure a lot of guys will say that but it's bad down in a valley. I'm just so closed in all around with Mtns that air does circulate very well. It's also starting out very wet the last 2 mths. Farmers almanac has us beening hotter and wetter this summer.

I'm hoping the late start of the seeds might work to my advantage. I know MountainBudz said he starts seeds up until Aug...think he said. When I do ease my plants outside I've been having to cover them to keep from these downpours destroying them. They're doing good if you can avoid the rain until they get some size. I mean we all know we're not gonna get that yield like that of a plant started indoor in early May or late Apr but hopefully at least half. Almost all I started are fems so I can transplant into it's finally home or container faster. Keep hydrated Tycho this heat slipped up on me last wk. Be safe friend and good luck:tiphat: