What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

anyone seen new helio LX601 ???

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ how are the ladies? back from the trip yet?

I finished up one tent, another to go, and have some seedlings under another lamp..

another thing again I have to say, is this opened up the realm where different light schedules are going to give different results.. good or bad... then I sit there thinking, should I change this color, up that color, bring down that color... this is something I like and don't like as it's only going to get solved by many users, or someone running the lamp with clone different settings each time..

I felt I got pretty good results, but really need to play around coming up with all the lamps at different ratios to get a feel for what I'm doing, but once again I don't run clone so it's gonna be hard to say

some might say, ahhh ok results.. well that's with what you thought was a good ratio, maybe someone running it would get a better result.. with another panel the spectrum is locked in and there is no play, what people are getting is a close knowledge what the light can or cannot do.. let's keep this in mind moving forward with this light, as far as specs, it's a incredible light running top chips and great program design.. I think there's potential here

with this tent, 78 grams so far ( one plant full, two plants half chopped, one 75% chopped ), have to finish weighing the rest, but lets keep in mind three were in solo cups and two plants in the tent got tossed ( tester plants.. ) so I'm confident to say already over one gram is very EASILY doable considering other plants were in half gallon pots and new coco and nutes so.......... real question is if we can start hitting toward two grams a watt.. and if you look at the tent, it was no where near maximized for potential.. it was a test tent. I'll know better with the other tent as it's got like 22 tops

uho667

hi i came back yesterday

plants looks ok, friends of my try to care about girls ,

i v got bag 3-4 kg of leafs , turned yellow , few times he dry soil , udfeed them , etc , by mistake he disconnect cable from out take fan , and temp reach 35 deg c , i have emergence fan 580 m3 connected to suzan but is work only when temp will be over 35 c and lover to 33 deg c , as well winter get to my country and min.temp was 12 c by two weeks ,after call me he switch oil heater 450 w end temp was steady up to now

few pic from yesterday
68 day from seeds ,38day 12/12,24 day flo around

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cool,

thanks for the pics!!!

whats your impression so far? liking it? hating it? I would love to hear what others think of the light?

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so I've got an idea for next round

is I'm going to run red / blue and then a red / blue / white tent to see what the difference I get in white if any, I hate disco purple, but I would like to see what white is contributing if anything..

just thinking about this light, and how I so wish there was neutral white, or warm whites.. but I guess I don't know enough to say how much blue should be there... I'm just already thinking the blue and far red are a lot of wasted wattage... this is a very expensive light, so an unusable light becomes watts I paid for that I'm not using.. I mean if I look at any other flower panel they do not have a 1/3.6 ratio of blue to red.. so take the HGL panel, its a 1/5 ratio, but thing is with the helio we have cool whites adding even more blue.. now I know were are starting to rethink blue in flower and that in flower, plants might do better with more blue, but how much more?

I've run a 5,700k panel in flower and it didn't seem to do well at all.

we also know blue puts out more light watt per watt, so that even balances the spectrum even more to lean blue.. Ive seen the graph of the helio, but I would love to test it for my own eyes, as that seems like a whole lot of blue.

once again I feel some 4k white chips, half the blue and half the far red, to free up some watts and put more into white, and 630nm would have been a better deal. I guess also a bigger light would have been awesome to tailor that down to what I want with some big power still behind it... that would have worked also.

I guess there is so much to play with I am confused as what spectrum is gonna come out king in my eye.

rambles off

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ hey buddy!

nice to hear from ya.. so sounds like your liking it, but more testing?

oh forgot to ask for flower, what power are you running? all pectrums at full or ?

thanks, I received those schedules a while back, but problem I'm having is, what if we don't want to run them at 100% power? I feel like the software should have a option to decrease light levels by a certain percentage then for all inputs into the schedule... the flower one is easier as it's only 12 steps right? but the veg is crazy.. it's like 120 inputs !!! there is now ay I could ever modify that, and if I wanted to decrease or increase power after hours of changing a 120 step program, then I would have to do it all again!!

I get most lights are for like, here's the space to use it in.. but we all don't use the same spaces and why make it any intensity we want if it's not easy to change the schedule... just something I'm thinking about as that needs to be implemented to the program so it's easy to scale to whatever size tent you have, as a popular one for me right now is the 2.7 x 2.7 foot tents.. I love this size as 3x3 and above makes it hard for me to reach plants as I hand water.... and I don't cut all lower branches...

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so got an update from helio, they are going to implement schedule changing more easily.. I'll post email tomorrow..

I'm very confident if we can assure LED board updates from helio, or even continued design in another panel, we have a solid winner here.. I will say right off I have never been one for technology, turn a knob worked for me, and I'm not even going to say they got this led board right, but with a company in Europe / eye on pot growers / they test their own lights / coupled with hired people who study plants.. I think we have a winning company.. now the problem is if we can assure they continue to operate and produce products for us.. but I think were seeing mass potential here given this is their first light ( well second.. )

so my weigh in was 155 grams, also as I said I tossed two plants, and these were in small pots and the tent was not full capacity.. so I am going to guesstimate, 1.32 grams a watt off this first run if I put in another plant and kept the other two.. I was running 180 watts ( check tomorrow on number ) . I can't really compare numbers as I NEVER weight my grows, haven't in years.. so with that said make of that as you want as half of it is filled in, but I think bigger pots, push some additives a little more, tad bigger yielding stains with a full loaded tent and you have a pretty good lamp off of a light recipe I made up first round! so conclusions are I think the tweak in spectrum is the big player here, second is understanding lamp height to plant heights with a meter, and third would be.... I guess just having fun, at the end of the day I don't buy a lamp for max yield, I buy it to test it and see what new panel has to offer.. now a last thought is running this higher wattage might not keep gram a watt as the harder we drive the chip the lower the output, so let's keep that in mind as I was running 180 watts... more power in makes the light intensity go down slightly for watt per watt used..

here's info from helio: "The ability to make mass adjustments to the schedule is something we are working on. This is a great idea and we hope to have included in the next Firmware update.

We are also working on a schedule builder tool that can give you even more simplicity for building your own custom schedules and/or adjusting the standard one's we provide. "

uho667

hi habeeb at the moment am using 550 watt for my tent 1.2m x 1.2m

blue 80%
red100%
far red 100%
white 80%
i will try update today soft for flowering for my helenka

few pic

79day from seeds .49 days 12/12 ,35days flo

pic from yesterday

uho667

today for a while i was try to set up light schedules from program ,but i had difficult to change hour for switch on and of , because this new soft for flowering was from 8 am to 8 pm and i have from 8 pm to 8 am, so i was download again this soft and opened it in note , i change hours handy and should work i will see this evening
q7Jks.png

Last edited:

uho667

96day from seeds,66days12/12,52dayflo

at the moment im very happy with this led, next run will let me know how good yeild i can get from his panel,at the moment bud are very fat,after few days i will cut few kritikal bilbo and check the weight

Last edited:

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
holy fatness man.. thanks for sharing.. I know I' m watching this, wow they look great man.

I'm sure your yield will be great, glad your liking the lamp, I love mine, and can only hope in a couple years they'll switch the plate and give us better tuned spectrum now that they brought a scientist on board to study MJ under their light, I'm sure we'll get some good recipes down the road and tuned spectrum..

thanks once again for sharing!!