What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anything Outdoor 2018

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I’ve been out of town for a couple weeks now and the whole time I’ve been gone it has rained, flooded, down poured.. sheesh. I sure hope the damage isn’t too bad when I finally get to go check them. Especially my little babies I just sit out a few weeks ago!! Crossing my fingers! How did your all’s small ones take all those storms? I know wvkindbuds I know u went thru some storms.. there’s several ppl on here not to far away from me! Give me some hope people lol

Man I've covered up plants since late May trying to keep them from getting washed off....especially the small ones I've kept a sheet of plastic to put over the top of a cage. I've got about a 8x8 cage I've kept my small plants in. I've almost had to keep plastic over it kinda like a mini greenhouse. I've had some plants get flooded that's took a minute to recover...some I tossed out. It's been fucking hard with these HEAVY downpours on these smaller plants. I've got about 40 guerilla plants at this time that's doing ok. The past couple of days I seen a few deers. I walked up on a fawn I think was laying down and it jumped up and jetted. I'm using moth balls, deer repellent, urine, cages......I gotta make some more cages. I've got a note pad with the coordinates of all my plants. I pretty much keep most of them close to each other, but I've got a few here and there to just test out the site/location for future grows. Plus I've got allot of female seedlings. Got RealGorilla strains, female seeds, and Seedsman stuff I'll be putting in containers. I will probably put some in guerilla spots. I've still got about 50+ plants to put in containers and guerilla spots. I'll be glad to start going around with the water bucket, and messing with caging and spraying insect repellent etx....be glad to put the shovel and maddock up lol.... Still got some digging though. Maybe another week-10 days I can get it done....just gotta work with the hand I was dealt this yr !!! I couldve been worse. Hopefully get a few decent plants.:tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
On another note does anybody have any July 4th plans ??? I started to go stay with my in-laws, but we've backed out lol..(thank god). I'll prolly be in the Mtns digging holes. Might go to a firework show one nite. I'd like to relax one evening. Not sure yet really...???

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
On another note does anybody have any July 4th plans ??? I started to go stay with my in-laws, but we've backed out lol..(thank god). I'll prolly be in the Mtns digging holes. Might go to a firework show one nite. I'd like to relax one evening. Not sure yet really...???

I will probably just be kicking it with the family, grilling food and watching the fireworks show. You know, the typical American pastime activities. The 4th is honestly my favorite holiday. Great food, usually nice weather, no obligations to give gifts or presents and you get watch shit blow up. Also has been the only holiday where no family drama and bullshit tends to come up. Gotta love it.

cadavruslos

Super Skunk Sensi Seeds
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Leda Uno outdoor

Leda Uno outdoor

Just trimmed some trees to get them some more sunshine. Very similar.

BgC

Attachments

• Leda Una 1.jpg
    Leda Una 1.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Leda Una1.2.jpg
    Leda Una1.2.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 14
  • Leda Una 2.jpg
    Leda Una 2.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 11
  • LedaUa 2.2.jpg
    LedaUa 2.2.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Leda Una 2.3.jpg
    Leda Una 2.3.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 13
Nep Jam

Nep Jam

Beautiful. About 5 ft tall. Straight up and strong stem. Purple on stems. Bent her over after the photo.

I only bought one seed after following KYGiacomo a while back.

BgC

Attachments

• Nep Jam 1.3.jpg
    Nep Jam 1.3.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Nep Jam 1.2.jpg
    Nep Jam 1.2.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Nep Jam 1.jpg
    Nep Jam 1.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 11
Well went out and checked them a few days ago there all doing good they survived, for now that is.. birds been flying hard past couple days.......... stay safe

caliprop215

Veteran
Hope all had a good 4th.....

Dont get trunk and play with fireworks.... U might lose a few limbs LOL.....kaaaabbbbbooooooooooom

Attachments

• 20180705_112149.jpg
    20180705_112149.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 14
  • 20180705_113356.jpg
    20180705_113356.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 10

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
The birds can stay in KY.....I pray everyday I'm to old to go to jail for growing plants that are legal to grow in some states and not others. I think it's bullshit....let everybody grow a set amount of rec plants. I know the medical side has to make money and the ATF has to control things. But please let us all be free to grow a few rec plants on our property. I understand the liscense needed and things for med growing. But they can figure out something for everybody. These southern states make me feel like a fuckin criminal....but I'm only doing what damn near everybody out west and many other states can legally do. Sorry to rant I've got it outta my system.

MAgardner

Going strong in the heat

Going strong in the heat

Just wanted to give update on my 9th outdoor grow in MA.
Details:
--9 feminized seeds (2 skunk XL, XT haze, white widow, cheese, cheese bomb, bruce bannerXghost train, northern lights, aloha limone) planted in fox farm happy frog soil under T5 lights on March 23...all popped March 27-29.
--planted in ground in fox farm ocean forest soil April 26 after a couple weeks of outdoor day trips. Holes about 10 gal but should have been 20+
--secure surroundings with fence to keep out deer and people and make MA legal
--nutes have been a duo of things I used in past individually but wanted to combine to get full spectrum of nutes over the year
(Fox Farm Grow Big, Neptune's Harvest) will transition to flowering nutes over next couple weeks. I also add 1 tbsp/gal unsulphured molasses to boost soil microbes during plain water between feedings
--plants supported with stakes and string and one trellised
--plants watered almost daily during latest heat
--plants range in height from ~4.5 ft to ~7 ft

FYI for all new growers, you will get better with each year you grow. Learning from the experts and amateurs on forums like this have made me a better grower.

Attachments

• IMG_5528 - 20180410.jpg
    IMG_5528 - 20180410.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5552 - 20180418.jpg
    IMG_5552 - 20180418.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5571 - 20180426.jpg
    IMG_5571 - 20180426.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5614 - 20180521.jpg
    IMG_5614 - 20180521.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC00345 - 20180629.jpg
    DSC00345 - 20180629.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 10
It’s bs. Makes me mad, sick to my stomach, sad all wrapped into one especially earlier. They were flying so friggin low I could see the men inside the open door on the side all decked out in dark clothing.. 2 birds at that

Buckeyebandit

All these picks is going to make me throw out some seeds of my own. Have some long flowering Sats I need to check out. Just got the mullumbimby madness and highland purple Laos x Thai. Should be able to stay under 6 ft this time of year. Png next season

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
The birds can stay in KY.....I pray everyday I'm to old to go to jail for growing plants that are legal to grow in some states and not others. I think it's bullshit....let everybody grow a set amount of rec plants. I know the medical side has to make money and the ATF has to control things. But please let us all be free to grow a few rec plants on our property. I understand the liscense needed and things for med growing. But they can figure out something for everybody. These southern states make me feel like a fuckin criminal....but I'm only doing what damn near everybody out west and many other states can legally do. Sorry to rant I've got it outta my system.

I know man... It's crazy how our whole west coast and northern boarder (not to mention a few other states) have stopped criminalizing people for a freaking plant yet others are being held at gunpoint and sent to prison elsewhere. There are people who oppose legalization unless it is 100% government and regulation free but for me, being able to grow for my needs even if it were only 4 plants would take so much stress off my shoulders. Not to mention legalization would remove the "I smell weed" probable cause bullshit from warrant issuing judges and cops.

My girlfriend was talking to a cannabis company out west the other day for a service which the company she works at provides. We were laughing about how I have to go sneaking around the woods at night to grow bud meanwhile it's a legit business at a place we could drive to. Very interesting times we are living in at the moment. I'm sure it will make for some great stories to people in the future who never lived under prohibition.

Dday391

I've tried getting into the industry in my state and it's tough as well. I don't keep pictures because all my life that was "evidence"! Now I can't get a job without a stacked portfolio or a damn bachelor's of science... working on the portfolio tho haha. Hopefully next year I'll get my dream job. Or I'll be back in the forest again... I'm doing this regardless because I enjoy it. It would be awesome to tell people it's my actual job! One day...

DRM Ranch

I put a single plant out on 5/28, started the cut inside from my (ADE × AOC) × (Mauritius × Ethiopian)

Aside from the party cup worth of ss#4 and some Down to Earth amendments I did not prep the area.

The area is partially shaded but gets direct morning and afternoon light, by late evening through sunset there is partially filtered light.

The soil is mostly pin oak leaf debris and native decomposed granite under that.

A chicken wire tube surrounds the plant to prevent the rabbits from eating it and maybe provide a little support as branches pass through high enough to avoid the rabbits.

For insect control I use dyna gro neem oil every other week pretty much as directed. I spray just after the sun sets to allow the product to fully dry prior to sun exposure.

As for water/feeding, Alaska fish fertilizer once a week over a dusting of composted chicken manure, water as needed.

I'm seeing good growth, no real pest issues, zero burnt tips, all in all I'm fairly pleased with the results thus far.

If this does well I'll shift some aged compost and bio char to this spot after we harvest her this fall and make another go next year.